Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options.

/end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).

I would rather have a system that's build around it from day 1 then a system that tries to add it on later. Adding things like this on just don't work.

The PS4 already does have cloud(Gaikai) and digital download options the PS3 was the first console to have day one digital lol. Also the PS4 can stream your purchased games while they're downloading so there is no wait Microsoft has not mentioned any such feature on the X1 yet.

Not the same.I cannot go to a friends house and play my PS4 games over PSN. Sony indeed purchased a cloud service but why? Nobody knows and they have not even said anything. Please feel free to share links of how PS4 works with there cloud service.

In the same reply you state a fact and then say it isn't a fact because Sony has not stated yet what the cloud would do with their console. Also I doubt what you said would be possible, you just take your disk and your console with you and install it at their place and both of you can maybe even play together on two different consoles, lets see that happen with Xbox 1.

Fun fact: I am a PC only user but I am sick and tired of Xbox 1 fans running around trying to justify their fandom... I just hope to god said fandom isn't a pay to have commodity for Microsoft.

Who is trying to justify anything? Read the first thing I types in my original topic.  Whats wrong with a person liking Xbox? The Xbox 360 was one of the best systems ever made so why not look forward to the next one? Its people like you that I just simply don't understand. I am not saying don't buy a PS4 or don't build a pc.

Sales wise: The Wii beat it in its own generation and the PS2 beat it overall, the PS3 was at the same level in sales so how is it "one of the best systems" ? It's one of the average ones that got pushed along by a crap decision in terms of architecture with the PS3 and the Halo and CoD series of degenerate FPS games (degenerate in terms of gameplay not anything else).

Also you do not like the Xbox 1, you are overtly advertising it on these forums trying to convince people it's worth the chips it's built out of, it ain't.

Originally posted by Milander

Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options.

/end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).

I don't know what's worse...the "Xbox 1 troll fans" or the PS4 Sony Fanbois....

But sure /end discussion...PS4 can get cloud and digital download and be more like the XB1, but XB1 cant be like the PS4.. So, the PS4 can improve, but the Xbox1 cannot....Ah perfection?

<>

Haven't owned a console since the age of 5 (more than 18 years ago) so keep trying :P.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

MY PC does everything the PS4 does and the XBOX does combined. 

/thread

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

How do you figure the price is better?

PS4 399.99 XB1 499.99.....

End result...the same. Why? Because the PS4 With the Eye is 499.99 *or just about* With the XB1 the kinect with use to be a 99 dollar addition comes standard.

The quality? Of what? The parts inside? Same chips made by the same company with minor differences. So are you saying the AMD chips in the PS4 are higher quality than the XB1? Doubtfull.

Features, overhead costs, games, bells and whistles? Who knows, they can say whatever they want, the systems arent even at the stores yet. Things change from E3 to release.

But I will say one thing,Sony said they made the PS3 capable of running Linux and they were not going to take that away....Look what happened?

Another cost people seem to miss on the PS4, the 'extra' 70 or whatever bucks a year you're going to have to pay for a PSN+ account. I still have people crying FOUL! when I bring up that with the ps4 to play online you need a plus membership.

For me, I'm happy with my 360 and my ps3 for now. I will keep my eye on both and hopefully closer to release when they actually show something that could NOT just have been a PC running 'XB1-Fake"dows...or "PS4dos"

So keep an open mind, and a closed wallet....Not a closed mind and an open wallet, like THEY want you :)

Now in regards to the price the new Playstation Eye it has already been confirmed to have a price of $59.99 so that is cheaper also PS+ is cheaper then Gold membership so it is cheaper to use a PS4 online in the long run also while this defeats the purpose of many of the features should a person solely want to play single-player games the PS4 would again be cheaper due to not requiring a broadband internet connection which is at a minimum around $30 and upwards of $100 a month.

PS+ is at the most $17 a month or $50 for a year also if you time your purchases correctly you can usually get a few months tacked on to your purchase for free I got 4 months a $20 value for free with my 1 year membership and my friend through the smart use of offers was able to get a whole extra year for free you also get access to random recently released blockbuster games this month they are Xcom, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3 later this month.

