Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is excellent

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't think you played much of either if you think OTHER games were more innovative because FF is the game that is more innovative.

As for FFXIV i said all along it is a great game,just not the game i wanted to see.FFXI imo is a better game but FFXIV definitely looks better and does have a lot going for it when comparing it to other games.

The only thing the FF series has never catered to is pvp and imo that is the smartest thing a developer could do.PVP inside of rpg's is never done even half as good as i expect it to be done,so imo a waste of time.Also when you cater to pvp you always ruin some of the PVE aspect as neither support the dynamics of each.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by Murugan

So do mobs in FFXIV and other MMORPG's so how is that new?  To me it is not worth giving up the rich complexity which stat/RPG abilities can give.  I've responded about this in another thread, I'm well aware of action combat and active dodging.  I've played TERA/GW2 (which was much worse) etc., as well as better single player action games which use this combat.  It is ONLY about mastering the system and then applying it to fights which are predictable.  In an RPG however there is just more depth, that is my opinion.  I get the "challenge" i'm not bad at First Person Shooters or action games, I just prefer the depth of an RPG when I'm playing an MMORPG.

I need that depth to warrant me paying a monthly subscription to play in this universe they created.

I don't think there's very much complexity in invisible dice rolls compared to game mechanics that revolve around player skill. Besides, why can't an action game be complex and have depth? I'm just not sure I understand what you mean by depth. If you're talking about depth of combat and think that action games don't offer as much as a standard RPG, then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point. If you're talking about depth in a general game mechanics sense, then I will disagree because a combat system alone does not have anything to do with the overall depth of a game. 

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

So do mobs in FFXIV and other MMORPG's so how is that new?  To me it is not worth giving up the rich complexity which stat/RPG abilities can give.  I've responded about this in another thread, I'm well aware of action combat and active dodging.  I've played TERA/GW2 (which was much worse) etc., as well as better single player action games which use this combat.  It is ONLY about mastering the system and then applying it to fights which are predictable.  In an RPG however there is just more depth, that is my opinion.  I get the "challenge" i'm not bad at First Person Shooters or action games, I just prefer the depth of an RPG when I'm playing an MMORPG.

I need that depth to warrant me paying a monthly subscription to play in this universe they created.

I don't think there's very much complexity in invisible dice rolls compared to game mechanics that revolve around player skill. Besides, why can't an action game be complex and have depth? I'm just not sure I understand what you mean by depth. If you're talking about depth of combat and think that action games don't offer as much as a standard RPG, then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point. If you're talking about depth in a general game mechanics sense, then I will disagree because a combat system alone does not have anything to do with the overall depth of a game. 

Life is probability first of all, and this isn't dungeons and dragons we are not simply performing Attack.  RPG have a myriad of abilities with varying effects, it is about using them appropriately.  And RPG players are so good at coming up with new ways to use them that we consistently innovate combat in our MMO's and actually keep the developers on their toes designing new content to challenge us.

Hack and slash is just the combat, much like in real life a person learning to shoot a gun, or swing a melee weapon, and move out of the way of attacks (but strangely not how to take a punch which is something most in "melee" combat learn).  Except it is a poor simulation of real combat, oh wow I can control the direction of my swing, or whatever.  It is a novelty but that is it, you master it and you are done.  For an action MMO to be worth a subscription you would have to innovate the combat system regularly, and then adapt your encounters to utilize the new systems so that people have to deliberate how to adapt.  To simply learn reaction to stimulus in a video game whether it is a shooter or "action" combat" is a pretty short curve because the mechanics themselves are simple. 

The less linear/short term challenge in action games does come from PvP I guess, but here you are again just matching your "skill" at aiming and pressing usually 1 button maybe a couple 1/10ths of a second faster to determine the victor in this "ultiamte challenge".  I get it, it's kinda fun as a different type of game.  It's not worth a subscription to me though because ultimate mouse wars is not my "fantasy" I want to spend tens-hundreds possibly of hours a month in.  That "fantasy" is getting together with a group of friends and killing a challenging encounter using impossible feats to match impossible feats.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Kilrain

I did not intend to spark any arguments with my question, so I apologize for that, but all of the information that flowed because of them was actually quite good. The game sounds better than the typical theme park guided rail game so that's a big plus. Another thing that concerns me, while not serious, is instances. I think having them is a big negative when it comes to MMO's (personal opinion here) because they take away from interaction in a big way. To what extent does ARR use instances, assuming that it does? Are all zones instanced or just dungeons? I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy "fighting" for spawns and getting the last blow on that super rare mob. A rare spawn should be a rare spawn, a rare drop should be a rare drop, and we shouldn't be separating people with artificial walls.. 

