Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First impressions of beta phase 3

124»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Incandela

How do you figure that? I'm just giving people the opportunity to give proof to their claim, as I have ALREADY done. Not surprised in the slightest nobody will take me up on the offer.

I don't blame people for their attitude either. Its easy to see this kind of lag and throw the beta card, and expect it to be fixed by launch. However anybody who played this game knows that this was a real problem for three years of the games original launch. Heck, read the comments on that first video. Go to the lodestone link in the description. Circles became triangles, damage from phantom voidzones, etc. The fact that its the EXACT SAME problem even on local servers should go to show that its not going away. And if you think it will after hearing all the facts, then you're naive and delusional.

The point being, it seems that there are a lot of people who are not experiencing this so perhaps it's you or your internet? Maybe you should take part in the beta and submit your info/questions/concerns. Additionally, if I'm not experiencing this with other players then I suspect I would still not see evidence of this.

As far as posting footage, the NDA said "no" to footage so I'm of the mind that unless they are  killing puppies or selling kids on the black market I don't see the need to break that.NDA.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174

There were minor latency issues, like getting behind a mob and still being hit by its frontal cone attack, or stunning a mob and having it still perform its ability. I even checked the combat log to be sure and sure enough

Mob is casting ability.

Mob receives the effect of stun.

Mob's ability hits you for 75.

The effect of stun fades from the Mob.

wut

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by striderbob

There were minor latency issues, like getting behind a mob and still being hit by its frontal cone attack, or stunning a mob and having it still perform its ability. I even checked the combat log to be sure and sure enough

Mob is casting Wing Cutter.

Mob's Wing Cutter hits you for 75.

wut

Yup there was a bit of lag here and there for me too. Hopefully it will be sorted out by release.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Mob is casting ability.

wut

were you on a japanese server, none of that ever happened to me

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by tkreep

Mob is casting ability.

wut

actually, I was on a japanese server but couldn't understand why no one was talking. that is usually not the norm for a beta. I then figured out I was on a japense server when some japanese characters printed across the chat box.

my connection was amazing (well, the interface indicated "good").

I then changed to  US/EU server (talking there) and didn't notice any difference.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Mob is casting ability.

wut

actually, I was on a japanese server but couldn't understand why no one was talking. that is usually not the norm for a beta. I then figured out I was on a japense server when some japanese characters printed across the chat box.

my connection was amazing (well, the interface indicated "good").

I then changed to  US/EU server (talking there) and didn't notice any difference.

The netcode/servers are much much better than it was in 1.0, but there is a difference teh NA/EU servers are located in Montreal, while the JP servers are located in Tokyo.  So most NA/EU players get a better ping to the Montreal servers.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I tried the beta out for the limited time I had to spare over the weekend. What a night and day difference from ver.1 and  it seems worth a second try for me. One of the chief things that really bothered me about ver. 1 was the absolutely awful paste and copy world. I didn't really get a chance to explore much outside of town, has this improved dramatically? as its a total immersion killer for me.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by laserit

I tried the beta out for the limited time I had to spare over the weekend. What a night and day difference from ver.1 and  it seems worth a second try for me. One of the chief things that really bothered me about ver. 1 was the absolutely awful paste and copy world. I didn't really get a chance to explore much outside of town, has this improved dramatically? as its a total immersion killer for me.

omg yes.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174

Mob is casting ability.

wut

Nope.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    A little bland and repetitive for my tastes but I can understand how the younger crowd likes it. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Murugan

omg yes.

I would definitely call that a dramatic improvement over ver. 1 ;)

thx for the link 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

There are some areas where you can tell they were built out of the old world map... But really, tha'ts all you're going to recognize outside of the cities.

The changes to the area maps are incredible.

Originally posted by Ayulin

There are some areas where you can tell they were built out of the old world map... But really, tha'ts all you're going to recognize outside of the cities.