So yes price wise the PS4 is cheaper without a doubt also spec wise Jack Tretton came out and said it directly at the camera during his Geoff Keighley E3 interview that the PS4 is without a doubt the most powerful game console and if anyone doubts this they can feel free to ask any third-party developer.

As for more powerful I will have to wait and let the games speak for them selves. I saw both shows and Microsofts games looked way better to me. Remedy seems to think different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rly8s1ZkkL4&list=FLksoyDFtH--Rg7IaTzzU_gw

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

This is for people who want to know more about the Xbox One.

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its too soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

All info can be found here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

Still at it I see...

The PS4 is as much a digital media system as the Xbox One. The PS4 simply remains a decent physical media system on top of that. PS4 invested a great deal of money in their acquisition of Geiki and developing a cloud service for the PS4. So sorry, this was a bit of a lie and spin on your part. PS4 also offers this as an optional service, you don't have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours for single player games. So no justification for the requirement for the Xbox One. 

You are correct, the 24 hour check means you only have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours. The flip side to that is the fact that Microsoft has been pushing developers to put game data onto their cloud. I don't mean save data, I mean actual game assets and such. That means when playing single player games without an internet connection will reduce the quality of some games and make others simply unplayable. You may lose nothing more than foliage, you may lose something as important as AI. Its up to what the developer decided to house on the cloud. This would be an omission on your part. 

As far as not waiting on downloads. That applies to either system. PS4 just gives you the option of keeping it connected. It isn't a requirement. If you DECIDE to keep it connected it downloads your new games, assets, updates, etc. in the background and will even preload certain things for you. Both systems get you your new shinies faster, only the PS4 gives you the option. 

It's the publishers asking for the ability to stop or limit used game sales and trading and such. Not the developers. 

Yes, you can create a family circle and share your games with them but it is looking like they will need to be a part of your Xbox Live Gold Family Plan. 

Neither game you listed is very appealing to me. I'm more looking forward to the new GT and Drive Team for my racing/driving games. 

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by straitbx
    this is to funny lol , this is the same negativity xbox got during 360 launch , complaints after complaints , oh no 360 has no blue ray , sony has free internet lol ,ps3 is more powerful blah blah blah , and yet microsoft  still won the war , cuz of there consistant flow of games , by the time sony has launched 3 games  microsoft alrdy launched 10 games ,sony has free online service lol ,thts why they got hacked and was down for like 3 weeks lol, free = shitty security , xbox will rise above the nonsense  once again and rule the console war yet again, im a pc fanboy so dont get it twisted just being realistic

Blue ray had not yet become the clear winner in the blur ray V Super DVD race at the time of the PS3 launch.

Xbox 360 was the clear winner at the launch of the last generation but PS3 I believe this year surpassed xbox 360 in total units sold.So SOny can claim to have one in the end or at least that it is a close tie.

You also act like Xbox live hasn't ever been hacked.

I also do not own a current gen console and may not buy either next gen,so have no dog in this fight.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by mayanking
    Xbox one is a big mmorpg. we rely on its internet.. What happens when we get a xbox 2 or 3 and the servers for xbox one close? whelp 1k usd in games and console all gone.. No thank you i  will go to sony now because atleast when ps5 comes out i can still go play my ps4 and when i have kids show them how gaming was as i own all the consoles the only one i don't own is a ps3. Its pure ignorance for the execuitive of xbox to come out and basicaly say no net? fuckyou stick with are shity product.....   More then half the world doesn't have internet.... This might have worked in maybe 20-30years But now? no.... Don't buy a xbox if anything wait a fewmonths. If your buying a xbox then your basicaly saying this is how you want future gaming to be. DRM. Soon the movies and media companies will see what xbox did and copy there ways... Yeah... I'm going to ride out with ps4 unless xbox fixes these issues i don't wanna spend 1kusd on games only for the xbox one service to close down and lose everything.

So you spend 1k in the 'life cycle' of a system....So that's what?  7 years? I think that was the 'life cycle' of the Xbox. Not bad eh? Hours and hours of enjoyment over 7 years for 1k....For a PC user that 1k is...one graphics card upgrade for maybe a year of life? At that time, I'm sure they will do something...'final patch' to make the check all internal? Make the XB2 legacy? Who knows, that is AGES away in the "Grand Plan" :)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

End result...the same. Why? Because the PS4 With the Eye is 499.99 *or just about* With the XB1 the kinect with use to be a 99 dollar addition comes standard.

