Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

GW2 or Rift? What has more endgame solo content?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 911Member Uncommon

I have both, but can't play them till next month. And at that time, I'll be putting money into only one. Just wondering which has more endgame solo content.

GW2 has the living story (which is rather awesome and best feature in the game)

RIFT has collections (I like them quite a bit)

GW2 has the dynamic events, so does RIFT (and out of the dynamic events, I like RIFTs events far more)

RIFT has housing (best feature :D)

GW2 has lots of achievements to do, think RIFT has some but I don't think as many? (I prefer GW2 achievements though, they reward you.)

GW2 has dailies, not sure if RIFT does (personally love dailies, the more the better)

GW2 has a huge world to explore (but feels REALLY empty later on, at least mid level zones), RIFT world is tiny (and the cities are horrible, but there is always people around)

GW2 will be updated every 2 weeks (awesome), RIFT updates like once a month I believe with a rather large/huge update (so about even for me)

And that is just my experience with the two. However due to events, I only have time and can only play one MMO and it is out of these two. House arrest sucks, but at least I was able to choose one MMO to play. So I have stuff to do. (dont drink and drive and drive off if you hit someone, you'll get caught)

so anyway...if you only were able to put money and could ONLY play one of these two MMOs. what would you choose? I listed all the pros/cons that I personally saw in GW2/RIFT. I like both a lot for different reasons, GW2 for the living story and the world (even if its empty of players out of the endgame and beginner area) and RIFT for the dynamic events (that feel far more dynamic to me than in GW2) and housing system.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Sterling Heights, MIPosts: 669Member
    Rift probably has more endgame solo content over all, but GW 2 is adding new content every 2 weeks now so they'll catch up soon.  There's something new to do almost every week in GW 2 and also you can go back and play any lower level zones at high level and still get lvl appropriate drops so essential all content is endgame in GW 2.  If I were to choose based solely on which one has more things to do at max lvl I'd go with GW 2.  
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Rift probably has more endgame solo content over all, but GW 2 is adding new content every 2 weeks now so they'll catch up soon.  There's something new to do almost every week in GW 2 and also you can go back and play any lower level zones at high level and still get lvl appropriate drops so essential all content is endgame in GW 2.  If I were to choose based solely on which one has more things to do at max lvl I'd go with GW 2.  

For every piece of content guild wars 2 puts in you must count a piece of content they take out ; )

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,925Member Uncommon
    Rift hands down... its all up to your mindset though. Do you need to do 'meaningful' stuff if a game involves progression? If so then GW2 will probably FEEL like more since you will be fixating on only certain features of Rift. If not, Rift has a lot more, though its partly due to it being released before GW2 giving it a good advantage, combined by Trions heavy focus on big updates.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Harrisburg, PAPosts: 301Member
    Between the two, I would personally pick Rift.  It has alot more fluff and things to do then GW2 does.  Just my .02c

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Orlando, FLPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    If you are looking for meaningful progression, then definitely Rift. If you just want to log on and grind some stuff and then grind some more stuff for only cosmetics then GW2 is for you.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon
    If you are not burned out on typical quest hubs, trinity, and gear grinding raid treadmill yet, then Rift all the way.  If you want something that breaks the mold from most of the themeparks since EQ2/WoW, then GW2.  Either way since you have both games, when you get tired of one simply go to the other.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

I have both, but can't play them till next month. And at that time, I'll be putting money into only one. Just wondering which has more endgame solo content.

GW2 has the living story (which is rather awesome and best feature in the game)

RIFT has collections (I like them quite a bit)

GW2 has the dynamic events, so does RIFT (and out of the dynamic events, I like RIFTs events far more)

RIFT has housing (best feature :D)

GW2 has lots of achievements to do, think RIFT has some but I don't think as many? (I prefer GW2 achievements though, they reward you.)

GW2 has dailies, not sure if RIFT does (personally love dailies, the more the better)

GW2 has a huge world to explore (but feels REALLY empty later on, at least mid level zones), RIFT world is tiny (and the cities are horrible, but there is always people around)

GW2 will be updated every 2 weeks (awesome), RIFT updates like once a month I believe with a rather large/huge update (so about even for me)

And that is just my experience with the two. However due to events, I only have time and can only play one MMO and it is out of these two. House arrest sucks, but at least I was able to choose one MMO to play. So I have stuff to do. (dont drink and drive and drive off if you hit someone, you'll get caught)

so anyway...if you only were able to put money and could ONLY play one of these two MMOs. what would you choose? I listed all the pros/cons that I personally saw in GW2/RIFT. I like both a lot for different reasons, GW2 for the living story and the world (even if its empty of players out of the endgame and beginner area) and RIFT for the dynamic events (that feel far more dynamic to me than in GW2) and housing system.

Thanks for any help :)

You have GW2 already?

If yes, play both these "free" games, and put you cash money into a third "pay" game.

MOAR is always better

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by rodingo
    If you are not burned out on typical quest hubs, trinity, and gear grinding raid treadmill yet, then Rift all the way.  If you want something that breaks the mold from most of the themeparks since EQ2/WoW, then GW2.  Either way since you have both games, when you get tired of one simply go to the other.

That is not what he asked. 

OP for end game solo content Rift is your best choice. It has lot more content and unlike GW2 if you come after a month or two you won't miss anything. GW2 adds a lot of content but it is temporary.

So yeah go with Rift.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney