Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you will get this on PS4 instead of PC or both?

Comments

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp
    Originally posted by ucidaitaci
    Originally posted by previn
    I can hear the screaming already, as the PS4 phanboies get their butts whooped in EQN by the mouse/keyboard users. Oh, how I can almost hear the nerf cries for this crowd.

Yes because MMORPG players who are used to standing in one spot bashing a monster over and over again by hitting f1-f4 80 times are obviously going to have the advantage over a group of players who play CoD and Battlefield most of their lives in twitch gaming.

As if MMORPG players never played Battlefield or CoD and vice versa.

I thought most MMO players dont like PVP. Arent they too busy decorating their house and collecting appearence items to play such rubbish?

Besides, killing another player is more of a measure of the winning players competitiveness. The vast majority of MMO players couldnt handle an average Tuesday night in a rather mundane Xbox live lobby if they cant even handle PVP in their own back yard FFS.

Most PC MMOs have PvP and its a rare thing to find a PC MMO that dose not have PvP or often its the focus. I find the chatter on consoles to be more a tornado of kids slinging unneeded insults. I find PC gamers tend to have a more mature group as you need to be able to afford a PC to game that costs more. Most kids do not have that kinda cash. Where every kiddy has their parent buy them the best baby sitting tool for $250 to 399, you next gen console. Not only is a PC better equipped to play a full MMO but I find there is a more mature group playing PC. Only MMO I would play on a console is a FPS model.

I found it is a generally accepted fact that most MMO players arent the slightest bit interested in PVP, so the point about it being included in MMO's is moot. Only a select handful of players will ever participate in it. Those who play FPS are already accustomed to PVP by the very nature of the games they play, there is little reason to play a FPS outside of competing with other players. This offers no advantage to the MMO crowd when it comes to PVP. If anything the hardened veterans of FPS games will not give two shits if they're ganked, since they're quite used to dying...a lot. And wont come on the forums and cry about it everytime they're owned like MMO players are prone to do. They'll simply rage for a bit and find a way to kill you. There's little evidence to suggest they would simply "up and quit" like the standard MMO stock.

Age has little to do with it either, a kid with no money is just as likely to have access to a PC as he is to have his parents buy a console for him. This is an age old talking point for PC gamers that holds little or no logic behind it.

One only has to look at the behavior of the general populace of any PC MMO to see that any attempt claiming the players there to be a mature is laughable.

I also find through experience that the worst offenders of smack talk on consoles are 18+, this is even easier to tell on consoles where voice chat is always public whereas on MMO its often impossible to distinguish the age of a player.

In short, I dont find anything in your post that correctly argues the point.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I can hear the screaming already, as the PS4 phanboies get their butts whooped in EQN by the mouse/keyboard users. Oh, how I can almost hear the nerf cries for this crowd.

Yes because MMORPG players who are used to standing in one spot bashing a monster over and over again by hitting f1-f4 80 times are obviously going to have the advantage over a group of players who play CoD and Battlefield most of their lives in twitch gaming.

I thought most MMO players dont like PVP. Arent they too busy decorating their house and collecting appearence items to play such rubbish?

Besides, killing another player is more of a measure of the winning players competitiveness. The vast majority of MMO players couldnt handle an average Tuesday night in a rather mundane Xbox live lobby if they cant even handle PVP in their own back yard FFS.

Most PC MMOs have PvP and its a rare thing to find a PC MMO that dose not have PvP or often its the focus. I find the chatter on consoles to be more a tornado of kids slinging unneeded insults. I find PC gamers tend to have a more mature group as you need to be able to afford a PC to game that costs more. Most kids do not have that kinda cash. Where every kiddy has their parent buy them the best baby sitting tool for $250 to 399, you next gen console. Not only is a PC better equipped to play a full MMO but I find there is a more mature group playing PC. Only MMO I would play on a console is a FPS model.

I found it is a generally accepted fact that most MMO players arent the slightest bit interested in PVP, so the point about it being included in MMO's is moot. Only a select handful of players will ever participate in it. Those who play FPS are already accustomed to PVP by the very nature of the games they play, there is little reason to play a FPS outside of competing with other players. This offers no advantage to the MMO crowd when it comes to PVP. If anything the hardened veterans of FPS games will not give two shits if they're ganked, since they're quite used to dying...a lot. And wont come on the forums and cry about it everytime they're owned like MMO players are prone to do. They'll simply rage for a bit and find a way to kill you. There's little evidence to suggest they would simply "up and quit" like the standard MMO stock.