The quality? Of what? The parts inside? Same chips made by the same company with minor differences. So are you saying the AMD chips in the PS4 are higher quality than the XB1? Doubtfull.

Features, overhead costs, games, bells and whistles? Who knows, they can say whatever they want, the systems arent even at the stores yet. Things change from E3 to release.

But I will say one thing,Sony said they made the PS3 capable of running Linux and they were not going to take that away....Look what happened?

Another cost people seem to miss on the PS4, the 'extra' 70 or whatever bucks a year you're going to have to pay for a PSN+ account. I still have people crying FOUL! when I bring up that with the ps4 to play online you need a plus membership.

For me, I'm happy with my 360 and my ps3 for now. I will keep my eye on both and hopefully closer to release when they actually show something that could NOT just have been a PC running 'XB1-Fake"dows...or "PS4dos"

So keep an open mind, and a closed wallet....Not a closed mind and an open wallet, like THEY want you :)

Now in regards to the price the new Playstation Eye it has already been confirmed to have a price of $59.99 so that is cheaper also PS+ is cheaper then Gold membership so it is cheaper to use a PS4 online in the long run also while this defeats the purpose of many of the features should a person solely want to play single-player games the PS4 would again be cheaper due to not requiring a broadband internet connection which is at a minimum around $30 and upwards of $100 a month.

PS+ is at the most $17 a month or $50 for a year also if you time your purchases correctly you can usually get a few months tacked on to your purchase for free I got 4 months a $20 value for free with my 1 year membership and my friend through the smart use of offers was able to get a whole extra year for free you also get access to random recently released blockbuster games this month they are Xcom, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3 later this month.

So yes price wise the PS4 is cheaper without a doubt also spec wise Jack Tretton came out and said it directly at the camera during his Geoff Keighley E3 interview that the PS4 is without a doubt the most powerful game console and if anyone doubts this they can feel free to ask any third-party developer.

As for more powerful I will have to wait and let the games speak for them selves. I saw both shows and Microsofts games looked way better to me. Remedy seems to think different.

The Xbox One doesn't have the hardware to be as good as the PS4 and thats simply a fact. The showing at E3 wasn't even on comparable specs as the Xbox One. They were using a high end Nvidia card (and windows 7 oddly enough lol Sorry Win8 :P) to showcase their games. The Xbox One is running an AMD card so... what they looked like at the show is pretty meaningless. In either case I actually thought the PS4 games looked better. 

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by straitbx
    this is to funny lol , this is the same negativity xbox got during 360 launch , complaints after complaints , oh no 360 has no blue ray , sony has free internet lol ,ps3 is more powerful blah blah blah , and yet microsoft  still won the war , cuz of there consistant flow of games , by the time sony has launched 3 games  microsoft alrdy launched 10 games ,sony has free online service lol ,thts why they got hacked and was down for like 3 weeks lol, free = shitty security , xbox will rise above the nonsense  once again and rule the console war yet again, im a pc fanboy so dont get it twisted just being realistic

Um... the Xbox 360 was launched over a year before the PS3 so none of those complaints were around when it first lauch it was not even for a few years after the PS3 had come out that Blu-ray had won out over HD-DVD in the disk format war.

Also the PS3 has now officially out sold the 360 in global sales I believe beginning in November of last year and internationally the PS3 has been out selling the 360 for quite a while it was only the United States that was giving the 360 a good lead over the PS3 also the 360 had a whole extra year to gain sales over the PS3 so if we actually go on a year/sales ratio the PS3 wins by quite bit however the Wii absolutely destroys both the 360 and PS3 so sales figures to not really mean much LMFAO!

Also the 360 was repeatedly hacked many many many times before the PS3 Microsoft just ever came out and admitted it and repeatedly blamed it on consumer side security failure Microsoft also refused to refund anyone who had funds stolen from being hacked. Their is a massive I believe IGN article all about this if you actually bothered to do an internet search it was originally believed to be an exploit through FIFA but that was originally debunked when people who had never touched FIFA began to have their accounts stolen.

Subjective.

I found The Order 1866 and Infamous:Second Sons more compelling than any of the truly exclusive(not coming to PC) games M$ showcased.

