Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which zone do you absolutely want to see in EQNext.

WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Ok, if there's one zone you absolutely would want to see recreated in EQNext from EQ. Which one would it be.

I have went up to GoD, I could have added more expansions, but these are the ones most will know about.

I also picked popular zones with a few exceptions.

(I have no idea why I wrote "city" in the poll instead of zone btw)

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I do not know if it will be in there, but I have kind of been thinking of making a new guy for fun in EQ, and heading to Blackburrow.  I had a necromancer, so I spent a lot of time killing skeles at low level around the Barbarian area Halas, and killing the gnolls in BB.

• EtrisEtris Member Posts: 13
    They better have Guk but 5x the size and no working zone map allowed.  
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

I lived in the Oasis of Marr. Even came back to hunt giants when I out leveled the area. Used to love going to where a bunch of lowbies were leveling and doing /SHOUT YOU HAVE BEEN HIT BY A SANDGIANT FOR 288' and watch everyone scatter lol. I liked the balance of good hunting/exp and the constant threat of danger. Even that named croc showing up when you had a ghole and 2 camen was always good to get your blood pumping lol. 

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I always liked Kithicor Forest. Rushing to get there before night fell when mobs were low level and living, but once night fell, high level undead came out. Remember running low chars through at night hoping I would make it. Once I zoned into Rivervale after getting attacked and I was down to 0hp, fainted, slowly dying, got bandaged and lived, then made my way to HH, hehe.
  • DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Had to say PoN out of the options. That zone had one of the best mobs in the game - those mounted knights (can't remember their proper name), a great scripted raid and not to mention it was a great place to farm pp.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Velketor's Labyrinth
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I started playing 2 days after release. I made a human monk and started him in Freeport. I fell in love with the game immediately. Killed and levelled like a king outside of Freeport then bravely went into east Commonlands. Killed a few mobs then got owned by a madman. I got so very very angry!

Ever since that day, I've killed all madmen I've seen. They became a mortal enemy.

So, Commonlands it is because I aint done killing those fuckers! image

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Deolus
    Had to say PoN out of the options. That zone had one of the best mobs in the game - those mounted knights (can't remember their proper name), a great scripted raid and not to mention it was a great place to farm pp.

these?

there were unmounted ones too, but they were black iirc

• RorrinRorrin Member UncommonPosts: 29

South Karana and the Aviak Village

Kelethin

and Guk, i've never been so lost in any online game

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I would like to see Paludal Caverns and that place with all the ships...cant remember what that zone was called.
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Choosing just 1 zone is difficult. I would have to go with City of Mist though.

If my decision was purely based on nostalgia, then I would choose Commonlands.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324
    One of my EQ friends and i were talking last week about logging in to kill everything in Crush bone, nothing else but one final pay back!!
    Originally posted by damond5031
    I would like to see Paludal Caverns and that place with all the ships...cant remember what that zone was called.

Dulak's harbor?

Originally posted by Rorrin

South Karana and the Aviak Village

Kelethin

and Guk, i've never been so lost in any online game

If I could count how many Aviak's I killed ((eye roll) I am sure my necro is still spitting out feathers 14 years later lol

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

There were a lot of amazing zones missing from that list.

How about Castle MIstmoore?

Lake of Ill Omen?

Lavastorm?

Everfrost?

Kithicor Forest?

Veeshan's Peak?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Lake of Ill Omen for me. 

/shout Chancellor of Di`Zok hits YOU for 148 points of damage!

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

Originally posted by Hrimnir

There were a lot of amazing zones missing from that list.

How about Castle MIstmoore?

Lake of Ill Omen?

Lavastorm?

Everfrost?

Kithicor Forest?

Veeshan's Peak?

Yeah, I would have added them all if the poll wasn't restricted to 10.

Originally posted by Ppiper
    can't remember the names but I think Timmerous Deep and Cove of TIme? I was a Druid and quad kitting Othmirs and Spirocks all day and night. 

Timmerous Deep is another map that shows how well designed EQ1 was. Things to do for low level players, solo, teamed and some high level content that keep people coming back to the zone and helping each other out. I really hope EQN has this is mind.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Plane of Nightmare was a fun one.  And the first zone I ever got lost in West Karana...it was huge!  I was like lvl 7 and I ran from Qeynos to Highpass with no SoW and not knowing where I was going lol.  It was intense and incredibly dangerous.  Also add highpass to the list for me.  I think it was cool how they kind of divided off the two parts of the continent with this crazy dangerous mountain pass.

I'm surprised that Plane of Fire is the only zone that has received 0 votes so far, that's just sad.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
     I would really love to see the Estate of Unrest in EQN. And it not be a max level zone like they did to it in EQ2.  I was so pissed off they made my favorite lowbie zone into a an endgame zone.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

Originally posted by Waterlily
    I'm surprised that Plane of Fire is the only zone that has received 0 votes so far, that's just sad.

I have a love hate relationship with that zone. Great rewards but also a real pain in the ______.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I want all new content nothing from the old...
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    For me...none.EQ has no fond memories.Soooo  naming the game Everquest Next is actually a negative given the company and the games I have seen it make. It will take a lot to get me past my  deep skepticism.
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
     I would really love to see the Estate of Unrest in EQN. And it not be a max level zone like they did to it in EQ2.  I was so pissed off they made my favorite lowbie zone into a an endgame zone.

That was fun hunting. Trains would get a little crazy in there from time to time but I am sure we will see a lot of things turned on there heads with EQN. This being a parallel universe kinda thing.