Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are all cut scenes going to be new?

MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
I'm wondering, obviously the main campaign / story line is going to be new but are they going to be reusing any of the other cu scenes like from classes or anything else?  Or is literally everything new and redone?

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    It has to be new since it takes place after Final Fantasy XIV. I don't know if you remember Final Fantasy X-2 or XIII-2, but this game would be considered Final Fantasy XIV-2.
  • zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45

I leveled a CNJ to 23 did the entire main quest scenerio (well, as much as they will let you do in beta). And I didn't see any of the old cutscenes. Though some are similar.

Time has passed from 1.0 to 2.0, so it should all be new. It's the same world and the story has advanced. But you do see some familiar faces ;)

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

All of the cutscenes are different from 1.0.  The story is basically a continuation of what happened in 1.0, but if you didn't play the previous game it still flows well enough that you wouldn't need to know what happened previously.  You will see a lot of familiar NPCs from the previous game though.

It's been said that by the time you get to level 50, the story will have come full circle and you'll have a pretty good idea of what happened 5 years ago in game without having had to have played it.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by Syno23
    It has to be new since it takes place after Final Fantasy XIV. I don't know if you remember Final Fantasy X-2 or XIII-2, but this game would be considered Final Fantasy XIV-2.

OMG no dont say that. Have you PLAYED those sequels before ... thats bad omen. image

• Maik36Maik36 Member CommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Kayo83

OMG no dont say that. Have you PLAYED those sequels before ... thats bad omen. image

Except in all those occasions the first was better. In this case, the second is significantly better. I kind of liked FFXIII-2 though.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Maik36
    Originally posted by Kayo83

Except in all those occasions the first was better. In this case, the second is significantly better. I kind of liked FFXIII-2 though.

I felt like XIII-2 was better, but yeah it's really called XIV 2.0, but still. It's good that for those of us who bought the first game, we can get a sense of continuation. I wouldn't want to buy the same old XIV again, not after beating the whole game.