Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by nickster29
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Althewiseguy
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I will just leave this here for the op. 

That was pretty quick. I guess their policies weren't actually necessary for their "forward looking" next gen console after all. :-)

I like it when consumers win. :-)

Would still rather have a PS4.

:p

yep same for me too little to late microsoft has no clue of what they are doing, windows 8 then xbox one.  I still don't want there conetix camera spying on me.  Who knows what data they are going to give big brother. 

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    You can say they listened to consumers but really we have Sony and Nintendo to thank for this about face.Still it is surprising as Microsoft always seems to be so insular and live in it's own world.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Drakynn
    You can say they listened to consumers but really we have Sony and Nintendo to thank for this about face.Still it is surprising as Microsoft always seems to be so insular and live in it's own world.

I bet some of the publishers that tried, and failed, to implement similar DRM policies explained the economic reality of doing so.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 20

Basically due to the backlash because of the imho of the new xboxes pitch. They are backpedaling on a lot of their restrictions. But ONLY because enough of a backlash was felt from the gaming community. 

Too little too late Microsoft. 

Those who put "too little too late" crap were never going to buy an xbox anyways.  They just come on here to do their little hate towards MS.  You guys whine and cry about the policies then MS goes ahead and changes them and your still not happy.  Well pretty sure MS doesnt give a damn about people like this and those who play the xbox 360 and plan on buying the xbox one really dont care about these people either.  They just feel like they are needed and feel the need to post crap.  Well thats what forums are for have fun and good luck.  

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Basically due to the backlash because of the imho of the new xboxes pitch. They are backpedaling on a lot of their restrictions. But ONLY because enough of a backlash was felt from the gaming community. 

Can you say "damage control" lol

Hopefully M$ rethinks on a lot of their new business plan, before they have a real competitor in the operating software. I still find it amazing how they completely destroyed a 30 year flight simulator franchise in a market that they completely owned.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

After the misfortune of having to deal with MS Customer Support a few times during the RROD fiasco, I will never touch another MS console....ever, not even if it gave perfect blowjobs.

The PS4 is my next gen of choice to go next to it's daddy, the PS3.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Check every 24h?? No thank you i'm not a slave of Microsoft
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by cgplayer
    Originally posted by Althewiseguy http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update I will just leave this here for the op.    Basically due to the backlash because of the imho of the new xboxes pitch. They are backpedaling on a lot of their restrictions. But ONLY because enough of a backlash was felt from the gaming community.    Too little too late Microsoft. 
    Those who put "too little too late" crap were never going to buy an xbox anyways.  They just come on here to do their little hate towards MS.  You guys whine and cry about the policies then MS goes ahead and changes them and your still not happy.  Well pretty sure MS doesnt give a damn about people like this and those who play the xbox 360 and plan on buying the xbox one really dont care about these people either.  They just feel like they are needed and feel the need to post crap.  Well thats what forums are for have fun and good luck.  

Why should people be happy with Microsoft? What they did was an insult, they know it was an insult and that's why they back tracked on it. Doesn't make the initial try any less of an insult to consumers.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    OP is gonna be really upset when he finds out Microsoft is making an Xbox 180 and basically getting rid of all their DRM/digital sharing stuff. Or, he will be secretly relieved himself.

• cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 20

I would say the insult is to those we accept that pirate/copy/burn games. Why are games so damn expensive?  Well because its ok to burn/copy/pirate them.  So a company was trying to protect that?  As for the 24 internet check, I would bet 90% of those whining and crying about have had their xbox 360, ps3 or computer hooked up to the internet for the last 6 yrs.

I would have bought one anyways, one because I dont copy/burn/pirate games,Two  I very rarely trade one in if I do its 4 so I can get one game, Three I dont remember the last time i borrowed a game to a family member especially if they havent been my friend for 30 days.  4 My xbox 360, ps3 and computer have been hooked up to the internet for the last 6 yrs.  I glad they changed for those who were truly concerned and not the trolls that are still whining and crying after they changed it.  

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I would say the insult is to those we accept that pirate/copy/burn games. Why are games so damn expensive?  Well because its ok to burn/copy/pirate them.  So a company was trying to protect that?  As for the 24 internet check, I would bet 90% of those whining and crying about have had their xbox 360, ps3 or computer hooked up to the internet for the last 6 yrs.

