Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Combat style you wish to see in EQN?

12346»

Comments

• nothuman24nothuman24 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by G.I.T.M
    Originally posted by Trudge34

I'd prefer the combat take a back seat in favor of the rest of the game basically. I'd like a slower paced, more tactical combat without 70 skills on 7 hotbars to juggle. I liked EQ1 combat as a tank, more about positioning, controlling aggro, adds and push than button mashing. I don't think I've seen an MMO still that's had that push mechanic you had to watch out for or you'd push it right into another patch of mobs.

Just something where I don't feel like I'd die if I need to type a quick instruction to my group.

I voted other, and this is it.

I concur. My frontal lobe needs exercising

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Surely as PS2 shows the combat has the potential for avatars to be fast moving and hit locations on the body and rag-doll physics with LoS magic and ballistics, and given this is EQ - NEXT ie to be truly NEXT GEN the combat itself has to be NEXT GEN but also MMO ?

Given it's F2P, I'd assume actiony combat will be higher chance as this will hook a player used to the boring old mmo combat faster and more convincingly - I mean it will be apparent this is a step up? And plain new and more fun? The good vibes people have said of such games as Mount & Blade and that other recent one with Knights hacking each other up.

Big chance for Sony to come out with a game changer especially if they have not wasted money on crafted content like too many themepark mmos and have got rad combat instead??