Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 - Best of Show

Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Figured this would belong in here.

Say what? You thought this one wasn’t at E3? Well, really... it wasn’t in any official capacity. But we were treated to an early look at what SOE has planned for the game’s unveiling in August and we were quite simply blown away by every little detail we saw. This is going to sound like a cop-out, but we can't say why we are choosing EQN as our Best of Show because we've been sworn to secrecy until the big debut in August. What we can say is that we saw grand plans for the world's largest sandbox and it was more than enough to stand head and shoulders above any game we saw at E3. When Sony pulls back the curtain later this summer, you will not be disappointed. EverQuest Next is this year's E3 Best of Show, and in just a couple months you'll all understand why. We promise.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7501/page/1

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Seriously cant wait till August now pitty i have to watch streams and not be there in person ><
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Doesn't show up at E3.

Wins E3 Best of Show.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

Doesn't show up at E3.

Wins E3 Best of Show.

Marketing department has done their job.

Now their devs.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Hope its all true, really would love to rejoin norrath in a modern version that fires on all cylinders.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    not sure i agree w any "closed doors" mmo winning best of show - esp w no details
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The less you know, the better it looks.

Can I preorder now and get a Lifetime Subscription?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Missed opportunity naming it Everquest Next.

Everquest

Everquest 2

Everquest 3

It could have been:

E3 best of show at E3.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Doesn't show up at E3.

Wins E3 Best of Show.

They were showing it to press behind closed doors.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    As one who has been disappointed by any number of games over the years, I consider EQ Next to be vaporware until such time as I can actually play it.   

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by Mendel
    As one who has been disappointed by any number of games over the years, I consider EQ Next to be vaporware until such time as I can actually play it.   

Mommy, I want my toys now or you don't love me.

Originally posted by Iadien

Doesn't show up at E3.

Wins E3 Best of Show.

Dangerous to go by, as how many press are biased/on the dev's payroll/pushed to produce a very positive article?

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Iadien

Doesn't show up at E3.

Wins E3 Best of Show.

I was joking.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Sure, tease us even more. You are cruel.
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hype meter through the roof.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Call me a sucker, but something about the way Georgeson gets so friggin excited every time EQ Next crosses his mind gives me a good feeling.  Now other people who are seeing the game are giddy with anticipation, and thats starting to say something.  Can't be a bad thing.

Look at it this way.  Naming EQN best in show, a game not even shown, is a HUGE slap in the face to everyone else.  Either they just got a paycheck large enough to compromise their integrity, or it was really the tits and they just had to praise it in some way.

Originally posted by Bidwood
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hype meter through the roof.

That's how you do it, then send some employees to all mmo community forums to post threads portraying as players about it and the job is done.

Real fun is to see if they manage to keep the community ingame after 2 months once the game goes Live.

Looking forward to the first movie with actual ingame footage.

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408

I don't care if the game is the best one to ever grace the PC and will eventually have 4 billion players, there's something truly annoying about nominating a game that there are virtually no public details about as best of show.  What's the public supposed to do with that information?  We can't discuss or debate animations, art style, gameplay, combat, character design, anything.  They can't even talk about why the game was given the award.  How can a game that wasn't even officially at the show win the best of show, anyway?

In any case, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing what EQNext brings and how high my expectations are for it, I can't say I'm pleased with it getting any sort of award at this point.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    "it's the best....I just can't tell you why". (shakes head) ....not good enough.Certainly not fair to company's who didn't keep their game in a closet.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

So, EQNext is better than Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall, and other games that other sites have deemed best of show. 

You say "SOE gave a special secret demo of EQNext and it is definitely the best in show. We can't say why, we have no photos, we have no videos, but it is definitely best of show!" 

We hear "SOE pulled press aside and started handing out checks..."

Sorry lol, thats just how it is. You can say what you want but it will have absolutely no meaning if you have nothing to show. They definitely should have picked a game that all were actually able to see. I admit that I haven't seen EQNext myself, but I find it hard to believe it beat out all the other games I did see as best of show. Graphics wise, mechanic wise, and gameplay wise other games just surpassed what an MMO can do by to great of a margin. 

• ZydariZydari Member UncommonPosts: 84

I really hope this is everything they promised. I am so ready for something different than whats out there.

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Thomas Jefferson

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Zydari

I really hope this is everything they promised. I am so ready for something different than whats out there.

Me too. I demand it. No more failz, LOL!!!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This speaks volumes. I dont think its right as they did not show anything. Kinda like having a race and giving gold to the fastest guy that didnt show up but it does speak volumes as to what they think of the game. Im getting really excited. 
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    This speaks volumes. I dont think its right as they did not show anything. Kinda like having a race and giving gold to the fastest guy that didnt show up but it does speak volumes as to what they think of the game. Im getting really excited. 

Me too. Although I've been extremely excited about the next EQ ever since hearing that they're going to take a lot of inspiration from the first EQ. I hope we can get our hands on this in the winter, it was a long winter here in Wisconsin this year. Gotta have something to do while the weather is crap!

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Trudge34
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Me too. Although I've been extremely excited about the next EQ ever since hearing that they're going to take a lot of inspiration from the first EQ. I hope we can get our hands on this in the winter, it was a long winter here in Wisconsin this year. Gotta have something to do while the weather is crap!

My guess is you will be playing a lot sooner then winter.