I would have bought one anyways, one because I dont copy/burn/pirate games,Two  I very rarely trade one in if I do its 4 so I can get one game, Three I dont remember the last time i borrowed a game to a family member especially if they havent been my friend for 30 days.  4 My xbox 360, ps3 and computer have been hooked up to the internet for the last 6 yrs.  I glad they changed for those who were truly concerned and not the trolls that are still whining and crying after they changed it.  

Honestly, for me the DRM stuff wasn't going to affect me. I would have pre-ordered an Xbone if the games for each system were reversed, because that's really what it's about.

The part I didn't care for though, was it was all just too damn confusing. I couldn't figure out how it worked, could myself and 9 friends pitch in to buy one game and all share it digitally? If I loan it to one friend can I no longer sell it used? Or is there a code to unlock it? Can I sell it to someone and he tries to sell it to someone else and the person buying it gets screwed because it's already reached it's maximum allowed users? What if GameStop buys it off of me and it's all used up?

Too confusing, and too many questions. I would have preferred one buyer, one user. PC games already work like this (for the most part) so what's the big deal? I just didn't like the convoluted sharing/selling system.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am so glad to see that this thread is still going on because we get good info like this. In a previous thread I stated that Microsoft was listening to feedback and a lot of things would change before launch. All of this has been planned for years and its still a lot more good things to come. Please keep voicing your opinions!

Original post has been updated with the new information.

Too little too late? LMAO

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I can't say I'm too surprised by the turn around. It was well warranted and really the original plans for XBox One were very.. Stupid...

Disc based purchases are good. It allows people to feel the same type of ownership over their purchases, not that online purchasing is completly wrong. It's actually quite nice to be able to wake up one morning, be too lazy or unable to find a store that's carrying a particular game you're looking for and being able to download it right to your console. We weren't upset about that part..

It's good that Microsoft bit their own bullet and did the switch back to the way things are now. This will keep their hardcores for sure and more than likely draw a good portion of those that were on the jump to Sony right back to them. Well saved there. Sony still will profit from this mishap though, can't be avoided. Microsoft still put the fear in some folks that their future policies might come right back around to the whole DRM deal, but the impact will be much less.

This is truely a small victory for the consumers, all sides really. Those that were all about the DRM at least get to keep what those that were against it were fighting for (for them really lol). It's rare that super-conglomorate corporations such as Microsoft really are forced to listen to the buyers. Most times they just do them and say fuck the little guys, but this is a pretty evident showing that the people really are the power when it's all said and done.

Imgaine what this type of thinking could do for us in our larger world view, but that's neither here or there.. for now at least. So let's take this small victory..

WE.. THE PEOPLE!!!

P.S The next time you see a DRM push for console like this. It will take at least 2 out of the 3 bigs.. Microsoft, Sony, and or Nintendo for this to fly. If the two still don't try to go with this 5-10 years down the line. Expect the same type of backlash Microsoft.. SUCK IT!!!

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34
      I did love the little side note that they are taking away the family online library sharing feature.  Although knowing how Microsoft was preaching that the Xbox Ones features were the future, we will most likely see them added back in over time until they go back to the original idea of being online/cloud focused.
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196
    Good move on their part. Now i will realy consider xbone. If they show some must have exclusive in the future i will probably buy this instead of ps4 but we will see.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

You lack a fu@# ton of logic.

I was going to 100% purchase an xbox one. I didn't even give a crap about the kinect bs. For me, it was the DRM. The fact they wanted to even head that direction shows their true colours. I know they are supposed to make money off me, that's just going to far. As an owner who still has his original xbox and 360, and no sony systems (I did have the ps2 in the past), I will be purchasing the PS4 now. 

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Originally posted by Opapanax
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Shodanas
    It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.

you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it image

You act like console games don't come with top of the line graphics, don't talk like PS3 and Xbox 360 are boasting atari sprites and pixalated foregrounds

Compare to highend PC its NO, sorry i crushed your dream.

XBOX ONE and PS4 maybe good graphics now and finally also DX11 but they even can't still compete with high end pc of this moment let alone high end PC end of the year when AMD comes with 8xxx videocards.

