Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If all MMO die tomorrow, will you ....

13»

Comments

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i would be like "aww... gw2.... ooh! skyrim!"
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Whatever, MMOs would be back eventually anyways. The idea of a real computer roleplaying game with many players are just to sweet to close down forever.

In fact might rebooting the genre with some new fresh ideas instead of just copying a few games (M59, UO, EQ, Wow) be the best thing for it. Some dedicated pen and paper RPGers trying to turn their favorite game into a computer game like the first time instead of some greedy publisher eyeballing Wow and wanting in on the money.

MMOs have a giant potential and most of it is really still untapped, there are zillions of good pen and paper systems that would make amazing MMOs besides D&D (Shadowrun, R.IF.T.S, Call of Cthulu, Rolemaster, Runequest, Warhammer fantasy RPG (with the real mechanics instead of a mix between Wow and DaoC), Cyberpunk, ARS magica and many more.

When you play P&P you rarely do loads of boring sidequests, with a good GM every time you play is epic adventures. Leveling up and even getting loot are rarely priorities there. And someone will get it just right sooner or later, maybe CCP with WoDO or maybe some kickstarter but it will happen sooner or later and I will be there to play it. :D

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well, it is kind of like it has happened atm, with the difference that I know of upcoming projects, where if they were officially dead and no more are being made you would not have that.

I would say people would not move on to other games, as people that play mmos probably as a majority are already playing other games....So it is not that they moved on.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Loke666

MMOs have a giant potential and most of it is really still untapped, there are zillions of good pen and paper systems that would make amazing MMOs besides D&D (Shadowrun, R.IF.T.S, Call of Cthulu, Rolemaster, Runequest, Warhammer fantasy RPG (with the real mechanics instead of a mix between Wow and DaoC), Cyberpunk, ARS magica and many more.

When you play P&P you rarely do loads of boring sidequests, with a good GM every time you play is epic adventures. Leveling up and even getting loot are rarely priorities there. And someone will get it just right sooner or later, maybe CCP with WoDO or maybe some kickstarter but it will happen sooner or later and I will be there to play it. :D

P&P RPG is never massive. I remember playing with some friends, not 1000 strangers.

P&P RPG is more suited to be made into small group co-op online RPG, not MMOs.