Ranting, anyway, in what manner does ARR use instances?

All of the dungeons are instanced too.

Originally posted by Magiknight

I did not intend to spark any arguments with my question, so I apologize for that, but all of the information that flowed because of them was actually quite good. The game sounds better than the typical theme park guided rail game so that's a big plus. Another thing that concerns me, while not serious, is instances. I think having them is a big negative when it comes to MMO's (personal opinion here) because they take away from interaction in a big way. To what extent does ARR use instances, assuming that it does? Are all zones instanced or just dungeons? I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy "fighting" for spawns and getting the last blow on that super rare mob. A rare spawn should be a rare spawn, a rare drop should be a rare drop, and we shouldn't be separating people with artificial walls.. 

No there are open world dungeons too, like the beastman strongholds and some others.  In ARR they center around certain FATE events that are found inside apparently.  But they are very much open world dungeons with bosses, and event challenges that drop rewards/loot and you can go in with a group of people and defeat all these things.   So a typical open world dungeon (though no claim wars on bosses due to the FATE system).

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I haven't gotten far, but what I see I really enjoy. It runs smooth, the character creation is very nice, and overall the world from what I have seen is living up to the Final Fantasy franchise. 

My biggest concern, just like with any other release, is that players tend to forget it is an rpg with thousands of people in it. To me the RPG should come first (RPGMMO), but most players don't see it that way. I'm hoping everyone slows down and plays it as it was meant to be and not an fps, or ridicule it like they did with GW2 because it wasn't capable of running 40 man raids. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Magiknight

No there are open world dungeons too, like the beastman strongholds and some others.  In ARR they center around certain FATE events that are found inside apparently.  But they are very much open world dungeons with bosses, and event challenges that drop rewards/loot and you can go in with a group of people and defeat all these things.   So a typical open world dungeon (though no claim wars on bosses due to the FATE system).

So there will be multiple groups each doing their own thing and maybe even lone people wondering around the same dungeon at the same time?

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I'm not going to get into a pros vs cons microscopic dissection of this game at the moment because I'm enjoying my time in game & don't feel like taking the time to do so. I just wanted to jump in & say that the game has one thing most games lack in my opinion. The fun factor. So far, the game is fun to play.

Give it a try if you can & find out for yourself. It's worth a shot, which is more than I can say about most games.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

It's not perfect, but it's leagues better than 1.0 was.  Here's my rundown:

+  Probably the best looking MMO that also suffers no performance hitches even when you have multiple players active on screen.  The game didn't hiccup once.

+  Many skills aren't animation locked so you can move around and attack at the same time.

+  Lots of classes.

+  Nifty features like dynamic events (called Fate)

+  Fantastic music

+  Many frustrating systems from FFXIV 1.0 were removed or improved upon to be less frustating.

+  Very polished, few bugs.

+  Has group oriented content early in the game and lots of it.

+  Swapping between jobs is instant and you can save various gear sets.

-  Forced solo instancing and very specific group sizes for group instancing.  The game will not allow you to try to underman content or bring your friend in to help you with difficult solo content.

-  Not enough quests when you level your second job.  Yes, there are 3 areas to quest in but I quickly exhausted all the quests I could up to level 21 after leveling my gladiator there and switching to Conjurer and leveling that to 20.  Yes, this included going to all 3 city areas and searching for quests in each "hub".  Trying to level a 3rd or 4th job is going to be a nightmare as the pace on hunting achievements, FATEs, and leves alone for anyone but a super casual (leve allowances reset daily) is going to take some serious grinding.

-  Combat is much faster paced than 1.0, but it's still fairly slow.  Many classes boil down to using the same 2 skills on rotation over and over again with occasional use of actions from other jobs you've leveled especially in solo play.  Groups are often a bit better.

