Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Volan World Boss Encounter "Have Bosses Lost the Boss in Boss?"

SilentstormSilentstorm Rahway, NJPosts: 1,159Member

Volan Gone Wild

So taking a break from dungeons and grinding. I decided to take on Volan again with the server. This fight is one of the best in the game. It's well scripted Volan seems like he is a impressive threat. It's however sad most of us have scaled to make him almost too easy. I look forward to more fights like him. Because it was epic in size and how it played out. 

I know this is cheesey but I like big grand well thought out boss fights. Makes you feel more immersed into the game. Didn't you feel like when you first seen this guy. Like wow that is a big azz boss monster. Whose really tearing up stuff and killing people. A lot of games nowadays give you big bosses. Who are supposed to be impressive, but just are cupcakes.

The main reason for that is companies saying this."We want the public to view all of our content" Ok that's fine but the public also doesn't want welfare gimmie bosses. Makes it not worth logging on, if you can win spamming one key. When you first meet Volan you will not win that way. But as you progress and reach new levels of power he is easy to smash. That's fine and we can all take that.

Where I draw the line is when, you show up for a boss and he falls over. Like he said "here take my loot you showed up." Hopefully Rift will continue to make more fun bosses who challenge us. And not just have us show up for a free lottery.

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo EnschedePosts: 235Member

RIFT has a tendency of doing the epic boss fights out in the open. For example look at the zone invasions. Rifts open up all around the place and you fight them off only to have a big boss spawn. How about that? Same with the big events, especially the first (patch 1.1). There were bigass bosses for every level to take down (although the server couldn't handle it and all...)

Not that long ago however, those bosses were dropping like flies. Eventually they decided to nerf max-level characters and only have appropriate (and below) level characters dish out good damage. This made the fights more interesting and accessible to those of the appropriate level and the max-level characters can mentor down to the right level to join in on the fun.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• SilentstormSilentstorm Rahway, NJPosts: 1,159Member
    The new bosses in Dendrome are rather fun and epic. But no one rushes to do them like Volan. It's kinda a bit sad, I don't know the reason for it. But maybe Trion should up the presentation on those bosses.
  • CalmmoCalmmo LondonPosts: 52Member
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    The new bosses in Dendrome are rather fun and epic. But no one rushes to do them like Volan. It's kinda a bit sad, I don't know the reason for it. But maybe Trion should up the presentation on those bosses.

they're fine. The original game had premium and standard zone events. What you are likely unaware is that the ppl who rush to such events are the old players who know whats what and players who current have their hands full farming 90.000 rep for the extended SL rift factions and dont even bother participating in world events. Volan is a rather dull and weak boss spawn which exists there as a mere showcase and rewards IS as if it were 3 or 4 events putinto one. The best "epic" events this game has were the EI ones, yet the new players proly wont ever even see that zone since it's 50endgame, such thing doesnt even exist in a lvl 60cap rift.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Rahway, NJPosts: 1,159Member

You realize I've been in the game since closed beta right...........

It wasn't really a old players thing. Because most of the Vets who came back a long with me. Just took down Kaaz last friday. It was more a case of waiting for enough people to get in range.