Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

For the people who think 4K resolution is a good thing for gaming, etc...

HrimnirHrimnir Qeynos, COPosts: 2,203Member Rare

I literally can't stop chuckling at this.

So, Metro 2033 at max settings, 3840x2160 resolution required 4, count it, 4 Titans in order to breach 60fps.

What is a very respectable single card, still a $280 card mind you, the 660ti, did 5.7 FPS.

Yeah, methinks 4k gaming wont be realistically happening for at least 5 more years.

http://anandtech.com/show/7120/some-quick-gaming-numbers-at-4k-max-settings

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member
    I could tell you that the moment they introduced the ultra tv screens with 4k resolution.
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Posts: 679Member Uncommon
    It's like "retina screens". Do I see a difference between retina and plasma/led/lcd? Sure. Big enough difference to be worth the expense? Nope.

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,426Member Uncommon
    It would be a good thing for gaming if it worked. That being said, I haven't seen anyone actually claim they'll start playing in 4K anytime soon.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member

My Tianhe-2 supercomputer is the fastest in the world at 33.86 petaflops. Can run 4k easly:P

• SignexSignex NetherlandsPosts: 105Member Uncommon

I think 1440p is good enough for gaming for now.