Age has little to do with it either, a kid with no money is just as likely to have access to a PC as he is to have his parents buy a console for him. This is an age old talking point for PC gamers that holds little or no logic behind it.

One only has to look at the behavior of the general populace of any PC MMO to see that any attempt claiming the players there to be a mature is laughable.

I also find through experience that the worst offenders of smack talk on consoles are 18+, this is even easier to tell on consoles where voice chat is always public whereas on MMO its often impossible to distinguish the age of a player.

You really have no clue. DAoC, Linage 2, Forge, Warhammer, ESO, SWG, EVE, AA are just a few MMOs all focused on PvP and all only on the PC. Even MMOs like WoW, they best supported servers with the highest populations are PvP servers. You are really misguided or naive of the subject.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Sorry to bust your bubble but everyone who owns a PS4 will own a PC aswell. Maybe not for Gaming reasons but the idea that someone is gonna buy a PS4 and say "well i dont need the internet anymore i got a PS4" is kinda incorrect. There is no reason to go into a console VS PC battle, Simply Because a PC does more.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Really loaded post and poll don't ya think?

You really have no clue. DAoC, Linage 2, Forge, Warhammer, ESO, SWG, EVE, AA are just a few MMOs all focused on PvP and all only on the PC. Even MMOs like WoW, they best supported servers with the highest populations are PvP servers. You are really misguided or naive of the subject.

I really wouldnt be calling other people misguided and naive on the subject when you're quoting games that dont even exist anymore or havent been released as evidence of anything, except your own ignorance maybe.

Ive PVPed on most mainstream MMO's and also play FPS on console and PC. When you take a group of FPS players and throw them in the same pool with MMO players, I can assure you the MMO players are going to get raped, regardless of the game. We could be playing Connect 4 for all I care, its irrelevant.

MMO players by their nature just werent cut out for real competition. Which is why the vast majority of them dont bother or spend more time on forums crying that "x class" is overpowered than they do trying to get better at their own class. You can not compare a lifetime of practice competing with and dominating other human beings at a game with a lifetime of grinding for that +5 ring and whinging to game devs to "fix your class". It wont be much of a competition.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by khameleon

By the time EQ Next is released, PS4 will be out. This game is going to also be on PS4. (ok not offcially announced, but it will be on there). PLanetside 2 is on PS4, elder scrolls online is on it, FXIV is on it, etc. EQ = sony = on PS4.

Want proof? http://www.projectnorrath.com/everquest-next-on-the-ps4/  Look at that smile, that is pretty much a yes, but they can't announce it yet.

So, will you be able to play this game on your current PC? If so, will you only play on PC?

Will you have to invest in a $1,000+ PC to play it with no problems? Or upgrade your GPU for $400?

Will you spend the $400 and just get the PS4 and then be able to play FFXIV, EQ Next , ELder scrolsl online on there?

Will you play on both so you can enjoy it on your PC but then when you want to relax, also be able to play on couch/bed with PS4?

http://www.tentonhammer.com/planetside2/news/john-smedley-on-playstation-4-planetside-2-and-everquest-next  Also has Smedley talking about the PS4 version. They just don't outright say major stuff about the PS4 version yet. I'm sure they will at the SOE live event and in the near future.

PC only, not a fan of Sony products, so taking a big leap even playing EQN.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Brunio

"Most MMO players arent the slightest bit interested in PvP..."

.....uh what?

Without looking up charts/posting a poll/etc. I can tell you.....If Most players weren't the slightest bit interested.....There wouldn't be so much investment into it by pretty much every single MMO to hit in the past couple of years.

You have a right to your opinion, but it doesn't make it right.

So much invested? You mean like one or two servers and a tacked on shell of a mode that has had a fraction of the development time spent on it when compared to the PVE game?

I think were playing different genres, because Im most definitely right. I should know, Im a PVPer, Im just proving to you that you dont even know your own games.

I really wouldnt be calling other people misguided and naive on the subject when you're quoting games that dont even exist anymore or havent been released as evidence of anything, except your own ignorance maybe.

Ive PVPed on most mainstream MMO's and also play FPS on console and PC. When you take a group of FPS players and throw them in the same pool with MMO players, I can assure you the MMO players are going to get raped, regardless of the game. We could be playing Connect 4 for all I care, its irrelevant.

