Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Rumor Mill - New Heroes and Villains Coming?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to Russian datamining site, Horadric.ru, it appears that some new heroes and villains will be heading into Marvel Heroes Online in the near future. This is all speculation, of course, but the information seems strong. Use Google's Chrome browser to see the site translated to English.

Our own Mike Bitton offered a couple of thoughts:

These guys have been pretty good at datamining new costumes coming to the game (one of 'em is coming out today) and it appears they possibly have datamined out upcoming unannounced characters, including two villains (Juggernaut and Moonstone). The latter bit is particularly interesting since you can actually fight Juggernaut in the game and, you know, villains!

Check out the site above to see what all the rumor is about.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

They should have made 2 opposing factions, heroes vs. villians 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18

The villains part, that's interesting and all, but those "unannounced" characters are actually on their website and have been included in the Ultimate Pack that was on sale prior to launch. They're nothing new. 

But... these other characters... man, this dev is really clueless. The game is a buggy mess with no real direction. They have done nothing but wave the nerf bat around and haven't made a statement about their direction...

Which is now obvious. Shove more stuff into the cash shop.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Ramadonis

The villains part, that's interesting and all, but those "unannounced" characters are actually on their website and have been included in the Ultimate Pack that was on sale prior to launch. They're nothing new. 

But... these other characters... man, this dev is really clueless. The game is a buggy mess with no real direction. They have done nothing but wave the nerf bat around and haven't made a statement about their direction...

Juggernaut, Domino, X-23, Dr. Strange, Magik, and Moonstone are announced on their website? You'll have to show me where. ;)

• RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by Ramadonis

Juggernaut, Domino, X-23, Dr. Strange, Magik, and Moonstone are announced on their website? You'll have to show me where. ;)

I'm going off of the picture shown here. They mentioned new characters and such but posted an old picture... which for some reason, is also included on the Horadric site as well. Bit of confusion on that part, I guess. 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I've played about every MMO since SWG / EQ2. However, I haven't played any of them longer than 1-2 days. This game, however, is a blast. While there are bugs, I'm having a great time.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404

really looking forward to the villains as they are and will allways be more fun to play.

hoping i can play as hobgoblin or green goblin some day.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    I've played about every MMO since SWG / EQ2. However, I haven't played any of them longer than 1-2 days. This game, however, is a blast. While there are bugs, I'm having a great time.

Have to agree. Deadpool is tons of fun to play.

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

Ladies and gentlemen! Thee Doctor is in!

That is all.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I want psylocke and rogue

were are they

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by RelGn

I want psylocke and rogue

were are they

both character models are already in game ( they're NPCs in xaviers school ) so it's only a matter of time. I don't think any of the heroes "announced" are a big surprise to people who play the game....you've been able to select them as forum avatars for about 6 months now :P Since every other forum avatar is a playable character...1+1=2

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70
    I want Ghost Rider.... 

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    No mentioned on this thread that picture of X-23 in what looks like Vixen's (DC hero) costume? LOL
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Its the only mmo that has retained me for more than a week in a long time... Playing spidey having a blast as well.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TesteagleozTesteagleoz Member Posts: 5
    Loving Marvel Heroes, can't wait for new chars.
  • This game needs a serious amount of content added far more than it needs more heroes. What is the point of having more heroes when it only has about 15 hours of content.

Player retention will not be achieved by only offering new heroes to replay the same very small amount of content over and over again.

I'll check back in a couple years to see if they added more content. Until then I could give a **** about more heroes.

• gutshotttgutshottt Member Posts: 4
    Buncha crap  We had a kickass hero/villain game COH. This is a fanboy game. Try supporting either Missing World Media:The Phoenix Project or Hero's and Villains. There is very little real customization here.  You want to play the samo samo? Then Marvels it for you.  I love Marvel comics but DC's game offers real customization as does Champions Online. Although neither has the appeal that City had
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    I want Xavier and Onslaught for a enemy
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

When are they going to add customized heroes like CoH had?

Marvel Heroes is a giant leap backwards by only offering non-customized player models. Being able to customize a character is one of the bare minimum requirements for a MMORPG to be even remotely worth looking at. Will not pay, will not play.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I like the game, but the when the content tops out at 25 and then you are running terminals I kind of died out on it. Feels like a wasted $200 at this point.
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Those 5 characters were announced on the website ages ago..... All costumes released thus far were also announced months in advance....
  • daddystabzdaddystabz Member Posts: 63
    I want the Silver Surfer!