Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which zone do you absolutely want to see in EQNext.

Comments

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

The Barrens

Goldshire

<Insert another obvious Trolling bait name here>

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Not fare i want all of them,i also have fond memories of making my way to Crystal Caverns for the first time, fighting my way down to the bottom and heading into the dwarf city.

Sometimes i would levitate down to the bottom.

Karnor's Castle the home of  Venril Sathir and mega trains.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Not fare i want all of them,i also have fond memories of making my way to Crystal Caverns for the first time, fighting my way down to the bottom and heading into the dwarf city.

Crystal Caverns is one of my favorites zones too. Also Velketor's Labyrinth is up there for me. Velious was an amazing expansion in general, especially considering how quickly it came out.

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    Things to do for low level players, solo, teamed and some high level content that keep people coming back to the zone and helping each other out. I really hope EQN has this is mind.

This is a person that knows the truth!  This is exactly whats missing in nearly all modern games.  A zone for more wide ranges of players.  Have your safe noob zone, but the world beyond your gates should be very dangerous and you should "work through" it.  Who remembers Field of Bone for the Iksar...Man I went into the castle so many times before I was ready.

Back on post, I always thought Crushbone was the best zone.  Surprised its not higher.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Karnor's Castle the home of  Venril Sathir and mega trains.

I really miss planning how I was going to get to a zone as just walking up to a zone (with no threat of death) was not always possible.  Like levitating down someplace and then you aggro this mob and feign death and on and on.  Imagine that tactics used to simply travel...something unheard of these days.

Crystal Caverns had some good loot and money making possibilities, good fun.

I'm suprised no Blackburrow on the list.  I'm guessing there were more people that played Freeport than Qeynos.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
     I would really love to see the Estate of Unrest in EQN. And it not be a max level zone like they did to it in EQ2.  I was so pissed off they made my favorite lowbie zone into a an endgame zone.

If I could add a second zone, this one would be it.

I made many huuuge trains in there with my druid... lol :)

Great and cool looking zone to level in. Would be very happy to see it again. :)

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    I want all new content nothing from the old...

+1 my thoughts too.

This is for all the people who met Dvinn the friendly dark elf in crushbone.

Train to zone...Loading please wait...!

Asbo

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Ruins of Varsoon has a sweet spot with me.

Killing dragons is my shit

• giga1000giga1000 Member Posts: 98

First toon was a pally at launch so started in Freeport and leveled up outside West Freeport killing rats,orcs, and skellys. Then ventured into East Commons wow my world opened up haha. Learned don't mess with snakes being their poisons persists even after you kill them and don't run from pumas. The main thing I learned is the guards are assholes who some times will help you lol.

But mostly the fear of god put in me when someone OOC GRYPHON and all hell broke loose everyone begging for a high lvl to come in and save everyone so we could proceed to kill.

The best part was when all the high levels showed up and killed the gryphon they usually stayed around and buffed people for tips WHICH WAS AWESOME!. I miss impactful buffs and that the best ones took regents. 

I loved running my high lvl pally in and buffing ORC groups so their HP was increased x20. I would spend hours just buffing people bother with my pally and druid and getting real satisfaction from it knowing I am impacting the game by performing these services for people.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Kithicor Forest has recently become a much more dangerous, dark place. In days past, it was a quiet woods where an intrepid explorer could find many things of interest, but now it is overrun. It is confusing to travel in only because there aren't too many identifiable waypoints and the range that one can see is limited, but it contains good hunting for two different ranges of adventurers, as well as several unique items

I really enjoyed this zone everytime I was in it and the dense fog coupled with trees and gentle slopes and a pond with various encounters, including bixies which were fun to irritate, thoughout the area were quite fun and when they changed how it was at night into a complete nightmare it made running through the zone into a rush as undead were everywhere and if you took a raid group into the zone you could start a raid event of a zergfest of undead

• beejay6872beejay6872 Member Posts: 2
    No Blackburrow on that list = Fail!
  • sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68
    City of mist. Still one of my favorite places ever in a game :)
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Not sure if they stated it would be there or not but I always found Paineel (the evil erudite hometown) to be a very interesting place and would love to see how it looks.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    41 votes and not a single one for Plane of Fire, Fennin Ro is crying right now
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Black Burrow!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Obelisk of Lost Souls.  That place was awesome.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Hmm....

Don't bash me, but i can't vote for anything. Why you might ask?

Because i DONT want to see any ZONE in the Game. I want a seamless World which feels "World'ish" and not just as a Zone. I hated the Loading Sceens back then and i hate them until today. I rly do hope they have No zones whatsover and will have a World like ArcheAge has. I would pray for his.

;*(

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Not on the list but any of Temple of Cazic Thule, Upper/Lower Guk, or Old Sebilis.  Wish zones like that existed in today's MMOs.
  • pfcgriffpfcgriff Member Posts: 26
    Don't know if it was in EQ but Castle MistMoore would be awesome. I spent alot of time there in EQ2 just for fun. 

Originally posted by Ilaya

Hmm....

Because i DONT want to see any ZONE in the Game. I want a seamless World which feels "World'ish" and not just as a Zone. I hated the Loading Sceens back then and i hate them until today. I rly do hope they have No zones whatsover and will have a World like ArcheAge has. I would pray for his.

;*(

EQ Next will be seamless. We've known that for a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-Cp3j-7yz3I#t=45s

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Just because its seamless, doesn't mean they won't have the areas from old EQ.

If you think you won't be able to recognize this world as Norrath, you are mistaken.

Originally posted by Dullahan

Just because its seamless, doesn't mean they won't have the areas from old EQ.

If you think you won't be able to recognize this world as Norrath, you are mistaken.

Um, of course they'll have areas from EQ? lol It's still Norrath. I never said otherwise.

Not that it should be a surprise to anyone, but it was already stated that we would notice certain landmarks, but that they'll have a new twist on things.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I would love to see the good guys retaking Freeport and common lands. That place was a pigs pen in EQ2.
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Dragon Necropolis  ;  still my all-time favorite dungeon in any game.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Iadien
    Originally posted by Ilaya

Hmm....

;*(

EQ Next will be seamless. We've known that for a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-Cp3j-7yz3I#t=45s

Thx Iadien for pointing that out again, i forgot about that tbh *red cheeks*

But.....hmm....lets wait until August tho just to be sure on that. That gives me some extra time to think about what "looks" i would prefer to see from the "old norrath" in the new one *giggle*