MMO players by their nature just werent cut out for real competition. Which is why the vast majority of them dont bother or spend more time on forums crying that "x class" is overpowered than they do trying to get better at their own class. You can not compare a lifetime of practice competing with and dominating other human beings at a game with a lifetime of grinding for that +5 ring and whinging to game devs to "fix your class". It wont be much of a competition.

Been MMOing for 14+ years and spent most of it playing PvP MMOs like DAoC or on servers where I could get my PvP fill. I have been members of many PvP focused guilds and the only MMO I was part of a guild that was PvE focused was for EQ1. In my time MMOing I have gamed with so many hardcore PvPers in MMOs I could not hope to list them. Try chucking up your ideas HERE and see how many MMO/PC/PvPers dash your ideas to tiny bits. Would be fun to see! I dare you to start a topic/thread on this.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

The moment I can play MMO's on the console again, I won't ever come back to PC gaming.  I realize you can do that this generation to a degree...but I do not have a PS3 (I've held a 7 year Sony ban in my house that is about to end with the PS4).  This next generation actually excites me.  Knowing I'll be playing DCUO and ESO on a console is great, though both of those games benefit from a controller instead of it ruining the game.  Having a keyboard available for chat is something I'll have to buy.  I had one for EQOA on the PS2, and it worked just fine.

The bottom line for me is hardware and how development changes between PC and consoles.  PC gaming is created and updated based on the very fact that hardware constantly changes, whereas consoles are very focused on the set in stone hardware it has.  I wish that a company would come out and make a console only and console focused MMO, because so much development time would be saved not having to optimize for 1000 different types of hardware.  I wonder how much more GAME a person might get from such an effort?  In either case, for the lifetime of that console (and beyond with this generation if streaming games from high power server farms becomes the thing) I will always know the game will work and I won't have to upgrade anything. 

Been MMOing for 14+ years and spent most of it playing PvP MMOs like DAoC or on servers where I could get my PvP fill. I have been members of many PvP focused guilds and the only MMO I was part of a guild that was PvE focused was for EQ1. In my time MMOing I have gamed with so many hardcore PvPers in MMOs I could not hope to list them. Try chucking up your ideas HERE and see how many MMO/PC/PvPers dash your ideas to tiny bits. Would be fun to see! I dare you to start a topic/thread on this.

I couldnt care less how many nerds want to "clash with me" on my opinions. There are a select few who specialize in PVP in MMO's, but were not talking about the exception here, were talking about the whole thing. MMO players in general are the PVE crowd. FPS PVE crowd is the exception.

Its basically like comparing the French Foreign legion to the US military. The legion may be very skilled at what they do, and a few Frenchman actually serve. Does that suddenly make the Frenchies expert at the martial arts? I dont think so son.

Yes because Im going to go out of my way to post somewhere else on the website because you asked me to when I can argue my point equally well here? What are they going to do, swear at me and call me names? Must be that mature PC crowd you were talking about. Im real scurred.

Originally posted by Gishgeron

The moment I can play MMO's on the console again, I won't ever come back to PC gaming.  I realize you can do that this generation to a degree...but I do not have a PS3 (I've held a 7 year Sony ban in my house that is about to end with the PS4).  This next generation actually excites me.  Knowing I'll be playing DCUO and ESO on a console is great, though both of those games benefit from a controller instead of it ruining the game.  Having a keyboard available for chat is something I'll have to buy.  I had one for EQOA on the PS2, and it worked just fine.

The bottom line for me is hardware and how development changes between PC and consoles.  PC gaming is created and updated based on the very fact that hardware constantly changes, whereas consoles are very focused on the set in stone hardware it has.  I wish that a company would come out and make a console only and console focused MMO, because so much development time would be saved not having to optimize for 1000 different types of hardware.  I wonder how much more GAME a person might get from such an effort?  In either case, for the lifetime of that console (and beyond with this generation if streaming games from high power server farms becomes the thing) I will always know the game will work and I won't have to upgrade anything. 

