Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter is live and reviews are coming in!

chx2013chx2013 Member Posts: 3
Today's official launch also marks the live release of Gauntlgrym, Neverwinter's new twist on level 60 PvP and PvE content, and the new Alchemy profession. It introduces a number of permanent price drops to the Neverwinter Zen Market as well, and comes on the heels of a big balance and gameplay update, which included hundreds of fixes and improvements that were a direct result of Open Beta community feedback and support.

Reviews of Neverwinter are coming in! See what they have to say:

Forbes: 9/10
"The combat is possibly the best in any MMORPG on the market today…"

Escapist: 4/5
"Neverwinter takes the most satisfying aspects of D&D's 4th edition in terms of combat and development, and turns it into a D&D adventure that left me squeeing with the joy of seeing my favorite monsters and mechanics."

Ten Ton Hammer: 89/100
"Neverwinter is a pretty city, and the designers at Cryptic have done much to bring that beauty to life.If you want to experience the Neverwinter,or neverwinter gold,click here"

OnRPG:
"Neverwinter is quite possibly the best free to play MMO released in a long time."

see orignial:http://neverwinter123.blog.ca/2013/06/21/neverwinter-is-live-and-reviews-are-coming-in-16150047/

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Weird, I thought most people around here hated it.
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

...or, you could just read the review courtesy of this site and its hundred-plus comments.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/reviews/load/271/Neverwinter-An-Astral-Diamond-in-the-Rough.html

So long as we're discussing the game and review scores, Metacritic rates it at 73, with a 5.7 from players.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/neverwinter/critic-reviews

Personally, I find them all subjectively horrendous and would advise anyone interested in the game to merely play it. The advantage of a F2P title is precisely that: no barrier to entry.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I tried the beta and outside of the combat it just felt bleh to me. Maybe I didn't play long enough. Anyway, with Final Fantasy around the corner and now with me trying to learn how to play Witcher 2, there just isn't enough time in the day :-) lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I really like this game, but I just haven't found much time to sit down and play it for a few hours. Being that it's F2P, I can just jump in whenever, so I'm not worried about neglecting it for to long. The new stuff sounds neat, and I hope they add tons more content before the year is over.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Average game at best. Nothing to get excited about to be honest, atleast in my opinion. The combat is pretty ugly too.
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    There's nothing wrong with Neverwinter. It is what it is. People around here just expecting too much of it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

Played to 25 as cleric then lost interest.  Maybe I'll give it another go.  The comment about DnD 4.0 is hilarious!  My tabletop group tried 4.0 once and we were utterly disappointed in how they had nerfed the game so much.  I don't remember a single "satisfying element," and that is why the 3.5 ruleset is still king.  

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's like complimenting something for emulating crap wonderfully.  I think Neverwinter  Online is better than the best parts of 4.0.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• clark2003clark2003 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by flizzer

I am the one.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The only issue I have with the game is that it rubs your face with microtransactions.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by flizzer

Take in mind OP registered to this forum just to hupe NWN and then you get such appreciation threads. (obviously)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"