Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are some people paid to post here ?

Comments

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I Think so.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by maplestone

Originally posted by StonesDK It's not a popular discussion apparently
    It tends to create discussion-killing paranoia when you're constantly wondering if the person disagreeing with you is doing it because they genuinely disagree or because they have a completely disingenuous motive to create/ruin discussion on certain topics.

Is there an application for this job? I think I can do this.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK! >:O

Only like 200 more till I catch up you you Lizard, but I started back in 2004! You are a beast!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    If anyone wants to start paying me to post, I'll gladly send you my PayPal account name.

Make that two of us.

And I don't think anyone can catch up to Sovrath.

*we're not worthy!*

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Well, technically, if you've ever made a post while you were at your job or place of work,  then technically you were getting paid to post here.

So then yes.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

The internet hasn't been about actual discussions for about a decade now.

Every forum, gaming or not, has turned into a I love it, I hate it argue fest. Every forum has a ton of users that go nuts at any tease, any hype and just go nuts with it.

Go read the forum or article comments on anything that deals with politics. If the story is about something related to Democrats then Republicans will make comments trashing democrats without even reading the article. If the story is about Republicans the Democrats will do the same thing. Look at a tech forum when a new Apple product is announced. The fanboys go insane talking about how it will be the next greatest thing on Earth. The haters go on rants about how much Apple sucks.

People don't discuss things anymore and people don't sit back and critically look at teasers/early info. Instead everyone yells at everyone else and everyone takes a tiny tease and turns it into the most amazing or the most horrible thing ever.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I'm pretty sure every thread created in the LFG subforum is from a paid forum user.

They describe the game they want someone to say and then regular or other paid users fill in the answer they were after.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Possibly, yet if they are I doubt it's those theory-crafting ideas about an upcoming game that has their interest. That's simply a result of no solid information available for a title. I'd say that would also be a waste of time. Overly negative or positive opinions being spread all over on the other hand...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    If anyone wants to start paying me to post, I'll gladly send you my PayPal account name.

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

lol tell that to my girlfriend.

One Friday evening we are sitting on the couch, I'm on her laptop and I'm just making a last post before we commence with "date night". She just happened to look over my shoulder and see my post count. She then asked "are those really all your posts?" all the while assuming her best "marge simpson" face.

needless to say I had to think fast and deflect the conversation. "Hey let's go out to dinner on me!"

I'm so smooth! image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

I could :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

Sorry Sovrath.

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Kyleran

16,871 posts.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Wish I could get paid to post, I would post until the cows came home and I don't even own any cows!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

Sorry Sovrath.

16,871 posts.

lol "wow" Kyerlan surpassed me!

He's so ninja

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by BadSpock Originally posted by Sovrath Originally posted by BadSpock If anyone wants to start paying me to post, I'll gladly send you my PayPal account name.
    Make that two of us.
    And I don't think anyone can catch up to Sovrath. *we're not worthy!*
    I could :P

* mmorpg.com tech * Why did our bandwidth suddenly spike?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

Sorry Sovrath.

16,871 posts.

He's so ninja

Er....not sure I am proud of this "accomplishment"

When does the money start flowing in?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I can't be bought, but I can be rented!   
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The answer is, of course. The real question is who.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

To me it seems that certain games engender an inordinate amount of posts.

EQN at this time would fit that description for me.Yet, though we know practically nothing...there is an unceasing barrage of questions about what players like and don't like and would like to see in this unknown game.

I wouldn't doubt that some companies are responsible for their own hype, Sony with EQN especially.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

They need to be paying all of us, for the constant crowdsourcing and consumer anaylsis they recieve daily from sites like this one and many more.

WE.. THE PEOPLE have more control over our gaming habbits than we realize. Speak with your wallets and your voices will be heard.

As for paid posters, OH yea.. most definately there are some folks around here that show up with their first post totally praising some game, but over my shorter time here (not including lurking) I've seen a steady increase in calling these types of folks out..

Their jutsu is weak as we as a whole; have begun to see through their shills and proxies more easily.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I'm pretty sure every thread created in the LFG subforum is from a paid forum user.

They describe the game they want someone to say and then regular or other paid users fill in the answer they were after.

Some maybe. Others are what I did once. I was tired of the MMOs that were out and I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that would be fun and allow me to kill some time now and then. So I posted the stuff I was looking for. In that case, as I expected, no one had anything that really fit what I wanted so I continued on not playing anything.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Make that two of us.

*we're not worthy!*

Sorry Sovrath.

16,871 posts.

He's so ninja

Er....not sure I am proud of this "accomplishment"

When does the money start flowing in?

I will give you one WeaselBuck for every post henceforth.

Originally posted by Zekiah
    The answer is, of course. The real question is who.

There's only one way to find out for sure...the MacReady way...

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    If there really are as many paid posters here as some people seem to believe, then those companies aren't getting their money's worth.  If any of the paid poster's supervisors are reading this, I am available for half the cost.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Yup. Couldn't possibly by people actually getting excited over something and wanting to post on it.

Totally has to be a conspiracy. No other possible choice. 0.o

Just like all the CU banners during the kickstarter. The banners were supplied for free from the main CU site and posters simply threw it in their sig ... but tons here freaked the fuck out thinking they were paid posters.

The idiocy is deep ... Grab your gumboots!!

You stay sassy!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

when there is money involved there is greed.

enough said

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    There are people who are paid to post, if done here there is no way of knowing. People trust forum posts on product reviews over professional ones as they are unfettered of any organization. So there is less of a chance of getting bias influenced by profit. But that is long past the truth any more. Even if you dont hire someone to post positive reviews on your product, do you think devs dont come here with names not attached to who they are, to read and post comments? Do you think mmorpg.com does not know where their bread is buttered? Nothing wrong with any of this but it does come down to dont trust anyone. A faceless name on a forum? Even less, you can start with me... maybe everything I just said was a lie! (((evil grin)))
This discussion has been closed.