I am a PC gamer and don't own a xbox 360 or PS3 but when I look at exclusive IPs I find things like Infamous,God of War,Uncharted and Last of Us more compelling than Gears of War and Halo.But again that's just me and subjective.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its too soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

Just going to say straight off the bat, I am not a fan boy. I am however, a gamer. I typically buy all consoles (much to my Mrs dismay but she knew what she was getting into when she met me hehe). The XBOX ONE is something I am going to be missing out this time around. 

Now, you say that developers have been asking for the system from SONY and MICROSOFT to provide this. I would like to see a citation on that because I don't believe it. For one, SONY has not adopted this method. Developers also know that to enforce such an issue is a silver bullet in the head for them for their consumers. 

Microsoft have the facility to which 'publishers' can register for a game not to be traded and re-sold. Or, they can ask for a figure to be enforced so they take a cut of the re-sale action. This is not for free mind you, for one, MICROSOFT takes a piece of the pie, meaning Publishers will either take a potential loss of the resale, or increase the fee to cover that loss. So, potentially the re-sale of a game becomes as expensive as a new game if not more. 

Considering retailers make their money on resales or they will be in trouble you would imagine a lot of highstreet shops would close or job unemployment would increase as they try to manage the cost in their day to day operations. What isn't told to you is that publishers increase the retail costs of their games all the time. So, a games retailer is paying a LOT more  for games to sell than they have ever done which forced them to explore other pies to eat in order to survive. 

With the job and income market as it is, students and typically those living on the bread line budget shop which leads to a lot of buying and selling of the consumer. Its got a long ass history behind how its got to this point and everyone is out to make money at the end of the day. They are a business after all, but it isn't 'good' business to treat your consumers as second class citizens as they battle it out with retailers. 

This has stemmed purely because MICROSOFT has always tried to take as much income in as possible as a business to where their consumer wants and needs are always second. It's just how they are, they have always been that way and I put their decision down to 2 things. 

1) SONY registered DRM tech and MICROSOFT thought they would head that way also.

2) They get paid if the publisher wishes to explore that options. No idea what Microsofts cut of the pie is. 

The point being, games re-selling market comes from people being poor and games being expensive, but also not providing quality. I have bought a lot of games (first hand) that have lasted me 4-8 hours only. I am not going to spend more time trying to get absurd achievements to artificially increase my games life. So, yeah I will complete the game in a couple of hours, re-sell it and use the money towards a quality title (I hope) next time. 

The Cloud streaming aspect is something SONY is also doing, but out next year they say. I am very keen to having still my physicial copy game which I own and being able to stream. I also look forward to using my PSP as a means to play games around the house and I hear they are looking into being able to play games from your library outside of the house via the PSP. So that would be cool to continue playing a game when I am at lunch at work etc. 

In addition MICROSFT is not indie friendly, their patching policy charges a mint and they don't allow people to self publish. This means that the PS4 will get a lot more online based games where patching will be needed. So far Final Fantasy 14, Dust 514, Planetside 2 and heck, who knows what in the future. 

The always connected thing is also a problem, for 1 I don't have anything in 'stand by mode' its a waste of electricity. I turn everything off at the mains at night. So that doesn't help me. In addition I used to travel and stay in rented houses for work and I used to take a console with me to play at night. I actually take a console most places when I travel.

These are a bit nit-picky, but in honest I won't support a business that wants me to 'change' to fit in with their model. I am the consumer, I pick a product that fits in with me, not the other way around. 

I know this sounds kinda hateful, but hey I enjoyed my 360 I just don't like their plans for the XB1. In addition I should also say I have had 3 Xbox 360s, all of which have broken. (problems with CD trays, RRoD etc) and I have only ever had 1 PS3. I just don't trust them any more. 

So, if XB1 is your thing, good for you mate. I'll have my Wii-U for the new Zelda and Mario Cart and PS4 will suit me just fine without Microsoft leering over me any longer. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

This is for people who want to know more about the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Sunset Overdrive;

Still at it I see...

The PS4 is as much a digital media system as the Xbox One. The PS4 simply remains a decent physical media system on top of that. PS4 invested a great deal of money in their acquisition of Geiki and developing a cloud service for the PS4. So sorry, this was a bit of a lie and spin on your part. PS4 also offers this as an optional service, you don't have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours for single player games. So no justification for the requirement for the Xbox One. 