I just want to say that if Bahamut ever wants to come "destroy" my house like he did Eorzea he is welcome. I would love for my modest abode to be blown away in a terrible calamity and the only thing left clinging to the dirt was the new indoor swimming pool, spacious bathrooms and closets, movie theatre, full sized library and gaming rooms, full wetbars in the 6-7 living rooms and dens, multiple guest houses, and full sized nature preserve and private  airstrip and helipad.

I would of course miss this house, but I'd find a way to move on with my life.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Murugan
    Originally posted by Ayulin

I just want to say that if Bahamut ever wants to come "destroy" my house like he did Eorzea he is welcome. I would love for my modest abode to be blown away in a terrible calamity and the only thing left clinging to the dirt was the new indoor swimming pool, spacious bathrooms and closets, movie theatre, full sized library and gaming rooms, full wetbars in the 6-7 living rooms and dens, multiple guest houses, and full sized nature preserve and private  airstrip and helipad.

I would of course miss this house, but I'd find a way to move on with my life.

lol...

Well, perhaps you can work something out with Gaius...

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I've played beta and really enjoyed it to. It ran smooth, graphics top notch, player animation are great, draw distance is pretty far, i can stand up on a bridge and whatch peaple fight on the ground below me. It sounds really good with my headphones.

A few things that got me worried though.

1. I hope most of the gear dont just come from quest, it wont give me a reason to use the AH much. I want a player driven economy not a quest driven one.

2. No mob taging, in this other mmo i played if peaple dont manually group to kill mobs, then they dont socialize, and it becomes a zerg fest, hope that dont happen with ffxiv arr.

3. No xp loss, when i died at low level i noticed i didn't loose any xp. I hope that is just during beta, or maybe it changes higher level.

4. None of the mobs agrode around the starting city, that may change at higher level though.

5. I heard abilities share a global timer in this game. I kinda wish skill, abilities had there own timer like in ffxi.

I only played it till level 9 though, since i work during the weekends, so i dunno how it is after level 10. 

Originally posted by Dzone

I've played beta and really enjoyed it to. It ran smooth, graphics top notch, player animation are great, draw distance is pretty far, i can stand up on a bridge and whatch peaple fight on the ground below me. It sounds really good with my headphones.

A few things that got me worried though.

1. I hope most of the gear dont just come from quest, it wont give me a reason to use the AH much. I want a player driven economy not a quest driven one.

2. No mob taging, in this other mmo i played if peaple dont manually group to kill mobs, then they dont socialize, and it becomes a zerg fest, hope that dont happen with ffxiv arr.

3. No xp loss, when i died at low level i noticed i didn't loose any xp. I hope that is just during beta, or maybe it changes higher level.

4. None of the mobs agrode around the starting city, that may change at higher level though.

5. I heard abilities share a global timer in this game. I kinda wish skill, abilities had there own timer like in ffxi.

I only played it till level 9 though, since i work during the weekends, so i dunno how it is after level 10. 

1.  Item heirarchy in general is NPC>QUEST>CRAFTED>DUNGEON RARE>Endgame progression (with some crafted components but not really "economy driven" once it is in endgame, more like components for relic weapon and materia affixed gear).  Economy is player driven through: spiritbond gear (for materia), consumables, crafted gears, components for endgame, housing (sale of lots and houses), and furnishings for housing.

2.  There is no mob tagging in the open world.  However you have to group for guildhests (spawned hunts), as well as all instanced content (dungeons, raids etc.).  Open world is purposefully designed without a hard claim system to avoid "claim wars".  This is a philosophy choice, I don't know if it will ever change but it was changed TO this and this is the plan for now.

3.  There will be no xp loss at launch either.

4.You don't have to go far from the city to find mobs that can both aggro and kill you if you are careless.

5.Weapon skills share a Global Cooldown, as do spells, abilities have their own timers (as do certain weapon skills/spells) but abilities are not affected by the Global Cooldown.

This discussion has been closed.