Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to make new friends

I'm looking to make some new friends that also enjoy DFUW and games like it. I've played DFUW for a month, very casually, and have around 8k prowess. Willing to put more time into the game if I find some people, or another person, that wants to play together.

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Found this in steam forum.  If you have a steam account post up http://steamcommunity.com/app/227400/discussions/0/846957366797469172/

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Just apply to several of the larger clans.

You need a clan in this game, and with it comes friends, voice chat, and long term goals and motives.

its an absolute must in this game.

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

Not really much point in finding a pre friend before playing just like the poster above said.

In fact, the game has a learning curve and at least for me I had to run around figuring stuff out myself in the safe zones with the guidance of a larger clan. By the time you are ready to leave you will have lots of friends.....Having someone, trying to play together would be a pain in the butt trying to keep together.

Add other factors like your class may need leather, where your friend may need to harvest iron ore.  Just one example.

Darkfall is nothing like WoW !

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

My advise is solo until you are 5k prowess.  There is a lot of learning to do before you want to increase the complexity b becoming a friend with 50 other people.  Also all the clans have different object/history.  You probably want to learn about the clan, see what assets they have, how much membership you have to pay before you join a clan. Unlike wow or GW2 people normally don't swap clan unless there is a very valid reason. 

The game community is small and close knit.  If anyone screw another player (scam them etc) they get blacklisted quickly and they will have a very miserable life. Unlike wow your action in the game good and bad are notices.  

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?64-NA1-Clan-Recruiting

Also look for Old Timers Guild in-game.  They seem to be new player friendly.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.