You are correct, the 24 hour check means you only have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours. The flip side to that is the fact that Microsoft has been pushing developers to put game data onto their cloud. I don't mean save data, I mean actual game assets and such. That means when playing single player games without an internet connection will reduce the quality of some games and make others simply unplayable. You may lose nothing more than foliage, you may lose something as important as AI. Its up to what the developer decided to house on the cloud. This would be an omission on your part. 

As far as not waiting on downloads. That applies to either system. PS4 just gives you the option of keeping it connected. It isn't a requirement. If you DECIDE to keep it connected it downloads your new games, assets, updates, etc. in the background and will even preload certain things for you. Both systems get you your new shinies faster, only the PS4 gives you the option. 

It's the publishers asking for the ability to stop or limit used game sales and trading and such. Not the developers. 

Yes, you can create a family circle and share your games with them but it is looking like they will need to be a part of your Xbox Live Gold Family Plan. 

Neither game you listed is very appealing to me. I'm more looking forward to the new GT and Drive Team for my racing/driving games. 

I never said sony does not have a cloud service. Sony has bought a cloud service but the question I keep asking is what will it do with it and when will we see it?  My PS4 having optional connect it wont be the same experience. When every system has a feature the developers will use it. Every Xbox One will be connected so the developers will go wild with this. They wont if only 10% of PS4 uses keep there system always on. If none of the game intrest you then I understand because I feel the same way about PS4.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I wrote up something after all was said and done so that I don't forget my initial impressions after E3 and why I preferred something over the other in this market.

This is what I wrote about two days after the conferences of both respected companies (not edited since then and quite possibly still contains things we now know):

What I don't like about Xboxone

Bold = Speculation, rumor, question that needs answered or remains to be seen:

1) Kinect requirement

2) Authentication every 24 hours

3) No used games; limitations and complications to letting give copy away; Some features are nice, but were created to ease the complications they created.  Xboxone is imposing online authentication period, whereas PS4 is giving publishers a choice and gamers the power to boycott certain games as opposed to being forced to accept console based restrictions.

4) Little information on what will happen to Mom and Pops stores, only talks about working with large corporations like Gamestop for their used game fees initiative.

5) "We're not catering to the highest quality gaming system" comment followed by having inferior RAM and rumors stating it's three operating systems and Television operation eat of large parts of the ram that's there.

6) Don't have good internet?  That's why we have a 360 remark (While a mistake, it still gives insight enough to make an educated guess as to their overall mindset on the matter in addition to point 7 on this list.)

7)  They had to have seen this coming with the whole twitter fiasco when an employee said he didn't see the problem with it and that people should just get a better internet provider.  Hubris is the downfall of many a company.  Being out of touch with the gaming community and or the way the world is does not invoke confidence in their future ability irregardless of anything they say or initial features (still not convinced the television thing is a great thing; most gamers use netflix / youtube for entertainment now, but getting Twitch was a great move on their part).

8) Restrictions on Indie Developers (multiple reports that microsoft did not allow self publishing on the 360 and does not allow self publishing for indie developers for the xbox one despite comment "We're the best system for independant developers" Xboxone chief executive Don Mattrick states they will have some sort of indie-friendly program in place); PS3 did not have such restrictions, PS4 won't have restrictions and dedicated portions of conference to multiple indie developers to take stage and show off their games (It was kind've heartwarming in a way, and great PR for those of us who are computer gamers and have been supporting Indies the past five years).  One says, the other does and shows off in this one particular instance (and when the world was watching).

9) Installation of games (PS4 is a disc based system from the articles and won't require installation to play games; may be up to the developers/publishers in which case I would potentially boycott the individual game).

10) No cloud system for old games backwards compatibility (still in talks with Xbox one and unproven rhetoic with PS4)?

11) 100 dollars more expensive while having less power

12) If history is any indication, five years down the line we'll reach the full power of the systems; the Xboxone will be reached first, and will bottleneck the integrity of other systems.  Though we'll likely seen exclusive features much like the computer has now similar to the Hair in Tomb Raider on Computers, better physics, ultra texture packs, Anti Alias and more.

13) This brings about certain the glass ceiling argument in that the weakest link will in mainstream systems will be the deciding factor in the quality of games so that publishers can maximize profits without making multiple versions tailored to each system that plays the game.  Features that can't be supported will be omitted in it's entirety (which we see in Final Fantasy XIV with the limitations of a 8 year old system making it so some things can't be done for the PC version or taking extra development time to find workarounds).

14) Is voice activation optional?

Things I don't like for PS4

Required PS+ for most games if you want to play them online (though Xbox has this as well so they negate each other; anyone who doesn't like just won't buy a system).

No power over Third Parties (though this is a give an take as they want to be less restrictive to gamers and developers alike; this is evident in allowing self publishing for small games as well as support shown and stories from known PC developers).  The console crash decades ago occurred mainly because systems didn't have control over developers (thus the Nintendo Seal was created to assure quality) and brought about games like ET and Pac Man (which was a wildly popular arcade game, but rushed by Atari so they could get it out before the holiday season).

Things I like as a computer gamer:

Contrary to my beliefs in supporting consumer rights, if that doesn't work out and console gamers "screw themselves" and accept restriction after restriction, that will only be a positive thing for the PC Market.  Twenty-four hour authentication is worse than anything mainstream the computer has; some companies are stupid and learn quickly to convert their ways when they have 24/7 online DRM (but it is far from mainstream and I doubt any company ever again will do it due to the backlash of DIII and Sim City).  Ubisoft has pledged never to do it again, EA has expressed that they will no longer do it with future titles (such as the Sims IV), and Blizzard is making the console version of DIII not require the internet.  However those were on a case by case basis, as the PC does not inherently force you to do this like the Xbox one will (which again, will be beneficial to the PC if it becomes a mainstream restriction on the consoles).

Ending Assertion:

While Sony may screw up in the future and get some marks against them, with the good will they managed to acquire (and in a lot of cases manipulate), it will probably take some time to get the millions on the internet to think Xbox one is in the same league as PS4 both in power and consumer good will.  At the end of the day both sides want to make money, but one is pushing it's muscle and hubris around while the other is trying to do it through said consumer good will and riding the wave Microsoft is creating.

So far the two things I don't like about sony have been snuffed out by consumer good will (for me, the scenes with the indie developers, the price point and the more powerful system) whereas there are fourteen (potential) marks that Microsoft has to address before they can even start regaining consumer trust (to those who pay attention to such). 

Things to look out for in the future for Sony:  

If PS+ will have the same value it does now.  Back then it was a premium, and now it is a necessity like Microsoft's is.  There are some that are just sighing and accepting it as a new feature of the Next generation consoles, while others are only accepting it because PS+ is an amazing deal anyway.

How they treat Indie developers in the future beyond just having them appear on stage and show off their games, which five years ago wouldn't even be able to dream about going to E3 much less be on a major console conference.  While Microsoft had Minecraft (which isn't really struggling indie developer by anymeans... it's like saying Angry Birds is an struggling indie), Sony has the stage for those who have been supporters of these game developers.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Drakynn

Subjective.

I found The Order 1866 and Infamous:Second Sons more compelling than any of the truly exclusive(not coming to PC) games M$ showcased.

I am a PC gamer and don't own a xbox 360 or PS3 but when I look at exclusive IPs I find things like Infamous,God of War,Uncharted and Last of Us more compelling than Gears of War and Halo.But again that's just me and subjective.

For me I find games like Halo, Alan Wake, Gears Of War and Fable better games then Uncharted, God Of War and Infamous. I watch my son play those games all the time and if I was still maybe 16 I probably would too. Too bad those days are long gone.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Mannish Originally posted by Shauneepeak Originally posted by Mannish Originally posted by Dihoru Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options. /end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).
        I would rather have a system that's build around it from day 1 then a system that tries to add it on later. Adding things like this on just don't work.
    The PS4 already does have cloud(Gaikai) and digital download options the PS3 was the first console to have day one digital lol. Also the PS4 can stream your purchased games while they're downloading so there is no wait Microsoft has not mentioned any such feature on the X1 yet.
        Not the same.I cannot go to a friends house and play my PS4 games over PSN. Sony indeed purchased a cloud service but why? Nobody knows and they have not even said anything. Please feel free to share links of how PS4 works with there cloud service.
    Here's one: http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-will-launch-cloud-gaming-service-for-ps3-ps4-and-vita-in-2/  

Please re read what I said because that's does not answer the question I asked.