Have you played a MMO on a console before, other then a FPS? If you did how long did you play it? Reason I ask is I have. Console MMOs have to dumb down the game so they dont trip over the complexity of what you can do on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, mods, add ons, gaming keyboards and mice and the like. When a MMO first gets laughed on a new console all is good and right with the world, till a few years pass and the MMO quickly becomes outdated because its hampered because the console tech has fallen far behind PC tech. So now your MMO quickly becomes dated and the updated are scaled to outdated tech. Now new MMOs coming out have a huge advantage and your console MMO quickly loses players and you are left with a very small core of players who love the game and struggle to make it work. Less players paying to support the game means you start getting less and less content updates so now things fall apart and even your core of players who loves the game shrinks. I have been there and it sucks. 

I couldnt care less how many nerds want to "clash with me" on my opinions. There are a select few who specialize in PVP in MMO's, but were not talking about the exception here, were talking about the whole thing. MMO players in general are the PVE crowd. FPS PVE crowd is the exception.

Its basically like comparing the French Foreign legion to the US military. The legion may be very skilled at what they do, and a few Frenchman actually serve. Does that suddenly make the Frenchies expert at the martial arts? I dont think so son.

Yes because Im going to go out of my way to post somewhere else on the website because you asked me to when I can argue my point equally well here? What are they going to do, swear at me and call me names? Must be that mature PC crowd you were talking about. Im real scurred.

(((eyeroll))) 

"Most MMO players arent the slightest bit interested in PvP..."

.....uh what?

Without looking up charts/posting a poll/etc. I can tell you.....If Most players weren't the slightest bit interested.....There wouldn't be so much investment into it by pretty much every single MMO to hit in the past couple of years.

You have a right to your opinion, but it doesn't make it right.

So much invested? You mean like one or two servers and a tacked on shell of a mode that has had a fraction of the development time spent on it when compared to the PVE game?

I think were playing different genres, because Im most definitely right. I should know, Im a PVPer, Im just proving to you that you dont even know your own games.

Hah. World PvP Servers. Those are a dying breed. World PvP has sucked for quite a long time in almost every MMO to come out.  Current popular PvP modes are battlegrounds and arena style which are simple, but they seem to work for several games. To have said modes requires tons of balancing of the classes which can screw with the PvE so why do it at all if we are such a small market? They could just go full PvE if thats Most Players since they apparently have no interest in PvP.

Current trend I see is for zone-style PvP which is similar to world PvP, but you are pretty much in these areas to fight other players. Just because PvP in MMOs is currently being altered doesn't make it unpopular. And lol? "I should know, Im a PvPer..."  That was a cute line. It obviously makes you right.

Im clearly right, anyone who actually knows what PVP is and would like to participate in it could not argue the point that MMO's today are not made with PVP in mind, they are tacked on afterthoughts. Clearly you are a smug tourist. Battlegrounds and glorified duels...lol..see tourist comment. Getting "more buffed" than the other guy and winning on account of having a cookie cutter FOTM class does not make you a pvper anymore than me wearing a balaclava with a ghost skull on it and all black makes me a special forces operative. I can clearly see you wouldnt know what Im talking about. Go keep on playing your watered down SW:TOR PVP or whatever crap it is you're on about. I'll allow you the illusion that you're a badass pvper without destroying it any further.

(((eyeroll))) 

What, are you upset that your 14+ years of experience is putting me to sleep? Sorry that I dont just take anyone seriously because they say I have to. I kinda stopped taking you seriously the moment you brought SWG and TESO into the topic. Really now?

(((eyeroll))) 

What, are you upset that your 14+ years of experience is putting me to sleep? Sorry that I dont just take anyone seriously because they say I have to. I kinda stopped taking you seriously the moment you brought SWG and TESO into the topic. Really now?

You could not upset me as I know what type of gamer you are. I play twitch games as well, Halo by far my fav and my online time with Halo kicking other players butt was fun but some twitch gamers start to think the best of the best PvP is twitched based. Sure its fun and all but there is more strategy in MMOs like DAoC that flies right over the heads of most twitch gamers. Where my guild and I have taken on a hord of 100+ players and won with only 20-40 players. Not zerg style but weeks of plans and practice. Twitch is fun and is PvP but its only one kind and what I get from PC MMOing PvP is by far the depth and breadth I look for in my PvP that no console could supply. 

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by khameleon

Elder scrolls online and FFXIV are on PS4 and EQ Next will be as well(its a sony game lol). PLanetside 2 and DC UNiverse online also already confirmed.

Almsot every major MMO will be on one of the new consoles as they are very powerful and easy to port to.

"Very Powerful" is subjective. If you looked at a Tractor Trailer, and then looked at your small SUV. The Small SUV is "Very Powerful" compared to TWO of the 16 wheels the Tractor Trailer has.

The hardware on the new consoles is terrible. That AMD 8-core processor is several TIMES less powerful than the lowest intel i7 quad-core which was released how many years ago now?

Also, any "MMO" that is multiplatform most likely won't be worth the time or effort for PC users. We have much better prospects coming our way in this year & the next.

If EQ3 is going to be on the PS4 then that is a nail in the proverbial coffin as it can only but hinder its effective gameplay possibilities to cater to the less powerful and less intuitive consoles.

(((eyeroll))) 

You could not upset me as I know what type of gamer you are. I play twitch games as well, Halo by far my fav and my online time with Halo kicking other players butt was fun but some twitch gamers start to think the best or the best PvP is twitched based. Sure its fun and all but there is more strategy in MMOs like DAoC that flies right over the heads of most twitch gamers. Where my guild and I have taken on a hord of 100+ players and won with only 20-40 players. Not zerg style but weeks of plans and practice. Twitch is fun and is PvP but its only one kind and what I get from PC MMOing PvP is by far the depth and breadth I look for in my PvP that no console could supply. 

Clearly you're upset because you've already resorted to making assumptions about me when you have no idea. You have to fit me into some prefabricated definition you've made up to make yourself feel better. Booohoo.

The type of gamer I am is an experienced and realistic one. I know the will to win is far more important than anything you could possibly bring to the table. If me and my group is more tenacious and unrelenting than yours, you will lose. Bring all your strategy and planning that you want, at the end of the day if your hands quake and ours dont, you'll die, a lot. A calm and steady hand wins the day, and that is earned through experience.

And clearly, FPS players are more experienced with that. It has nothing to do with twitch gaming though, I dont know where you got the idea it was based on that alone. Strats are easy. Within 3 months of any MMO is released, all the optimal strats are posted on dozens of websites. If thats your big claim to fame, you're gonna find the room your sitting in to be quite a bit crowded shortly.

Im afraid consoles are going to be supplying strategic online gameplay, within a few short months. And once those flood gates open up, there aint gonna be no closing them. If guys like you had trouble dealing with the l33t speaking face pwners or whatever, well, its about to get a whole lot more interesting.

(((eyeroll))) 

You could not upset me as I know what type of gamer you are. I play twitch games as well, Halo by far my fav and my online time with Halo kicking other players butt was fun but some twitch gamers start to think the best or the best PvP is twitched based. Sure its fun and all but there is more strategy in MMOs like DAoC that flies right over the heads of most twitch gamers. Where my guild and I have taken on a hord of 100+ players and won with only 20-40 players. Not zerg style but weeks of plans and practice. Twitch is fun and is PvP but its only one kind and what I get from PC MMOing PvP is by far the depth and breadth I look for in my PvP that no console could supply. 

Clearly you're upset because you've already resorted to making assumptions about me when you have no idea. You have to fit me into some prefabricated definition you've made up to make yourself feel better. Booohoo.

The type of gamer I am is an experienced and realistic one. I know the will to win is far more important than anything you could possibly bring to the table. If me and my group is more tenacious and unrelenting than yours, you will lose. Bring all your strategy and planning that you want, at the end of the day if your hands quake and ours dont, you'll die, a lot. A calm and steady hand wins the day, and that is earned through experience.

And clearly, FPS players are more experienced with that. It has nothing to do with twitch gaming though, I dont know where you got the idea it was based on that alone. Strats are easy. Within 3 months of any MMO is released, all the optimal strats are posted on dozens of websites. If thats your big claim to fame, you're gonna find the room your sitting in to be quite a bit crowded shortly.

Im afraid consoles are going to be supplying strategic online gameplay, within a few short months. And once those flood gates open up, there aint gonna be no closing them. If guys like you had trouble dealing with the l33t speaking face pwners or whatever, well, its about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Thanks I needed that lol. Thanks again for making me smile and all the best to you. Was a fun chat but I am afraid its grown a bit thin on your last post so I bid you adieu. 

(((eyeroll))) 

Thanks I needed that lol. Thanks again for making me smile and all the best to you. Was a fun chat but I am afraid its grown a bit thin on your last post so I big you adieu. 

Thats fine. At the end of the day you sound a hell of a lot more scared of console gamers than I do about PC gamers (which would be silly since I already play with them).

