Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else think that "Everquest Next" is a stupid name?

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Okay, so obviously a big game. Obviously YEARS of hard work put into it...

Now I'm certainly not saying that they should have called it "Everquest 3"...

But I dunno... "Everquest Next" just sounds like a brainstorming fail for a name. Especially for an mmo that is supposedly as epic as they and mmorpg staff are saying that it is.

Obviously 'Everquest' belongs in the name. I think the word 'next' is the word I have the problem with.

Just a quick 5 second thought process in my mind alone gives me "Everquest Revolution" or "Everquest Ultra" or perhaps something like "Everquest: Break of Dawn" as a much better name.

I dunno. I bet you all can think of 100 names better then Everquest Next for a name, lol.

Is this just me? Or does anyone else think NEXT just sounds dumb, too simple for a game obviously so advanced? ;-)

- Zaxx

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It's not the greatest name ever but it's better than an MMO that calls it'sself (name) Online

you can't really be a massively multiplayer online  if it's not online so....

I guess with evequest next it just seems like something is missing from the name. It should be like Everquest Next rise of the grind :P or something.

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152
    Watch them pull an MS and call it Everquest One.

In all seriousness though I doubt it will be called EQNext at retail, wouldn't surprise me if they just call it Everquest.
  • BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83
    It's just a working title.  The real name will be revealed at SOE Live I'm sure.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

EverQuest next is, in my opinion a great "working title" name, since it implies so much, actually.

It implies its the next obvious installment of the EQ franchise ofcourse.

: that its a new level of the way we play mmo´s

:Read abofe and add Next Gen gfx (for mmos)

the list could go on, and that alone, to me atleast, says its a great working title, simply because it makes you think abir about what they mean ;)

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I like the title.

Though I could also go with "Wacky and Wooly Norrath Adventures"

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I like the name. It sounds next gen
  • TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    It's a working title.  It's not what the name is going to be at release.  
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Odd, the name for sounds perfectly logical for being the Next offering in the EQ series.

Besides, let's all be very happy that "Unchained" wasn't in the cards.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

But I dunno... "Everquest Next" just sounds like a brainstorming fail for a name. Especially for an mmo that is supposedly as epic as they and mmorpg staff are saying that it is.

Obviously 'Everquest' belongs in the name. I think the word 'next' is the word I have the problem with.

Just a quick 5 second thought process in my mind alone gives me "Everquest Revolution" or "Everquest Ultra" or perhaps something like "Everquest: Break of Dawn" as a much better name.

I dunno. I bet you all can think of 100 names better then Everquest Next for a name, lol.

Is this just me? Or does anyone else think NEXT just sounds dumb, too simple for a game obviously so advanced? ;-)

- Zaxx

It could be worse.. Just imagine Everquest: One. Damn it someone beat me to it...

Well it can't be Everquest 4!!! ;)

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

It could be worse.. Just imagine Everquest: One. Damn it someone beat me to it...

Hahahahahahaha HA HA HA

^5 to you on that one.

Hilarious.

Speaking of which, I think Nintendo failed as well with their "Wii 2" system calling it the "Wii-U". They definitely should have called it the "Wii-Wii" lol

- Zaxx

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sad to say... Everquest Next was just something to call it that sounded catchy. Now its snowballed so much I am not sure they can name it something else. No one would know what it was lol. 6 years of trying to come up with the next Everquest game and you think they could have come up with something better. Even the name Everquest 2 lacks something. Besides in 8 years from now when they are making Everquest 4, it wont be next any more.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Someone already said it ... :( 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    I know it is a working title but personally I think it stands out far more than dragon this or age of that.  
  • BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Sad to say... Everquest Next was just something to call it that sounded catchy. Now its snowballed so much I am not sure they can name it something else. No one would know what it was lol. 6 years of trying to come up with the next Everquest game and you think they could have come up with something better. Even the name Everquest 2 lacks something. Besides in 8 years from now when they are making Everquest 4, it wont be next any more.

They could name the Everquest after next Everquest: Next Next

I still know what you did last Everquest

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I love the name.

Joined - July 2004

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I wouldn't be surprised if they change the name when It starts picking up development speed
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Final Fantasy # 14: A Realm Reborn isn't any better but it's massively popular on PC and PS3.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP ....EVERQUEST NEXT is the kind of name a bean counter would suggest.

I'll bet someone suggested EQ 3 and when that Idea was nixed......EQ NEXT was born.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus
    I know it is a working title but personally I think it stands out far more than dragon this or age of that.  

Agreed.

The Everquest Chronicles: Rise of the Dragon Throne Age

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Is this just me? 

It never is, no matter what, where, when, why, or whom. 

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Working Title, don't get to hung up on it.

I hope that they don't call it EQ3, as I wasn't a huge fan of EQ2. Maybe return to Norrath or something like that.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

- Zaxx

At least it's not Evernext...

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature