Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Mid Level gameplay and overall impressions video

kaz350kaz350 round rock, TXPosts: 58Member Uncommon

A ton of gameplay videos have popped online since Rift went free to play but most of them only show low level gameplay.

Soo I put together a video showing some level 37 gameplay in the dungeon King's Breach from a brand new free to play player :)

Hope you enjoy.

Comments

• AroukosAroukos AthensPosts: 571Member

game shines best at 50+, when you enter the Storm Legion expansion world. its a whole new game and experience.

i always liked RIFT, but Storm Legion its a blast, compared with the original RIFT. i just love it

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Amory, MSPosts: 2,550Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    game shines best at 50+, when you enter the Storm Legion expansion world. its a whole new game and experience. i always liked RIFT, but Storm Legion its a blast, compared with the original RIFT. i just love it

That's strange because I find Storm Legion to be a massive step backwards for the MMO genre.  It's aesthetically pleasing, but the quest mechanics are heavily grind-based and it takes far to level up, especially given that the quest content itself isn't particularly compelling.  

• kaz350kaz350 round rock, TXPosts: 58Member Uncommon
    game shines best at 50+, when you enter the Storm Legion expansion world. its a whole new game and experience. i always liked RIFT, but Storm Legion its a blast, compared with the original RIFT. i just love it

I cant wait to try it out, but im trying to slow down lol.

I think I outleveled my fellow free to play crowd....I think the majority of them are still in Gloamwood and I'm hanging out in Moonshade Highlands ....all alone...all alone :(

• AdrenAdren Blythewood, SCPosts: 70Member
    yea the 1-50 content was always boring to me...so i rushed it lol took me 1 day and 10hrs  to get from 1-50 (possible with 80% experience pot) ..im now 51...taking my time with the rest of the game..cuz i tried to rush my first char to 60 and got really bored...DONT RUSH 50-60 PEOPLE ENJOY IT
  • ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 780Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

That's strange because I find Storm Legion to be a massive step backwards for the MMO genre.  It's aesthetically pleasing, but the quest mechanics are heavily grind-based and it takes far to level up, especially given that the quest content itself isn't particularly compelling.  

I agree, too. Old world was fun to explore, didn't feel grinds at all, but SL is killing with grind. 

• nickster29nickster29 Holmen, WIPosts: 486Member

I actually enjoyed the slower leveling 50-60.  It gave me a lot more time to gather mats and level crafts, make plenty of plat, and get quite a bit of notoriety (rep) with several factions to cut down on the amount of rep grind I have at 60.

All in all, Rift is still my current favorite themepark MMO.  That may change with FFXIV or EQN (which will be a sandbox / hybrid from what I understand).

• flizzerflizzer Manchester, NHPosts: 2,015Member Rare
    Nice video. Thanks for sharing.  I remember trying Rift during a Steam sale.  Solid game.  Playing so many other games at this point however, so not sure I'll be coming back. But I urge anyone remotely interested in themepark type  games to give this one a try.  It is one of the best.