Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Bazaar of the Four Winds Revealed, Coming July 9th

2»

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by botrytis

I dont feel they are underperforming. In GW1 - we got Sorrow's Furnace 6 months out then we got Factions 6 months after that. People who say that they are currently putting out 'the same content' each patch should look at Factions - it is basically the same or similar content but just 2 new professions.....

They are pushing content out in GW2 and it seems they are trying to build on the story. I would hope we do get a chance to go to the Crystal Desert and see what it looks like there, since Glint is dead now. It would be a neat jaunt.

I strongly disagree with you on that red quote. Factions made a huge change in game mechanics in GW, they brought the henches & also the posibility to have PvP between the 2 factions Kurzicks & Luxon allowing players to conquer parts of the World Map. Have you really played Factions? o.O

Other than that,i agree GW2 is doing a great job on updates!

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

OK, seriously, I just started doing these aether pirates, too much content and another content patch coming in a week?

Nice :)
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

YEAH ANET, rewarding for effort not RNG, GOOD MOVE

PS: ARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINS...

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478
    This is just insane. How are they keeping up with this?
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    They have 4 independent teams that work on updates (1 team is response for one update)
  • MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

I would have to guess that the reason for temporary content is to avoid game bloat as much as possible. Think about any game that has been out for 2 or more years and all of the zones/content that literally never gets used or only a few people with alts roll through the content every now and again.  By keeping the content temporary it helps to keep the player base a bit more focused and together into a couple of areas and avoid the middle of the desert feeling.

I think this is probably the right way to go, I have not played GW2 in a long while so I cant say for sure one way or another, however, in my mind it seems to be a good thing overall.

Reading the text above it seems that some of the content will be temporary and some will be permanent - so a good mix.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    this going to be permanent or am i going to not be able to play this either?

There are two MAJOR things from this post:

1. There will MEATY (waits to be seen) updates every 2 weeks

2. They are switching to more PERMANENT updates.

Can't wait til the 9th and beyond.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    And I would like "abridged" versions of temporary dungeons added as fractals :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Vorch
    And I would like "abridged" versions of temporary dungeons added as fractals :)

I remember Colin stating that would happen.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

OK, seriously, I just started doing these aether pirates, too much content and another content patch coming in a week?

Nice :)

Better everyone get used to bi-weekly patchs. They come to stay. 

Yes, I like the idea.

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

GW2 - Most anticipated title for me ever..... lasted me 3 months tops. 

Maybe be the time for you return to play GW2... a lot of new things since last january.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

It does seem like its just more collecting to do.

Always nice to see more PvP stuff added though.

Account wide achievements are nice.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

The tears of the haters are DELICIOUS!

The game is doing great and they just can't stand themselves.

If only this were true lol.  Haters have no problem with the game doing well.  I'm happy it's doing well.  However, it doesn't mean they did not fail epically on several accounts.  Mainly PvP.  I've actually heard very little if any dissent on that point either.  Also, the PvE content is so shallow it's no wonder it only takes 2 weeks to put out.   I can't believe any of the folks left at ANet actually worked on GW1 because besides the art style and using the same lore there's not a trace of GW in the game.

are you sure you are happy that the game is doing exceptionally well?

Delicious tears. A little bit salty but delicious indeed.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I wish that they would modify areas that were in the game at launch rather than creating new areas every single month... it is hard enough to find even one other person an area sometimes.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

YEAH ANET, rewarding for effort not RNG, GOOD MOVE

PS: ARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINSARMOR SKINS...

i agree i would love to see more reward variety. But whats there already is much better than garbage RNG. Im not a stupid person, i dont need  an RNG system to make me believe i am working hard for a reward just because i have to repeat content a bagillion times to see if i get the lucky dice number.

Originally posted by stayBlind
    I wish that they would modify areas that were in the game at launch rather than creating new areas every single month... it is hard enough to find even one other person an area sometimes.

this video (which is also on this same forums already) should address your concern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6GK3bxGuk#at=14

they will definitelly work on existing content, not only new stuff.