Up to this point, most MMO's have been secluded to a largely isolated sector of the gaming world. WoW helped change a lot of that, but who wants to play WoW crap? Now if you bring in all those PS and Xbox "console kiddies", you go from being a big fish in a small pond to probably figuring out you werent as special as you thought you were.

Im not at all bothered by it, because Im confident enough in my abilities that I will do fine regardless of who's playing. You and others like you, Im not so sure about. I just hope theres a few open world PVP games so I can see all the guys on my console friends list having a good time doing stuff you MMO boys cant handle. Thats the future if you ask me. Maybe they couldnt market it to you cream puffs but Im excited to see if possibly we can have mainstream open world PVP on console. It would make perfect sense, given the titles they're already used to.

Im saying what you rejected, they will quite possibly embrace. And thats a great thing for me.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

(((eyeroll))) 

Thanks I needed that lol. Thanks again for making me smile and all the best to you. Was a fun chat but I am afraid its grown a bit thin on your last post so I big you adieu. 

Thats fine. At the end of the day you sound a hell of a lot more scared of console gamers than I do about PC gamers (which would be silly since I already play with them).

Up to this point, most MMO's have been secluded to a largely isolated sector of the gaming world. WoW helped change a lot of that, but who wants to play WoW crap? Now if you bring in all those PS and Xbox "console kiddies", you go from being a big fish in a small pond to probably figuring out you werent as special as you thought you were.

Im not at all bothered by it, because Im confident enough in my abilities that I will do fine regardless of who's playing. You and others like you, Im not so sure about. I just hope theres a few open world PVP games so I can see all the guys on my console friends list having a good time doing stuff you MMO boys cant handle. Thats the future if you ask me. Maybe they couldnt market it to you cream puffs but Im excited to see if possibly we can have mainstream open world PVP on console. It would make perfect sense, given the titles they're already used to.

Im saying what you rejected, they will quite possibly embrace. And thats a great thing for me.

Thing is those kids don't really like video games, most of them are just playing CoD and BF3 because it's cool and alright with their friends. Most of them are just playing with their friends cause it's the in thing to do...They don't care about the quality of the game, or the content really. And in the end unless Everquest Next is somehow related to Halo, CoD, or Battlefield those FPS players aren't going to give it a single second glance...Most people who aren't already somehow part of the MMO genre want nothing to do with it and see us as basement dwelling nerds.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by Gishgeron

Have you played a MMO on a console before, other then a FPS? If you did how long did you play it? Reason I ask is I have. Console MMOs have to dumb down the game so they dont trip over the complexity of what you can do on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, mods, add ons, gaming keyboards and mice and the like. When a MMO first gets laughed on a new console all is good and right with the world, till a few years pass and the MMO quickly becomes outdated because its hampered because the console tech has fallen far behind PC tech. So now your MMO quickly becomes dated and the updated are scaled to outdated tech. Now new MMOs coming out have a huge advantage and your console MMO quickly loses players and you are left with a very small core of players who love the game and struggle to make it work. Less players paying to support the game means you start getting less and less content updates so now things fall apart and even your core of players who loves the game shrinks. I have been there and it sucks. 

first of all except for dcuo, ffxi and free realms they hasn't been any real focus on consoles until this generation and ultimately all those games except DCUO were simply PC games that got ported to the consoles. 

Anyways, what I find funny from your post is the fact that you seem to think all those supplemenatry things like mods and addons and gaming keyboards actually help your case, it make it worst. It actually shows how broken MMOs on PCs are. The great thing about consoles is If you are a PvPer you don't have to worry about some guy with macros and more money to waste on a gaming mouse and keyboard. Everybody that plays is equal and then the difference is purely based on "skill" not on addon and not on macro that essentially play the game for you and you certainly have to worry less about cheaters.

Moving on, you seem to talk about out of date, while forgeting to mention that hardly any MMO ever gets a graphical overhaul, which invalidates your out of tech claim, since not even PC MMO get them. 

Everything else you mentioned is not exclusive to console MMORPG. New MMO come out all the time that doesn't mean all other MMO are left for dead UNLESS they suck and if a game suck it doesn't matter whether its on a console or PC. Also because they are so few console MMO, they are more likely to retain their number as compared to the PC.

to conclude, the arguments you are making and both idiotic and flimsy. Most of the issues you brought up and either in favor of consoles AND or are not exclusive to consoles. Also have you even consider the possibility that the target audience of console MMORPG is not necessarily the same target as PC gaming. A console version should not affect you in anyway, which ultimately makes this discussion pointless. Why do you care what somebody you don't know is playing if it doesn't directly affect you. Have you also consider the possibility that the console MMORPG environment could potentially evolve in an entirely different way from the way the PC did?

