Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is a Failure [mod edit]

Comments

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

GW2 is a well polished game and it's pretty good.  But it just seems to lack something that keeps people playing long term. Maybe it's because the population seems to thin and your on your own most of the time while leveling.

The only MMO I find myself continually returning to these days is Planetside 2. Maybe it's because the community seems more active than other games and the servers are always rammed (and you get truly epic battles you see in no other game). But there is ALWAYS something going on.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by LithiumTea

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Cookie Cutter HUD with no options = Frustration

Bots everywhare = more Frustration

Goldsink = Anger

Crafting System  that  does not offer you any opportunity to make some gold = Pissed off

Man I could keep going...

It appears to me that most of WvW is nothing more than Company Lacky's trying to keep the game alive...

Waste of time for me...

Started playing The Secret World today and fell in love with this game.... I will never play GW2. 

Just my opinion, take it for what it is.... no need to hate because I don't hate you!

Peace

peace, sir. Your last sentence killed your entire post (including the title).

Nothing to see here... move along, move along.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by NasherUK

GW2 is a well polished game and it's pretty good.  But it just seems to lack something that keeps people playing long term. Maybe it's because the population seems to thin and your on your own most of the time while leveling.

The only MMO I find myself continually returning to these days is Planetside 2. Maybe it's because the community seems more active than other games and the servers are always rammed (and you get truly epic battles you see in no other game). But there is ALWAYS something going on.

Active in what sense? i noticed people play PS2 just like they play CoD. Shoot everything that moves and nobody cares for their companions (except for the ocasional player that runs around reviving). I think the real time action aspect of it hurts the social aspect pretty bad, at least for those who dont care about a microphone. I like PS2 and played it nonstop for a while until my real life friends stopped. That was my only social experience with that game, my real life friends.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    what else is new?
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

You dont have the balls to troll with your main account?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by plescure

the title of this thread should be "GW2 is a success despite what i think about it"

just because you didnt like the game that doesnt mean it was a failure. if 95% of the peeps that played the game didnt like it, THEN it would be a failure.

And even then, if those 5 % of players that do like the game keep playing it and spending more money they they orriginally anticipated, the game is a success..

For companies the success of a game is in the numbers.

With the numbers of players still growing since the game released its definately a success.  Anyway, its kinda of stupid to base your ideas of a game being succesfull on a feeling, and thats what the OP does. success is a measurable thing, and only Anet knows if they met their financial and player numbers targets. 

So you are saying that there are more people playing it now than at release? Show me where you got that information. Post a link, and remember buying a box doesn't indicate a person playing.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

What shit mmo did you come from OP ?
    If GW2 is that shit i am eager to know wich turd you where sucking ?

Well we are waiting !! tell us !! ?

Originally posted by stevebombsquad

the title of this thread should be "GW2 is a success despite what i think about it"

just because you didnt like the game that doesnt mean it was a failure. if 95% of the peeps that played the game didnt like it, THEN it would be a failure.

And even then, if those 5 % of players that do like the game keep playing it and spending more money they they orriginally anticipated, the game is a success..

With the numbers of players still growing since the game released its definately a success.  Anyway, its kinda of stupid to base your ideas of a game being succesfull on a feeling, and thats what the OP does. success is a measurable thing, and only Anet knows if they met their financial and player numbers targets. 

So you are saying that there are more people playing it now than at release? Show me where you got that information. Post a link, and remember buying a box doesn't indicate a person playing.

That argument is so over used and frankly It's a moot argument.

GW2 dont have a sub It's buy to play, people come and goes when they feel like playing, You can't come and go in a pay sub game the same as in B2P, most people dont toss out 15 dollars here and there when they feel like it, when they pay their 15 dollars they have thought it thrue do really want to play this game do I get my 15 dollars worth or not.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Goldsink = Anger

Crafting System  that  does not offer you any opportunity to make some gold = Pissed off

It appears to me that most of WvW is nothing more than Company Lacky's trying to keep the game alive...

Waste of time for me...

Started playing The Secret World today and fell in love with this game.... I will never play GW2. 

Just my opinion, take it for what it is.... no need to hate because I don't hate you!

Peace

Headache? Rage? Anger? Frustration? Sounds more like manic bi-polar syndrome to me.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by eimaiego

Jumping puzzles are great, I love them, I had fun doing them.

