Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

subscriber reward coming in july

back in a recent q&a this was said:

http://torwars.com/2013/06/10/swtor-livestream-event-coverage/

Subscribers – One of biggest concerns of Subscribers has been feeling undervalued and Jeff addresses these feelings. He says that it’s “super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.

and today this was posted:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6494532#edit6494532

Subscriber Appreciation Details? | 07.01.2013, 10:31 AM
Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by gaou

Subscribers – One of biggest concerns of Subscribers has been feeling undervalued and Jeff addresses these feelings. He says that it’s “super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

this guys really dont know how to run a hybrid model mmo properly. Look at TERA and now Rift. Free to play players have next to no limitations (except for inventory and bank space and perhaps exp gain). While subscribers get all the extra rewards for being a subscriber to entice freebies to sub. And the remainder of the freebies have tons of cool stuff on the cash shop to also entice them to spend money there. The people behind these two games are showing they are way smarter than the guys running Swtor right now, and its paying off because they clearly are making their profit and keeping players happy. Swtor isnt.

You want to add subscribers extra rewards? thats perfect! now remove more limitations to the free guys so they arent forced to subscribe or walk away (specially the vast majority who purchased the game). Learn from the guys who do it right and profit from it.

Swtor is one of those mmos i always feel i want to come back, then i see all the crap i have to deal with as a free player (i purchased the digital deluxe before launch) and i log out and never look back. Game is always installed and updated on my pc waiting for that moment when EAware show they really want my money. Its clear they dont want my money... and many others.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

no,, they want your Money

they just havent found a way to get it yet

and, considering the Cash flow they had at launch,,what good would more Money do the game?

2.5 mio sold boxes and 2 mio subs didnt help back then

what good would a few subs do now?

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32

I think Rojo has it down.  If EAware wants a successful game they shouldn't need to keep separating the differences between subs and free players.  Free players already get the best part of the game, which subs noticed when they unsubbed.   But then, the restrictions really kill the motivation for free players to "want" to log on, even before they spend money.

Since everything can be purchased from the GTN, except the credit cap + max chars to any degree, there isn't really a huge drive to subscribe in the first place.  So Star Wars fans who want to play the game will go to free, and new free players will get turned away.  What an awful mix.  This doesn't mean all players, when making these generalizations, but enough to tip the balance.

I would think that the perks coming up for subscribing would be immense, but given EAwares track record, I don't think so.  Maybe a new title and some variations of stuff already on the Cartel Market cash shop.  A blonde Ewok?  A speeder with green stripes?  An achievement?  meh?

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Subscribers should get 2x XP as long as they have an active sub.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well I got 500 cartel coins as my gift , considering i didn't mind the so called cartel patch a few weeks ago , then I think it's a very nice gift.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Hey folks,

-eric

this guys really dont know how to run a hybrid model mmo properly. Look at TERA and now Rift. Free to play players have next to no limitations (except for inventory and bank space and perhaps exp gain). While subscribers get all the extra rewards for being a subscriber to entice freebies to sub. And the remainder of the freebies have tons of cool stuff on the cash shop to also entice them to spend money there. The people behind these two games are showing they are way smarter than the guys running Swtor right now, and its paying off because they clearly are making their profit and keeping players happy. Swtor isnt.

You want to add subscribers extra rewards? thats perfect! now remove more limitations to the free guys so they arent forced to subscribe or walk away (specially the vast majority who purchased the game). Learn from the guys who do it right and profit from it.

Swtor is one of those mmos i always feel i want to come back, then i see all the crap i have to deal with as a free player (i purchased the digital deluxe before launch) and i log out and never look back. Game is always installed and updated on my pc waiting for that moment when EAware show they really want my money. Its clear they dont want my money... and many others.

I will add Funcom to the list with AOC.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32

500 CC one time subscriber appreciation bonus, amounting to something like what, $3 ?

Is this a late April Fools joke?  It's like telling people you are going to get them a nice Christmas gift this year, then when the time comes, you give them a $3 Gift card that can only be used in an upscale overpriced mall outlet store, where even the tag costs more than $3.

Sad to say, but the fireworks were more exciting, because they were constantly going off all day, as people logged in.

ps - don't laugh and cry at the same time - you'll get hiccups.

src:

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

This special item for 10 coins was later revealed to be a useless title.. 'ho boy.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Subscribers should get 2x XP as long as they have an active sub.

/lick

I would support this :)

Driz

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Hey folks,

-eric

"they clearly are making their profit and keeping players happy. Swtor isnt."

Assume you have a source for this claim? Besides the 5% of the player base that use the forums and the subsequent even smaller percentage that are actually unhappy as opposed to trolling?

Its interesting that when SWTOR has to move to a F2P it means it failed. When other games like Rift are forced to move to a F2P hybrid model its the best thing since sliced bread....

Then again, that is these forums all over tbh lol :)

Driz

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yup..a game doesnt go F2P, or P2W if it isnt necessary

but rift and tera are both low budget, no-name products, compared to swtor

and furthermore,,the way EA is handling this game is a disaster

if we gave them pandaland, they would make it a ghosttown in weeks