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by Electro057

(((eyeroll))) 

Thing is those kids don't really like video games, most of them are just playing CoD and BF3 because it's cool and alright with their friends. Most of them are just playing with their friends cause it's the in thing to do...They don't care about the quality of the game, or the content really. And in the end unless Everquest Next is somehow related to Halo, CoD, or Battlefield those FPS players aren't going to give it a single second glance...Most people who aren't already somehow part of the MMO genre want nothing to do with it and see us as basement dwelling nerds.

Since when did you gain the ability to read the minds of everyone that plays CoD of BF3? Now, if you consider yourself a basement dwelling nerds good for you, but don't make assumptions about everyone else or how everyone thinks. Finally, they are more genres on the consoles that simply FPS. There are about 75 million ps3 for example and CoD only sells about 25 million of them on both consoles so let's assume (12 million on the ps3) that leaves about 63 million gamers that play other games that CoD.

(((eyeroll))) 

I wont even address the majority of the ignorance in your post. But this has been proven wrong already. Oblivion and Skyrim are basically single player MMO's that most of these "kids" would love to play with their friends. Which is exactly why Bethesda and Zenimax are cashing in on that.

Your post is full of wishful thinking, but the genre that you've wasted away to practically nothing with the constant bitching and moaning since practically the very start is not going to be yours any longer. This genre has suffered long enough being marketed to people who werent going to pleased regardless of what product is being released. And its about damn time it was taken away from you to be honest. Game companies will have much more freedom in their design when marketing the game on consoles. As soon as this stuff gets released on consoles. they will sell the shit out of them. You have no vision if you think "basement dweller" even applies as a stigma with these games anymore, especially after WoW made it mainstream. But on merit of them releasing on console alone by your logic makes it socially acceptable.

I cant even fathom where some people come up with this crap on here anymore. Its hillarious in a sad way.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

(((eyeroll))) 

I wont even address the majority of the ignorance in your post. But this has been proven wrong already. Oblivion and Skyrim are basically single player MMO's that most of these "kids" would love to play with their friends. Which is exactly why Bethesda and Zenimax are cashing in on that.

Your post is full of wishful thinking, but the genre that you've wasted away to practically nothing with the constant bitching and moaning since practically the very start is not going to be yours any longer. This genre has suffered long enough being marketed to people who werent going to pleased regardless of what product is being released. And its about damn time it was taken away from you to be honest. Game companies will have much more freedom in their design when marketing the game on consoles. As soon as this stuff gets released on consoles. they will sell the shit out of them. You have no vision if you think "basement dweller" even applies as a stigma with these games anymore, especially after WoW made it mainstream. But on merit of them releasing on console alone by your logic makes it socially acceptable.

I cant even fathom where some people come up with this crap on here anymore. Its hillarious in a sad way.

Actually I'd love to have more players and if they're interested that'll be great...I just don't see the big crossover from the FPS genre to MMOs, I think they're separate markets really. I know MMOFPS exist but they're not as big a hit as just standard FPS or MMOs tend to be. And I do still think the MMO stigma exists, hell I think there's a stigma on playing anything that isn't incredibly mainstream, and there's even still a bit of a stigma on video gaming in general. And part of the reason that the MMO community is never satisfied with new releases is because they're highly opinionated and they differ greatly in their opinions. Anyways, it's just my opinion that this nor any MMO will really appeal to the FPS community I've been exposed to over the years. Especially the die hard realistic shooter fans.

On another note that's actually relevant to the main purpose of this thread I'd gladly play this on the PS4 if it's required specs are far and above my current system. And hopefully the servers will be mixed with players from both systems/consoles.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Servers are typically separate for different platforms. So while EQN may come to PS4 (very likely imo) same server play is very unlikely.

As for the OP's question, even though I'm going to get a PS4, I'll just play it on PC (well assuming EQN appeals to me upon reveal and is not some FFA PvP game).

Maybe it's just habit or tradition, but I generally prefer to game on the PC while my consoles have been reserved for exclusives and games that demand a huge screen for the spectacle of it all.