Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3
    Originally posted by piquet

Sorry if this was already answered. I'm not going to get an Xbox1, but I'm still curious what will happen if you disconnect your X-Box 1 for a few days?

Your games will not play until it pings home. The TV features work though. Once you ping home, you'll be good to play for another 24 hours until you must check in again.

Okay thanks ;-)

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Well that pretty much solidifies what I already knew .... yep, getting a Ps4. It amazes me that people continue to pay more for less in return. OOOOO I can trade my game once ... but the next guy is screwed and stuck with it. Sounds good .... for the company.
  • Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Mannish
    My work is pretty much done here. . For the people that I did not reply to either your post was just a basic Xbox One sucks post or what you asked had already been answered in the original post.  I hope everybody has enjoyed my presentation.image

Either way you fix up the XB1 it is bad for consumers period! I'm not getting this facination with Apple/Google that M$ seems to follow! They changed Windows 8 like an IOS/Android setup, tried to has a M$ Streaming Bos, Zune anyone, Windows mobile, and even worst during the Xbox 1 reveal and E3 presentation they were trying to dress hipster like with blazers and jeans! Just stop it M$ and be your own company!

In the End M$ will spend all of their funds buying up useless companies like Web-tv, Skype, and ect that will fold.

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

At least it was more interesting than  the usual 100 Sandbox good Themepark bad or Game X sucks and Game Y rules threads we get here everyday.

Hehe

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    My work is pretty much done here. . For the people that I did not reply to either your post was just a basic Xbox One sucks post or what you asked had already been answered in the original post.  I hope everybody has enjoyed my presentation.image

Oh I have XBox 360 at home and this will probably be the last M$ console that I bought from them. I am very inclined to buy PS4 though ...very good presentation indeed.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by piquet

Sorry if this was already answered. I'm not going to get an Xbox1, but I'm still curious what will happen if you disconnect your X-Box 1 for a few days?

Skynet comes in and kills you and your dog for not complying with it's regulation! They will send in the new terminator Xbox One Go Home!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

The biggest drawback for me is the fact that when they eventually turn off the servers then not one MMO but a whole collection of games will be gone and the world will end up with a few million grim bits of metal and plastic to recycle.

Also this DRM may come into affect on the PS4 too , they are leaving it up to the publishers.

The thing I like about the PS4 is that they have removed that cash for client updates thing , thank god and the fact they are letting indie games release games for it without a publisher. Microsoft demand a publisher and still charge for those client updates , doh.

Anyways games matter but those Microsoft restrictions are going to hit them hard , unless they change some of them.

Cheers,

BadOrb. 

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Microsoft and Sony as all do devs . People want the ioption and don't want to feel like their privacy is being infringed on , period . A company can put out the greatest think since chocolate ice cream , if it looks and smells like an infringement on privacy people are going to avoid it. That's why PS 4 is better then Xbox One.  You can come on here and talk up the tech all you want , it won't be entering my house. On top of that I'll advise everyone I know to avoid it also.  To say that the check in daily is required is ridiculous. I can go months without turning on a PC and it updates, a consequence of going months with it off.  How is this new console different then todays PC. Why is that Microsoft is making this so difficult ?

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    So if I'm spankin the monkey will the XboxONE be watching and recording me? image

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    So if I'm spankin the monkey will the XboxONE be watching and recording me? image

Potentially and you might get the ASPCA knocking on your door. =P

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by Khebeln

First of all PS4 will be 100$ cheaper than Xbox One according to what we heard on E3. To top it of it will be significantly smaller compared to Xbox One.

When it comes to hardware features PS4 Offers same or better ones, with less limitations. This chart from IGN says it all.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

To top it off PS4 will have no region locks, will use cloud sharing to, and will not be limited by any silly methods in any way compared to the new Microsoft console.

Now hardware wise according to many sources like this one http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 clearly shows that not only PS4 will have slightly faster CPU (10-20%) but faster memory and much faster GPU (up to 30-50%)

Now if you consider all that, why would you ever want to buy xbox one, other than for exclusive titles ?

^ This.

I may add ...

1. XBOX live is not steam because there is no offline playing. You brick your console if you go offline. There are no sales as cheap as on Steam, there never will be trust me, Microsoft is not a charity.

2. A non-serviceable 500 GB HDD for games alone is a joke. The Last of Us, the current TOP game is 40 GB in size. Do the math. You also don't have all the 500GB because the 3 Operating Systems that no one really needs will use RAM and HDD.

3. RAM and Processing power is shared with 3 Operating systems. 3GB RAM gone after booting. With lower specs this is even more reason to not buy it.

4. No benefit from any of this digital nonesense. If you can name me ONE feature or benefit i get from that all digital library, JUST ONE that i do not have with physical discs. I dare you.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Why are you so concerned with privacy if you have nothing to hide? - why '1984' is a bad thing.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Why are you so concerned with privacy if you have nothing to hide? - why '1984' is a bad thing.

If only George Orwell could have seen how his vision of the future has actually been coming true ever since 1984.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by bbethel

Im not going to write a wall of text that most people wont even read. 

For me PS4 has MMos coming to it.

Xbox One does Not.

Xbox One is ditching the independent game developers and XBLA on January 1 Xbox drops all support for that service.

Ps4 is telling any independent developer to come on down.

These are two things that are making me ditch my xbox for sony.

Also what happens to my xbox one when MS decides to turn off their server for a new xbox?? will i be able to play game after that?? Is the xbox one going to be able to even run when MS stops supporting it?

I know in 15 years i can unbox my xbox 360 and put in any game any be able to play it. 

Xbox one is getting mmo's too. ESO will come out on both systems. The 360 is getting world of tanks. They're talking about doing a F2P fable mmo as well. So the no mmo talk is invalid. PS4 might have more since SONY has SOE which is cool if they get those games on PS4. Also if state of decay does really good they are going to turn it into a mmo. I hope so because that game is really good.

Well PS4 is very likely to get the DayZ standalone while Dean Hall has already stated he was interested in the Xbox One as well but did not like Microsoft's way of handling Indie developers. I know for many people that might sell them on the PS4 right there.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54644/dayz-creator-in-talks-with-microsoft-sony-interested-in-ps4-port

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

^^ bottom line

gameplay > graphics

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

I'll be buying both systems, so I guess I'll get the best of both worlds.

I do recall however, many years ago, when PS3 was coming out and many of my friends were telling me - hey the PS3 has better hardware than the 360!  Better graphics power and free on-line portal!

Well, guess which system ended up sitting on my entertainment center collecting dust 98% of the time???  The PS3.  The graphics power didn't mean anything - all the games that came out on both systems looked pretty much identical.  Xbox Live was by FAR a better on-line portal than the Playstation network.  No wonder Sony didn't charge for their on-line, if they did, no one would have paid for it. 

Then PSN got hacked...and I got 2 free games out of it because Sony wanted to make up for 77 million users private data being stolen. 

The point is - it's really hard to judge until you see what happens after the launch of the system.  Xbox Live has been an outstanding on-line service, the PS4 will be more powerful CPU/GPU wise.  Will it make a difference?

Privacy concerns are understandable.  But then the PSN hack keeps creeping back into my thoughts...

But like I said, luckily I'm in a position that I can afford both systems and will benefit from that. 

I wonder which system will collect the most dust this time around?  :)

-Briz

• sunshadow21sunshadow21 Member UncommonPosts: 357

Most publishers and dev's want this type of system, so don't hate on just MS its the all of them.

That is the part that should be interesting to see how things play out with. Publishers and devs want cash, and could care less about how they get it. There was a time when they were perfectly willing to support the current system because it brought them tons and tons of cash. Now that the aftermarket, which was created and sustained in part by their own past actions, has grown up and started to take a chunk of their money, they are upset, and want to change things, and many apparently think that all they have to do is cut off the used game market, and they'll be back in the money. What they don't seem to understand is that the Madden 20xx model of churning out cheap game series where individual games have comparatively less value, and being able to charge top dollar for them anyway, only works with the presence of the used game market. A big, big, big part of the value that consumers see in rushing out and buying brand new console games on release day is the certainty that they can can recoup some, or all, of their costs down the line after they have finished playing the game; take that away, and you're not going to find very many people willing to pay $60 for a game that lasts on average a few weeks. This means that the very people complaining about consumers having cheap access to games are either going to have to lower their own prices for new games, causing them to lose money, lose customers, also causing them to lose money, or invest more money in the quality of the games they are producing so that consumers are willing to pay the same prices they are currently, effectively reducing their overall profit. In any event, the days of being able to rake in tons of profit while churning out cheap games seems destined to end one way or another; they either have to start sharing the pie more or accept a smaller pie. However it plays out, I see a lot of suits at these companies trying to explain to their investors that the bubble has burst, and the question is not if profits are going to go down, but rather which available solution reduces profit the least.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

I also forgot to say Xbox 360 arcade games don't port over to my Xbox One account is a big thing to me. I have close to 50 XBOX live arcade games and i will not be able to play them on my XBOX one that suxs big time.

I under stand the Disk not being able to play on the new system MS is afraid if people copying there games. We all know how the music industry is doing since they have been trying to stop people from sharing there music. 

But my Xbox Live Arcade games not being able to be played on the Xbox One makes no since to me. Xbox one should be able to play all the Downloaded arcade game form xbox 360.

I don't know what MS is thinking this time around.

OHH!! wait its suites and Non Gamer's that run Xbox Division now.

Its all about collecting $$$ for MS and not about games any more so sad for a great Gaming division to go down that road after one successful system. 

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Brizlyn

I do recall however, many years ago, when PS3 was coming out and many of my friends were telling me - hey the PS3 has better hardware than the 360!  Better graphics power and free on-line portal!

Well, guess which system ended up sitting on my entertainment center collecting dust 98% of the time???  The PS3.  The graphics power didn't mean anything - all the games that came out on both systems looked pretty much identical.  Xbox Live was by FAR a better on-line portal than the Playstation network.  No wonder Sony didn't charge for their on-line, if they did, no one would have paid for it. 

Then PSN got hacked...and I got 2 free games out of it because Sony wanted to make up for 77 million users private data being stolen. 

The point is - it's really hard to judge until you see what happens after the launch of the system.  Xbox Live has been an outstanding on-line service, the PS4 will be more powerful CPU/GPU wise.  Will it make a difference?

Privacy concerns are understandable.  But then the PSN hack keeps creeping back into my thoughts...

But like I said, luckily I'm in a position that I can afford both systems and will benefit from that. 

-Briz

I'm lucky enough to afford both as well, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to buy them both. Hacked or watched? Both are bad in my eyes. I don't want either happening to me. Funny thing is, I whether I get hacked or not is under my control for the most part (unless a hacker really, really wants my info) but getting watched and data mined by a electronic eye and console is only under my control until a game requires the eye or the console requires a check-in.

Furthermore, the minute you install that game on the X1 (it won't work until you do) you just lost control of your purchase. Welcome to being at the whelms of their database. Where your every gaming move will be gathered, process and onscreen ads will be custom tailored to blast you with suggestions. This is why they want you to hook up your TV, install your games and control it all with voice recognition from one single box...their box. And I'll have no part in it...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Silverbarr

I think many of us are in shock and awe at the ridiculous statements you have made and the lack of understanding you have. Enjoy your life though.

^This x10

I see no comments about anyone being converted by what he said, if anything it made them go out and confirm that he was omitting everything that confirm exactly what is being said about the system. I guess his work was nothing more than to come here and create a long thread.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Silverbarr

I think many of us are in shock and awe at the ridiculous statements you have made and the lack of understanding you have. Enjoy your life though.

