Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: More Beta Impressions

2»

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by decoyninja
    pretty funny. someone who hates alts getting into the game's alting system.  It really does fool you into alting and loving to alt. Hiding it by letting you stay on one character. 

Yeeeeeah, really stretching the definitions here aren't we...lol.

The biggest downside of alting removed... no fooling necessary. Just removing the shitty part of the concept from existence. The reason why it is hated in the first place.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    When is the open beta?
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Khebeln
    All i can say, cant wait till next beta weekend ;)

Wish I could find out how to get into one of those Beta weekends. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• LadyAsh1LadyAsh1 Member Posts: 8
    I was accepted into the beta, but regretfully, I could not play. I"m in a different country right now, and my internet is shit. :(  I also couldn't figure out the "key" thing they wanted. I assume they wanted a code, like the keys on WOW, but I never set one up. I"m not sure why it was activated on my account. :( Odd
  • dogazoodogazoo Member Posts: 13

Having played the last CBT weekends I think this game is not worth for  B2P and P2P. This game is no way better than War-Hammer that launched about 10 years ago.

Besides, city maps got no sense of directions, the streets are too narrow. Quests are boring and FATE is borrowed idea.

Cut scenes and quests information are lengthly and there's no options to bypass them.

As someone who played MMO for almost 15 years I don't really give a damn about the story line or wall of texts. I only wanted to skip the craps so that I can digest the game quicker at the end stages.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by dogazoo

Having played the last CBT weekends I think this game is not worth for  B2P and P2P. This game is no way better than War-Hammer that launched about 10 years ago.

Besides, city maps got no sense of directions, the streets are too narrow. Quests are boring and FATE is borrowed idea.

Cut scenes and quests information are lengthly and there's no options to bypass them.

As someone who played MMO for almost 15 years I don't really give a damn about the story line or wall of texts. I only wanted to skip the craps so that I can digest the game quicker at the end stages.

This is most definitely not the game for you.  FF games are always about story, I'm surprised you didn't know that going into the game. 

Also, since you are just an endgame rusher, something many consider to be the problem in the genre today, well again, wrong game for you and possibly even wrong genre.  But hey, WoW is still thriving and has that endgame only aspect you seek.  Not sure what you mean by War-Hammer launching 10 years ago as it launched in 2008 and that's only 5 years ago.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I have never found a game with just PVE that could continue to hold my attention.It must have faction conflict.Given the game has the promise of that with FRONTLINE faction conflict....I am interested in the game.

I would really appreciate anyone who has a spare north america pc key giving me a chance t see what this game is all about and help make it better.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    I love this game. Really, really hoping I can plug a USB keyboard into my PS3 for typing though. I love the controller setup, and the game looks and runs great on PS3.

Allow me to introduce you to my little friend:

Logitech Netplay Controller

If you can find one of these bad boys, it is THE best solution of playing MMO's on a console, IMHO. We own like 5 of them...just in case :-) See, they don't make them anymore, so it can be harder to find....its called the Logitech Netplay Controller. It was for the PS2 and we first used it for FFXI. it is basically a oversized PS2 controller with a laptop keyboard sandwiched in between it.

I know it looks nuts, but it's the best thing ever. The bottom is curved to conform to your legs and the ends are really comfy to hold...and the thing rests on your lap while playing on the couch and you can totally take both hands off the sides to type quickly. It has all of hte buttons of a PS2 controller (no Six-Axis)

Netplay

There are two connections total, one for the PS2 and another a usb for the keyboard. If you find one, you will need a PS2 to USB adapter...which you can find on ebay for literally 2 or 3 bucks.

Hope this helps, Enjoy!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Murugan
    Originally posted by SBFord

Over the past weekend, the final beta phase of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn took place and we managed to slide into the game to learn more about it. In this exclusive look, we offer more impressions of the beta overall and the game itself. Check out our thoughts and then tell us about your impressions of the game in the comments.

Share this image

Last weekend wasn't the final phase of beta.

Phase 3 (which we will be in the 4th test window of, beginning on the 5th at 2 am PST) is still ongoing, it is also not the last phase.  Phase 4 is the last phase of beta.

This is correct. Last weekend was not the final phase of beta. In fact it is no where near it unfortunately.  The game is still in beta phase 3. This weekend is a phase 3 weekend. It kicks off at 2m PDT July 5th. Unlike previous weekends this one has no hard end date because they want to stress test the duty system and need to leave them up longer to see if they crash. I believe this is the final phase 3 test.

After this test concludes we will see phase 4 and open beta kick off possibly in late July but more than likely early August. Also head start will begin on August 20th.

Hope that clears it up and sorry for any confusion we caused.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by dogazoo

2008 was 10 years ago, eh? So 2008 subtracted from 2013 now equals 10? Damn, when did math up and change like that?

Per your description of how you play, you sound like someone who's simply too impatient to enjoy ARR, or most any other MMO for that matter. ARR may not be worth the fee for you - and that's fine, it's your prerogative; no game will be for everyone.

I hope you find a MMO that thoroughly satisfies your playstyle :)

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    If their smart they'll bring that controller back for PS3/4 since  MMOs are slowly going to become more of a console genre too.
  • Sidius1955Sidius1955 Member Posts: 1

I bought the original release (Collectors Ed) of FFXIV and left the game shortly after the initial launch. Since hear about the re-launch I have been eager to try the new released version of the game. Alas try to contact Square to talk to someone to answer a few question is not possible. I tried submitting a ticket and did not really get a response. There is no way I will shell out the cost of a new game to play this. It is like all the people that went and bought the game when it first came out or out of luck. No notifications of the new game with the possibility of playing the Betas or anything. 

It would be nice if a column was done at MMORPG that would deal with this issue. There were a lot of people that bought the game when it first came out and it seems like we are being ignored.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Sidius1955

I bought the original release (Collectors Ed) of FFXIV and left the game shortly after the initial launch. Since hear about the re-launch I have been eager to try the new released version of the game. Alas try to contact Square to talk to someone to answer a few question is not possible. I tried submitting a ticket and did not really get a response. There is no way I will shell out the cost of a new game to play this. It is like all the people that went and bought the game when it first came out or out of luck. No notifications of the new game with the possibility of playing the Betas or anything. 

It would be nice if a column was done at MMORPG that would deal with this issue. There were a lot of people that bought the game when it first came out and it seems like we are being ignored.

You have to reactivate your original account. Then you get beta access & 2.0 for the price of free.

• emperionemperion Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Sidius1955

I have a link here that may help you out. :-)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

"Whats That Mr. Death Knocking At Your Door, Who's Gonna Die Tonight?"

• BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    I received a Beta key but its not working. It says my region must match my Region for my Enix account. Im in the US, is that why it is saying it is not applicable? wth?
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235

Nice Tweaks and Changes up thru Phase 3 of Beta.  Can't wait for Open Beta in Phase 4.  Haven't been this excited about a MMO in quite some time.

From one of my FC buddies playing it on the PS3 - He Highly recommended a USB keyboard for chatting but he was loving the PS3 Experience.

• LadyAsh1LadyAsh1 Member Posts: 8

I'm pretty sure that the Playstation 3 support USB keyboards. I think they have to be wired though. I work gaming retail and I know that at one point and time Logitech actually made a keyboard/mouse for the PS3 specifically. Actually here. I'm helpful today. :D

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-3-Cordless-MediaBoard-Pro/dp/B000W5RBQE