-  Going through the main storyline is MANDATORY to unlock several things, which forces you to do both solo and group content, thus it may be frustrating for players who don't like doing one or the other.

-  Telegraphed attacks still hit you unless you run out of the telegraph 1 second before the cast bar ends.  This was experienced by everyone (~15+ people) in my gaming community's TS.  This is probably a good candidate for something that will get fixed before release though.

-  A few systems poorly explained.  As someone who played 1.0 before legacy I had to constantly ask how things work over TS.  There really isn't a good tutorial in place for anything.

• Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    Massive improvement I can't wait for open beta.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Ujirik

That's actually incredibly surprising.  FFXIV was originally a game that just threw you in the world and told you to go explore with virtually no quests or direction.  Honestly, that was my favorite aspect of the game.  Kind of disappointed to hear that it's just a linear quest grind now.

Yeah, you can choose to play Rift by just doing Rifts or dungeons or whatever, but I think most people would say the game was a linear quest hub game. Fates are very similar to rifts and leves are just repeatable quests. Meh, it doesn't really matter, there will be an open beta at some point and everyone will see for themselves what it's like.

You're being very misleading here. Whether it's deliberate or not, I don't know.

What I"m saying is, I'm not being sent along a very deliberate and obvious path from "Quest Hub A" to "Quest Hub B" to "Quest Hub C" in ARR. It's not set up like that.

I'm being sent all over the region, between the city zones and the wilderness zones, doing a vareity of things. ARR's zones are not set up like other, more linear, MMOs where "This zone is for levels 1-10, this one is for levels 10-20", and then there are quest hubs directing you like a guided tour between them.

I've gone to locations to do some quests and then had to come back to them later because new quests had opened up that weren't there before, involving higher level content than I'd done the last time through. That's not "linear".

It's not "linear" because I could have done those quests. However, I could have ignored them and gone to do the quests in another area instead. I could also have ignored quests and chased FATEs around for a while. I could also have ignored all that and focused on my storyline missions. I could also have picked up some Leves and knocked a handful of those out. When I'm of level, I can also do dungeons and mix things up with that. And so on. All of those activities reward XP and they're all viable means of leveling.

That is not "inear quest hub grinding". That's "providing a variety of content at all levels, and letting the player decide how they want to mix and match".

There are quests scattered all around the map, in the major Aetheryte camps, in the smaller locations (like the Coffer and Coffin in Thanalan), or like a small section with a few tents. Content is scattered all over, for a variety of quest levels.

Like I said, if someone chooses to play it like a linear quest grind, then they could certainly choose to seek out the quests in a more guided "quest hub" like manner. But then that doesn't make the game a linear quest grind. It makes their choice of playstyle a linear quest grind.

I would call Rift a linear questgrind MMO because it is a linear quest grind MMO. Same with TERA. They send you along very deliberate paths from one quest hub to the next. You clear out the quests in one hub, you move on to the next... it's a very deliberate and obvious progression. ARR is not set up like that.

Umm I think it is you who is being misleading here. I played the original 14, and have been in every beta, and you most certainly do get sent from hub to hub in ARR. One of the biggest complaints about 1.0 was that it was easy to get lost and not know where you were supposed to be. ARR is pretty much identical to Rift in that its a hub hopper with minor distractions (FATES, leves etc).

It is VERY linear. What you are argueing is that no MMOs are linear, I mean in WoW you don't need to go to those hubs.... you could just do a dungeon or grind instead? I mean, that's not linear? Right?

Very misleading. It is linear, just because you can choose to circumvent it via less productive means, doesn't mean that its not linear.

I like the game, I will definitely play it at launch and I am continuing to help out with bug reporting and feedback, but to claim that it is not linear is very disingenuous at best, and outright deceitful at worst.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by evilastro

That's actually incredibly surprising.  FFXIV was originally a game that just threw you in the world and told you to go explore with virtually no quests or direction.  Honestly, that was my favorite aspect of the game.  Kind of disappointed to hear that it's just a linear quest grind now.

Yeah, you can choose to play Rift by just doing Rifts or dungeons or whatever, but I think most people would say the game was a linear quest hub game. Fates are very similar to rifts and leves are just repeatable quests. Meh, it doesn't really matter, there will be an open beta at some point and everyone will see for themselves what it's like.

