Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asmodian Incentives, a thought from a CE pre order owner

CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

So I notice this article on massively

Having been around since launch, the population balance between Asmodian and Elyos was largely in favor of the Asmodians.   On some servers, the Asmodians we're largely overpopulated.

Fast forward to now and I was shocked to hear that the Asmodians are so under populated on some servers that they need incentives for sake of game balance out.

Does anyone else wonder if there is a connection between the 'dark and evil' side (although I know some people would like to beat me with a bag of oranges for callings Asmos evil) and the (for lack of a better way of putting it) 'fairweatheredness' of those inclinced to choose said dark alignment.

Furthermore I can't help but wonder if SWTOR will potentially have the same issue in due time.  At launch, the sith population was far exceeding that of the republic and it'd be interesting to see if, over time that dwindles like Aion.  It'd be interesting for there to be an actual connection between choosing the 'dark' alliance in a game and such correlating traits to real life.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Not sure but possible.

When the game was in beta I was only interested in the Elyos. However, friends wanted to play Asmo so I went there.

I'm actually somewhat attached to my asmo now but I really never liked the "claws" design.

Now that my friends are no longer playing I started up an Elyos as was my frist intention. Persoanlly I like the "lightness" and their city better.

Having said that, I"m sort of missing the Asmo armor/robe designs (espeically my dragon robes on my sorcerer) as the Elyos designs seem a bit ridiculous.

What they need to do is really use the Balaur the way they were suppoed to be used and have them even out the conflict a bit better.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Cavod

So I notice this article on massively

Having been around since launch, the population balance between Asmodian and Elyos was largely in favor of the Asmodians.   On some servers, the Asmodians we're largely overpopulated.

Fast forward to now and I was shocked to hear that the Asmodians are so under populated on some servers that they need incentives for sake of game balance out.

Does anyone else wonder if there is a connection between the 'dark and evil' side (although I know some people would like to beat me with a bag of oranges for callings Asmos evil) and the (for lack of a better way of putting it) 'fairweatheredness' of those inclinced to choose said dark alignment.

Furthermore I can't help but wonder if SWTOR will potentially have the same issue in due time.  At launch, the sith population was far exceeding that of the republic and it'd be interesting to see if, over time that dwindles like Aion.  It'd be interesting for there to be an actual connection between choosing the 'dark' alliance in a game and such correlating traits to real life.

This is such an interesting question!  I remember when I first played WoW at launch, I did NOT want to play the "dark and evil" horde, but at the time it appeared all the guilds/groups/people "serious" about WoW went horde.    Then again, WoW was built on the Warcraft(s) so people may have always wanted to play an Orc regardless.

Personally, I like the looks and lore behind the Asmos a bit better.

I read there is/was a new patch to Aion and I am installing now. =)  Now you got me wanting to try an shiny, blonde Elyos!

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -