Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

@TESO Fams: So what will be the Sandbox elements of TESO?

MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon

With this new MMO, what will be the sandbox elements of TESO? 

If you heard some info on this, please share. I had stop following this game a while ago and would like an update on the sandbox elements of the game.

Comments

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon

its not a sandbox game, it doesn't really have any sandbox elements except for a very interesting sounding crafting system IMO (which i wouldn't call a sandbox system anyways)

you can't build anything in the world and it is quest driven like the single player games are.

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    The traditional Exploration Centric Content is very sandbox'ish and is a carry over from the TES single player RPG's and the class based Skill trees are as well.  But for the most part there isn't a lot of sandbox elements in the game.  It's more of a instanced/zoned/open world element Themepark.  The core sounds good but I really feel the game will eventually be dumbed down to work across all platforms equally instead of designing systems that work well on the PC and doing new systems for the consoles.  That and the splitting of the community is the reason why I feel this game will fail.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• gervaise1gervaise1 .Posts: 2,064Member Uncommon

Well for better or for worse they have said that it is not going to be cross-platform - and as Skyrim was ported across platforms I think it only fair to assume that they know what the issues are and that they have made an informed decision.

As for what the sandbox elements will be? At its core I believe the game will be Skyrim like - so big open world, lots of side quests etc. And for the "mmo part: some sort of co-op play - maybe both PvP "arena" type stuff (think Assassin's Creed) and multi-player missions (think WoW scenarios or map packs for many games). Both of which you can join as groups or via random pug tool.

These features would extend the Elder Scrolls into multi-player territory. Whether this would merit an "mmo" tag though - maybe not.  Zenimax have said though that they are not creating a "full blown mmo". What they are making is Elder Scrolls Online.

If there are other mmo like feature I think they will be down played and the solo-RPG aspects pushed to the fore. They will want the game to sell and won't want to put non-mmo people off buying the game. (Which would be a good thing for mmo folk as it will generate revenue etc.)