You're being very misleading here. Whether it's deliberate or not, I don't know.

What I"m saying is, I'm not being sent along a very deliberate and obvious path from "Quest Hub A" to "Quest Hub B" to "Quest Hub C" in ARR. It's not set up like that.

I'm being sent all over the region, between the city zones and the wilderness zones, doing a vareity of things. ARR's zones are not set up like other, more linear, MMOs where "This zone is for levels 1-10, this one is for levels 10-20", and then there are quest hubs directing you like a guided tour between them.

I've gone to locations to do some quests and then had to come back to them later because new quests had opened up that weren't there before, involving higher level content than I'd done the last time through. That's not "linear".

It's not "linear" because I could have done those quests. However, I could have ignored them and gone to do the quests in another area instead. I could also have ignored quests and chased FATEs around for a while. I could also have ignored all that and focused on my storyline missions. I could also have picked up some Leves and knocked a handful of those out. When I'm of level, I can also do dungeons and mix things up with that. And so on. All of those activities reward XP and they're all viable means of leveling.

That is not "inear quest hub grinding". That's "providing a variety of content at all levels, and letting the player decide how they want to mix and match".

There are quests scattered all around the map, in the major Aetheryte camps, in the smaller locations (like the Coffer and Coffin in Thanalan), or like a small section with a few tents. Content is scattered all over, for a variety of quest levels.

Like I said, if someone chooses to play it like a linear quest grind, then they could certainly choose to seek out the quests in a more guided "quest hub" like manner. But then that doesn't make the game a linear quest grind. It makes their choice of playstyle a linear quest grind.

I would call Rift a linear questgrind MMO because it is a linear quest grind MMO. Same with TERA. They send you along very deliberate paths from one quest hub to the next. You clear out the quests in one hub, you move on to the next... it's a very deliberate and obvious progression. ARR is not set up like that.

Umm I think it is you who is being misleading here. I played the original 14, and have been in every beta, and you most certainly do get sent from hub to hub in ARR. One of the biggest complaints about 1.0 was that it was easy to get lost and not know where you were supposed to be. ARR is pretty much identical to Rift in that its a hub hopper with minor distractions (FATES, leves etc).

It is VERY linear. What you are argueing is that no MMOs are linear, I mean in WoW you don't need to go to those hubs.... you could just do a dungeon or grind instead? I mean, that's not linear? Right?

Very misleading. It is linear, just because you can choose to circumvent it via less productive means, doesn't mean that its not linear.

I like the game, I will definitely play it at launch and I am continuing to help out with bug reporting and feedback, but to claim that it is not linear is very disingenuous at best, and outright deceitful at worst.

played 1.0, multiple level 50's and the camps and game itself was much more quest hub imo as well, again im considering for the level we have been given to test at phase 3 compared to that same level of 1.0.  And i never got lost ONCE in 1.0, how could you the maps were filled with such meaningless emptiness, anything of note in the world typically WAS where you needed to go since the rest of the zone was typically needless clutter.

I find your post the most misleading of the thread because you attempt to make comparisons to games in which in my honest opinion i disagree with 100%.

LIke someone posted in here the quests are much more story driven, the information attained is more pertinent and valuable, and i have already traveled to different camps and ignored several quests along my path because i found them uninteresting or not worth my time, as opposed to swtor/WoW where you gather as many in the area as u can and just mash em out to grind.

I've also spent time doing FATES or just practicing/enjoying the combat system, this world to me feels quite a bit less linear than 1.0 AT THE EARLY LEVELS, because thats really all we can speak on until next weekend

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by jskeets916
    Originally posted by evilastro

played 1.0, multiple level 50's and the camps and game itself was much more quest hub imo as well, again im considering for the level we have been given to test at phase 3 compared to that same level of 1.0.  And i never got lost ONCE in 1.0, how could you the maps were filled with such meaningless emptiness, anything of note in the world typically WAS where you needed to go since the rest of the zone was typically needless clutter.

I find your post the most misleading of the thread because you attempt to make comparisons to games in which in my honest opinion i disagree with 100%.