You said to share links with how the PS4 works with their cloud service. That link tells you how the PS4 will work with the Gakai cloud service. It is the only possible answer to the question, "How will the PS4 work with the Gakai cloud service?"

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

Damn, Xbox fanboy wall of text.

Wont matter tho, PS4 is gonna cream Xbox1. Heads will roll at microsoft, and they will have to do some serious soulsearching before the next generation.

Um.... Really? All we have seen of Quantic Break have been CGI cut scenes that does not prove anything the Xbox 360 CGI wise could make scenes that look better then next gen "gameplay" key there being Gameplay I do not remember seeing any gameplay for any of the next gen X1 exclusives aside from Titan Fall and Killer Instinct most of the games shown at the X1 show were multi-platform.

I never said sony does not have a cloud service. Sony has bought a cloud service but the question I keep asking is what will it do with it and when will we see it?  My PS4 having optional connect it wont be the same experience. When every system has a feature the developers will use it. Every Xbox One will be connected so the developers will go wild with this. They wont if only 10% of PS4 uses keep there system always on. If none of the game intrest you then I understand because I feel the same way about PS4.

Highly Speculative.If developers can access cloud services on PS4 there is no reason they wouldn't use them and give players ACTUAL reason to wan to be online.

That the difference  for most of us,it's not difficult for most of us to be online 24/7 but it should be our choice because there are consumer benefits for us personally to be so.

Subjective.

For me I find games like Halo, Alan Wake, Gears Of War and Fable better games then Uncharted, God Of War and Infamous. I watch my son play those games all the time and if I was still maybe 16 I probably would too. Too bad those days are long gone.

How old is your son are you actually one of those parents who let their child play games designated for 17+ and then all of us have to suffer when some idiot goes on a school shooting and the media lashes out at video games for corrupting childrens' minds when the games always shown are NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN.

Um.... Really? All we have seen of Quantic Break have been CGI cut scenes that does not prove anything the Xbox 360 CGI wise could make scenes that look better then next gen "gameplay" key there being Gameplay I do not remember seeing any gameplay for any of the next gen X1 exclusives aside from Titan Fall and Killer Instinct most of the games shown at the X1 show were multi-platform.

Then form your opinion on what you saw from both Sony and Microsoft.

Highly Speculative.If developers can access cloud services on PS4 there is no reason they wouldn't use them and give players ACTUAL reason to wan to be online.

That the difference  for most of us,it's not difficult for most of us to be online 24/7 but it should be our choice because there are consumer benefits for us personally to be so.

The 24 hour thing is just something you will have to accept because its a feature in place for developers to make better games and for your investment to be well protected. If you don't accept this then this system is just not for you. I totally understand that everything is not for everybody.

Subjective.

That's certainly your prerogative though the insinuation that Halo and Gears are somehow more mature than Uncharted and Infamous....though I God of War can be kind of juvenile I can agree there.Alan Wake Fable I played on PC and didn't find Fable that mature either.

Also listing Remedy as a source on why Xbox is a superior platform is like listing Naughty Dog as a source for why ps is superior both are bought and paid for by the respective platform.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Actually Local Gamtstop has it listed at 69.99, guess everything is more expensive in Canada. (shrugs) Still, price is about the same. So the "OMG WHy is it so expensive for XB1?!?!!?" that exploded out when the price was announced, see, it really isnt, you just cant NOT get the kinect :)

As for Sony's "Please stay with us, here take this crappy games free, as long as you give us your moneys!" isn't such a big thing.....M$ is doing it too. :) So really, no the price of the PS4 isnt cheaper without a doubt...As for Jack's quote, I've seen the spec's from AMD (whistles innocently) they can SAY whatever they want, no one is going to waste air calling him on it.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

The 24 hour thing is just something you will have to accept because its a feature in place for developers to make better games and for your investment to be well protected. If you don't accept this then this system is just not for you. I totally understand that everything is not for everybody.

Thats why i wont use it :) 

Consumers will vote with their money, and im pretty sure i will be able to say didint i say so once we will have clear results :) 

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2