^This x10

I see no comments about anyone being converted by what he said, if anything it made them go out and confirm that he was omitting everything that confirm exactly what is being said about the system. I guess his work was nothing more than to come here and create a long thread.

I think there was actually one random guy like 6-10 pages back. . .

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Brizlyn

-Briz

Thankfully I and many others are in a position that they can afford both. I'm just not dumb enough to buy a system with little to offer besides redundant features and a handful of exclusives that I'm mostly not interested in while shoving a bunch of negatives on me as well. 

As for a home media center that plays games PC > Xbox One

As for a game console PS4 > Xbox One

A funny thing to note here is that the PSN got hacked because of a perceived slight against consumer and user rights. Who's doing that this time around? Oh thats right, Xbox One lol... Xbox Live has been hacked before, but they really have painted a target on their back this time around. Hackers and modders alike are likely to have a lot of fun with the Xbox One and Xbox Live. 

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

The 24 hour ping isn't just for game DRM. Its for the box itself. They want to stop the mods and the cheaters on xbox live and this will do it. Not that they won't try and they will but they won't succeed this time. It was so easy to soft mod the 360 and still play online with cheats. So they came up with this. I'm not sure if many of you played COD MW2 on 360 but that had a crazy hack. If you played with someone that had this hack it would infect your xbox, then you would pass it to the next person and so on. MS couldn't pin point anyone so they started banning people who did nothing but play the game. They final killed the hack but it screwed a lot of gamer's up. So when I see that they want to ping the system to stop things like this and keep the multiplayer  games hack free I'm all for it. Those people will  go and do it on PS4. Sony will come up with some way to stop them and it could end up being something similar.

In the end gamer's will choose the system that fits them the best. I just see a lot of hate over a gaming console that's just not needed. Its a waste of energy and people could be doing more constructive thing but its the age of the internet and hate. We should just rename it to HATENET since that's all I every see anymore.

I'll be getting both in do time since they are both great consoles and have great games I want to play. I want the games and won't sweat the small things.

This is said every time something new is tried and every time it is utterly false... Usually within 60 days of release. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This thread screams of an XBOX PR guy trying to convert a few peeps on the internet.

Nothing mentioned in the OP is new, and it still skirts ALL of the main issues people have with the current info on the XBOX one. The whole 'always-on' '24 hr checkin' part of the OP illustrates this quite clearly. Furthermore the way microsoft is implementing cloud computing is not a strength, it's a weakness. PS4 is giving users the option to download digitally or own a  hard copy. Xbox isn't.

It's pretty clear that Microsoft (just like EA) did not learn from Steam's success correctly. They only see the dollar signs, and don't seem to actually understand why Steam is so successful. Steam has offline mode, it has constant sales to keep people interested. Furthermore, Steam had a fairly large backlash when it came out. And this was at a time when it literally had no competition. If it didn't have some fairly major titles carrying the distrubution platform (TF2, HL2, CS:Source, etc. etc.) it likely wouldn't still be around to evolve into what it is today.

Cloud gaming will indeed likely be the future, but it's got to evolve over time. Trying to cram it down gamers throats all at once is about as effective as trying to feed a vegan a 12 course steak dinner. Companies need to be very careful about how they proceed with such technology, and they need to do it in bite sized amounts. Microsoft should learn from Sony. Sony has features that are also moving in that direction, but they are taking steps to ensure it's as user friendly as possible.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I am going to preface this by saying that there is no way in hell that I am going to purchase an XBox One.

However, for the people that feel like once Microsoft shuts down their server service for Xbox One that they will lose access to their games because of the online requirement, Microsoft will likely just remove the online requirement for XBox One at that point. The idea that they would choose to turn it into a brick instead of removing the requirement is a little too tinfoil hat for me to accept.