LIke someone posted in here the quests are much more story driven, the information attained is more pertinent and valuable, and i have already traveled to different camps and ignored several quests along my path because i found them uninteresting or not worth my time, as opposed to swtor/WoW where you gather as many in the area as u can and just mash em out to grind.

I've also spent time doing FATES or just practicing/enjoying the combat system, this world to me feels quite a bit less linear than 1.0 AT THE EARLY LEVELS, because thats really all we can speak on until next weekend

I have to agree with you 100%. There is some linear aspect to it of course, as it helps new players find their way in the world by leading them (very subtly and well done I might add) from camp to camp with active events mixed in. However, there are many other choices that can be made on how to spend your time. It is really unfair of the previous poster to say that these are unproductive, since dungeons and other activities can actually be extremely rewarding. Since you have one character for all jobs/crafts etc., it is actually even more rewarding than other games.

Phase 3 beta opened my eyes about how far FFXIV has come to looking like a real game, especially with the beginning story scenes when first entering your city (anyone who has played phase 3 knows what I'm talking about). And the character creation is one of the most enjoyable I have ever used. Both myself and two of my friends stopped playing after a few hours because we decided we will definitely be getting it and didn't want to spoil anymore story/quests for launch.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I'm just going to say it I feel it's good enough to buy a second time (since I didn't get legacy) for the early access).
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Is it a good game: Yes

Is it something special:: Not in the innovation sense, but in the "there is just a feeling sense".

Is it Linear: Yes it is, the quests are generic but the npc dialog makes up for it. Believe me its almost on par with how good the dialog is in TSW. Yes its that good.

Who should avoid this game: Pvpers, mmo players who are not there for the rpg part. This is an mmoRPG, those who don't like Final Fantasy games. Those who don't like to or cannot read. Those with little patience who want to speed run through to endgame. If this is you stay out of this game.

Who should by this game: Roleplayers, Final Fantasy fans. Those longing for the days of Vanilla WoW. Those who actually like to read, and those who haven't liked the more recent FF games. If you are an old school FF fan from the SNES days then this is the game for you. Same goes for fans of FFVII and FFVIII. And I guess the fans of IX can come too (blech).

If you are a Roleplayer buy this game when it releases, no game offers the amount of rp friendly features this game Is going to have in the long run. The emote list pretty much smacks anything else out right now.

And yes you can sit in chairs.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    As he said you have to read.  The minor details are what made me fall in love with this game.  It's has jokes and stuff thrown in there that you'll miss if you just click through everything.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Why all the hype for this game? (FYI. I am new to the FF games)

I am a MMO veteran and I am currently playing it, first FF game ever. I like the graphics but it is very linear. As you get to the higher levels does the zones open up a bit more?

The combat is nothing special, I don't like the invisible walls, and the floating pokemon things with the balloon are OVER the top (not good) for me. Why do Asian game's have to make such odd creatures? Why do they make the characters, both men and women, so pretty..... too pretty. I'm having issues with the map as well and being able to find quest turn-ins, etc is difficult at times. Does getting around and understanding the map eventually get easier?

I'm trying to play through the game and see what the hype is all about..... the game runs smoothly.... I'm enjoying the game and having fun but I'm not sure it's worth the subscription.

Some questions:

1. What exactly are JOBS?

2. Is there a talent tree?

3. Is it a solo friendly game?

4. Do I get exp fror killing mobs when others are NOT grouped with me?

Thanks for putting up with my noob questions. I want to like the game and maybe buy it but I need to understand the hype. Thank you.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Tokken

I am a MMO veteran and I am currently playing it, first FF game ever. I like the graphics but it is very linear. As you get to the higher levels does the zones open up a bit more?

The combat is nothing special, I don't like the invisible walls, and the floating pokemon things with the balloon are OVER the top (not good) for me. Why do Asian game's have to make such odd creatures? Why do they make the characters, both men and women, so pretty..... too pretty. I'm having issues with the map as well and being able to find quest turn-ins, etc is difficult at times. Does getting around and understanding the map eventually get easier?

I'm trying to play through the game and see what the hype is all about..... the game runs smoothly.... I'm enjoying the game and having fun but I'm not sure it's worth the subscription.

Some questions:

Classes

No, but you can mix abilities from some classes.