Desktop will always win for many reason but that don't mean its becouse of that most favorite no prolly not but its best of the best.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/13/six-reasons-the-pc-is-winning-e3/

I love how these PC elitist try to put down consoles like they are some sort of red-headed step child ready to be beaten. Sorry to inform you and crush YOUR dreams but if it wasn't for XBox and Microsoft, PC gaming wouldn't be where it is now. You know why they came up with the name XBox? It's because the Direct-Xbox was pitched to Ed Fries to create a console that ran a Windowless version of Windows for gaming. Check out this read to broaden your scope of things.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by EightBitNinja
      I did love the little side note that they are taking away the family online library sharing feature.  Although knowing how Microsoft was preaching that the Xbox Ones features were the future, we will most likely see them added back in over time until they go back to the original idea of being online/cloud focused.

Funny thing is...every system ever created since the dawn of console has a family library sharing feature albeit it's not online. It's called taking the damn game disc with you! I mean with that stupid online feature only ONE person can log in at a time. So if I log in and start playing Metal Gear Solid V and my kid goes to her friend's house, she's sh!t out of luck until I'm done playing, call her up and say she's clear to log in. Yeah.....real cool feature image

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by laserit
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Phry Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.  
    you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.   and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it
      personally, I can't think of a single aaa pc exclusive that is a must have and also has such amazing graphics that put current gen consoles to shame.
    I know of many...

It really depends what your into

http://www.prepar3d.com/images/

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/home/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYQ4CaXH9c

Amazing what you can do with a PC or two

lol flight simulators? That's pretty funny :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by laserit

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.   and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it
      personally, I can't think of a single aaa pc exclusive that is a must have and also has such amazing graphics that put current gen consoles to shame.
    I know of many...

It really depends what your into

http://www.prepar3d.com/images/

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/home/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYQ4CaXH9c

Amazing what you can do with a PC or two

lol flight simulators? That's pretty funny :)

Yea, even I was amused at that one.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Actually in the context he used that it was perfectly suitable.I think something just went flying over your head.

Actually the context is different between the two, in actual context he did do what he said he did because he was the biggest pusher of the creation of ARPNET which became the first network to use packet switching with TCP/IP and became the backbone of the modern internet. But...it seems that went over your head...perhaps much of the English language does if you cant understand the difference between "invented" and "created". One being original thought and the other being brought into being.

He was one of the many that brought it into being and even Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn credit him for making the internet as it is today with the bills he pushed and studies he did to promote it. Like the very first internet bill S 2594 back in 1986...by Gore.

Too many people don't freaking get the fact that what you are using today, wasn't implemented until 1993 and came out of the GORE BILL of 1991. Hell, even the man that invented the original ARPA stated that if it wasn't for Gore ARPANET wouldn't exist on a national level let alone a gobal one.

Damn both of you for making me defend that man and reminding me he wasn't a total waste and did some good.

Sure you could look at it in a factual way but I don't think Iselin was referring to the facts but the internet meme that "Al Gore invented the Internet" now is

Sadly he tried to use it as an example to try to discredit someones comment.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

I love how these PC elitist try to put down consoles like they are some sort of red-headed step child ready to be beaten. Sorry to inform you and crush YOUR dreams but if it wasn't for XBox and Microsoft, PC gaming wouldn't be where it is now. You know why they came up with the name XBox? It's because the Direct-Xbox was pitched to Ed Fries to create a console that ran a Windowless version of Windows for gaming. Check out this read to broaden your scope of things.

Odd, and here I thought I had been playing great PC games going all the back to the mid 80s.

Thanks for teaching me the error of my ways, I owe all my PC gaming to the Xbox and no, NVidia and ATI did not exist before the XBOX, PC gaming is new. I feel so broadened by having learned this.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Really no surprise, but I find it funny how this thread started as excuses why online connects every 24 hours were necessary to MS being really good listeners. 

Kudos to MS for not continuing to shoot themselves in the foot. Especially when it was in their mouth so often over the past week. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I live in Serbia, and it's still too early to tell if I will be able to "activate" Xbox One on release.

I've bought Xbox360 some years ago and to be able to use the Xbox Live I had to go and enter the fake UK address.

Same goes for online features with PS3, some smaller (and poorer) countries just aren't supported, you HAVE to lie about your residence when registering.

Now with Xbox One it seems like not one game will be playable until I register for Xbox Live, which is anyone's guess if I will be able to at all.

In that aspect, PS4 is STILL ahead of Xbox One. No online registering required to be able to play disc games.