Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best place?

BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

To buy the game?

Hey!

So I have all the way up to cata, played the MoP 10 day trial, and loved it. However, I didn't continue playing after my 10 day trial ran out. This was probably 3-4 months ago.

I am trying to convince my girlfriend to play WoW with me, as we usually try to play games together. I've been wanting to get back into it for awhile, and I really think she'd enjoy it. (she plays LoL, AoW, TERA, and used to play ugh... maplestory)

I would buy her the game/expansions along with MoP for myself if I knew she'd like it (I can't express how much fun I had playing with the pet battles, and I think she'd go crazy over that). However, after looking at the restrictions for the "starter edition" I don't think I would even want to play with some of them.

I can't really find anything on the usual sites (gamersgate,greenman, etc) for WoW. It seems they are pretty tight about selling their product.

Does anyone have/know of a site which would be the best for purchasing WoW and related expansions?

Thanks!

Comments

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Blizzard Online Store for digital downloads... 

You can upgrade the starter edition too.

If she has never played, she'll need like the WoW Battle Chest to get to WotLK.  Then the Cata expansion.  Then of course MoP.

So $19.99 for Battle Chest, $19.99 for Cataclysm, then $39.99 for MoP.  Battle Chest comes with 1 month subscription, the others come with zero subscription time.  $80 investment to start.

Honestly, best bet is to have her try the trial... can play MoP starter area or regular zones to level 20 for free.  Then do the Battle Chest.  If she's still interested, pick up Cata.... and then MoP.  

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    they offer a cata & MoP combo upgrade for $40
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by pmiles

Blizzard Online Store for digital downloads... 

You can upgrade the starter edition too.

If she has never played, she'll need like the WoW Battle Chest to get to WotLK.  Then the Cata expansion.  Then of course MoP.

So $19.99 for Battle Chest, $19.99 for Cataclysm, then $39.99 for MoP.  Battle Chest comes with 1 month subscription, the others come with zero subscription time.  $80 investment to start.

Honestly, best bet is to have her try the trial... can play MoP starter area or regular zones to level 20 for free.  Then do the Battle Chest.  If she's still interested, pick up Cata.... and then MoP.  

Are you able to do the pet battle without having MoP?

I have a feeling once she tries that she'll dig the game.