Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some MMORPG suggestions

Looking for a new one to play.  Think I've tried them all but might have missed a couple.  Been recently playing Rift, but just can't get into it.  Get to around level 20 and get bored.

Have also tried AoC and LotRO recently as well.

Just wondering what a lot of you guys and gals are playing these days.  And maybe see how some older MMOs that I've played but haven't checked out in a while are doing.

Comments

• Hmm, wonder how EQ2 is doing now a days.  Haven't played in a few years.
  • Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80

EQ2 is still really popular, and with EQ Next in devo, alot of people are returning

Almost any question you ask here, you will get EQ2 as a suggestion

"Whats the best housing?"

"EQ2"

"Best RP game?"

"EQ2"

"How do you cook a 3 layer cake?

"EQ2"

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Try Vindictus if you are looking for something "different." 
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Secret World for something different IMO, if you haven't played it yet.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Currently playing DCUO and loving it.  GW2 is worth a play through if you haven't already.  Tons of MMOs to choose from nowadays though.  Even playing through at least one story on SWTOR is worth it in my opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i have been playing WoW and Rift recently, but today i decided to give EQ2 another try (i dont play EQ2 mainly because of the horrible engine) and i just found out that specifically in MMOs i prefer colorful (cartoonish) graphic visuals like WoW and EQ2 and not visuals that try to be realistic like Rift, AoC, TSW. After logging out of EQ2 today i went to Rift and just didnt feel it. SO yeah those are my recommendations, WoW and EQ2.

Oh and GW2 which is also fantastic if you dont care about end game raids (like me).

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

You may wish to try Istaria:Chronicles of the Gifted.

Possibly the best multi-classing: you may take every combat school (and there are many of them). You may take each crafting school. Ultimately, you may become top-level person.

One of the best combinations of f2p/p2p. As a free player, you are restricted to race (only Human) and land (cannot buy/own it).All other stuff is open to you. All regions, all schools, all stuff: not a slightiest requirement of donations/purchasing.

Races. Your possibility to become a mighty Dragon and fight your way from little Hatchling to Adult (only Adults know the secret of flying) and later - to a powerfull Ancient Dragon. Spectacular Ascension ceremonies involving using Phylactery of Shadows. Typically it is a celebrated events: friends gather, gratulate Dragon,. launch fireworks to the sky and fellow-Dragons roam the sky. So far I have heared of none other game that allows you to be the Dragon. Did I mention Dragon has to hoard anything valuable for a special, devastating attacks?

Player towns. While Istaria has no housing, player structures tend to act as heaven for crafters: you may pick a plot near good crafting location, start crafting structures and structures for storing stuff. At the other hand - you may want a secluded plot full of fountaints and trees. Or structures to store stuff: one my colleague built just this type of town. However, one subscription - one plot.

Player-driven economy. No cash store and only very basic stuff available from vendors. All other stuff may be sold to NPC shops or kind of auctions (you name the price and NPC tries to sell it).

At the other hand, graphic may seem outdated (some players complain about this). At the later lelvels game may become grindy.

I would reccomend Istaria:just give it a try. You may like it.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I'm enjoying Darkfall: Unholy Wars atm, maybe you should try it out aswell.