Depends.  Grouping at some point will be mandatory as you can't unlock certain important things without running through the dungeons for the story quest, but there is plenty of solo friendly stuff.

Yes, you can also assist other players and still get XP and loot for their kills.

Thanks for putting up with my noob questions. I want to like the game and maybe buy it but I need to understand the hype. Thank you.

What hype?  It hasn't exactly been hyped up as much as other MMOs in the works like TESO and Wildstar.

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93
    Some questions:

1. Classes, both Crafting and Combat. You can switch to any at any time with a single character by getting approval from each one's specific guild after level 10.  (After that just equip that class' weapon to change to it)

2. No, Just cross class skills and attribute points

3. There's solo content, but the majority is on group encounters and levs

4. Yes, you get full loot and XP and credit if you get some specific amount of contribution with the mob.

Originally posted by AIMonster
    Originally posted by Tokken

Some questions:

Classes

No, but you can mix abilities from some classes.

Depends.  Grouping at some point will be mandatory as you can't unlock certain important things without running through the dungeons for the story quest, but there is plenty of solo friendly stuff.

Yes, you can also assist other players and still get XP and loot for their kills.

What hype?  It hasn't exactly been hyped up as much as other MMOs in the works like TESO and Wildstar.

I'd say ultimately jobs are more serving the function that talent trees do in other MMO's (altering the role of the base class).  And jobs aren't simply classes.  Jobs are equipped to classes, the job and its corresponding (main) class share exp after 30.  So if you are playing your monk in a party you are gaining exp as both monk and pugilist, because monk is something you equip to pugilist in order to gain special monk abilities at the cost of being limited in non main class/sub class abilities you can equip to it (though TOTALLY worth it in group settings).

Jobs get the sexy abilities that make you stand out in a group for your role.  With the recently announced (at least) dual job system, all classes are planned to have two jobs like Arcanist does with Summoner and Scholar at launch (ACN/SMN/SCH confirmed for launch, no date on the rest only that we will get "some" new jobs/classes before first expansion).

The base class arcanist can become BOTH (not either/or) a scholar (healer) 30 ACN/15 CNJ. and a summoner (DD with utility dependent upon summons) 30 ACN/15 THM, providing they meet the requirements and do the necessary quests to unlock them.

Other classes will now get the same in patches after launch so that a person who levels gladiator can choose to tank as a Paladin in a group or.... (red mage maybe?), but it isn't something you have to choose.  You don't have to respec either.  Because it is a free class/job system you just equip the other job and start progressing it (once you have it unlocked).  If you are already 50, you won't have to level it again though, because it shares exp with the base class.

They will also add more classes/jobs they have said.  So I wouldn't say jobs are merely classes, because the system works differently than other MMO's.  Also someone from a non-FF MMO, or one of the few F2P mmo's that copied the system, has to understand that classes/jobs are merely roles your character can perform he/she isn't restricted to just one you never have to create an alt and start over again if you want to play something else.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by MidBoss
    Some questions: 1. What exactly are JOBS? 2. Is there a talent tree? 3. Is it a solo friendly game? 4. Do I get exp fror killing mobs when others are NOT grouped with me?    
    1. Classes, both Crafting and Combat. You can switch to any at any time with a single character by getting approval from each one's specific guild after level 10.  (After that just equip that class' weapon to change to it)

4. Yes, you get full loot and XP and credit if you get some specific amount of contribution with the mob.

So does that mean I don't have to formally group up with someone to get exp on mobs? If I do group up formally do I get more exp or loot?

I wish there was a way to skip the tutorial after doing it a couple times...Thank you.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Its been a long time since Ive played a new game that made me want to keep logging in.  This could be the one.
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

After a good evening of beta (Idk 5 6 hours) I can say ff14 is crafted with some serious love, its one of the best looking games (Maybe the best looking) and the polish/music/graphics/lore are first rate.

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

I have avoided the beta for this game as the beta for 1.0 stung too badly.

I'm really glad to hear from so many that this re-boot is so well done. 

I'll definitely be picking this up at launch this time. Hopefully, it will be well received enough for a community to take root in (not saying that 1.0 didn't have a community).

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

This game is generic as hell and doesn't hold a candle to what FFXI used to be.