Bots, there is no bots, I havent seen a single bot in 7 months now, I only saw a gold seller once. I reported him, never saw him again.

You cant make gold from crafting because of the global trading post, but I like global trading post

Goldsink is necessary or the economy will be ruined like most of the other games

Most of this... except I loath the jumping puzzles. Me hates them, yes me hates them....

But I think GW2 is a success. For me... end of discussion.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Torgrim

GW2 dont have a sub It's buy to play, people come and goes when they feel like playing, You can't come and go in a pay sub game the same as in B2P, most people dont toss out 15 dollars here and there when they feel like it, when they pay their 15 dollars they have thought it thrue do really want to play this game do I get my 15 dollars worth or not.

How is it moot? It is true and completely relevant. Number of box sales does not equal the number of people playing the game. They only way anyone could now for sure is if they do something like Blizzard did by posting unique logins for Diablo 3. Otherwise, there doesn't appear to be nearly the number of people playing the game now as when it launched.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Yeah moment someone posted opposite of "GW2 is successful no matter what you think'.

Suddenly it is a troll thread.  image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Torgrim

How is it moot? It is true and completely relevant. Number of box sales does not equal the number of people playing the game. They only way anyone could now for sure is if they do something like Blizzard did by posting unique logins for Diablo 3. Otherwise, there doesn't appear to be nearly the number of people playing the game now as when it launched.

Try reading  rest of what I wrote before answering me next time mkey.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I play TSW. I enjoy TSW, but saying GW2 isn't a success isn't really all that supportable. They're going to be releasing expansions, possibly unpaid expansions. When the game first released, they actually stopped sales to keep too many people from getting into the game. They've sold enough copies to be happy, and are making enough money off of the cash shop to be happy.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Yeah moment someone posted opposite of "GW2 is successful no matter what you think'.

Suddenly it is a troll thread.  image

A successful one at that. ;)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I play TSW. I enjoy TSW, but saying GW2 isn't a success isn't really all that supportable. They're going to be releasing expansions, possibly unpaid expansions. When the game first released, they actually stopped sales to keep too many people from getting into the game. They've sold enough copies to be happy, and are making enough money off of the cash shop to be happy.

They've been saying they have no plan to release an expansion. The plan on going the temporary update route. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-03-its-unlikely-guild-wars-2-will-ever-get-an-expansion-pack

"So right now we're not really looking at expansions as an option," lead content designer Mike Zadorojny told me on his visit to London last week.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Obvious troll post. Would have been better to say GW2 is a shitty game, you would have had a lot agree with you then. I for one would have :)
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Goldsink = Anger

Waste of time for me...

Peace

Good for you. Did you actually have to post this? Could have kept it to yourself.

Just an FYI - GW2 is not a failure at all - in your eyes but you are one person.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Peace

You state that this rant is your opinion, fine. Yet, in the title you say it's a failure "no matter what we think". 

Sadly, this isn't parting wisdom or knowledge on your part. You are simply implying that those who do play and enjoy it are delusional.

No hate...right?  image

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I just think the game failed to meet expectations compared to what the media and fanboys thought it would be. It isn't horrible but it isn't that good either.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    I just think the game failed to meet expectations compared to what the media and fanboys thought it would be. It isn't horrible but it isn't that good either.

Ding, DIng, DIng !!!!!! We have a winner.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I thought I read somewhere that GW2 was the fastest growing mmorpg ever and didnt it win multiple game of the year awards and dont you notice just about every other mmo taking mechanics from GW2? I dont know, it seems like its pretty successful to me. Its true what they say about opinions and assholes.
  • duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    expectations were to not flop, not lose 70% of its players after 30 days like most that come before it, make money, sell more than tsw, tera, swtor and basically every other mmo rival fanboys who bashed it like. fucking passed them all with flying colors....
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

haha, and why does it matter what you think about the game ?

your opinion is somehow more valid than mine :D

To each it's own and just how you don't like the game, someone else loves it (like me).

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

HAHA!

Kudos to 6 pages on a troll thread!

This thread was created as a direct response and as a counter (troll) to the post saying GW2 was a success.

Seriously! how can this not be a troll?

This discussion has been closed.