Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pure unadulterated gameplay footage from E3

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Now that I've watched these. I'd say the sound, music, and voice acting is quite good. Gameplay is of a low zone, so I wouldn't base much on that. Player is more skilled than most others I've seen playing this game. Combat is looking smoother. Environment is very interesting, a lot is put into it - and this type of zone is fairly common in mmorpgs. Crowd control used against player in p2, nice to see restricting bone cage. Really hear that Mechari thumping around, while walking in the cave. I wonder if other races/classes make that less noticeable. In the cave there are a lot of unique environmental sounds.

Double kill, triple kill, about time image

Criticism: Don't believe we need ! anymore in mmorpgs. Not a fan of that myself. I'd have to test the big directional arrows to comment. Fly by chopper could switch up its telegraph location on the ground, still interesting to have that flying element. Kill giant monster in p2 by cutting its feet/ankles to death is always corny.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Watch this video and then check out the ArcheAge video.   Hmm... which one would you want to play. 
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Watch this video and then check out the ArcheAge video.   Hmm... which one would you want to play. 

I'll most likely give each one a shot. However, if you're talking about the Archage E3 Trailer which is marketing/promotions compared to a random gameplay video, then that doesn't bode well for someone at age 44. Thanks for the laugh though!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Isawa

I'll most likely give each one a shot. However, if you're talking about the Archage E3 Trailer which is marketing/promotions compared to a random gameplay video, then that doesn't bode well for someone at age 44. Thanks for the laugh though!

What does his age have to do with gaming? Just curious, maybe I'm to old to have fun.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• McSireMcSire Member Posts: 43
    I feel sorry for the idiots on this thread saying "WoW Clone" and things similar to that. Warplots? WoW does not have that. Outside arena spectacting? Nope. Player housing to the extreme? Nope. This path system? Nope. Sprint,Double Jump, Dodge roll? Nope. The list goes on this is not a WoW Clone. It may have some similar things to WoW but thats about it.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    wish I could get into a beta, I have been striking out lately, no ESO, wildstar or FF.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Originally posted by McSire
    I feel sorry for the idiots on this thread saying "WoW Clone" and things similar to that. Warplots? WoW does not have that. Outside arena spectacting? Nope. Player housing to the extreme? Nope. This path system? Nope. Sprint,Double Jump, Dodge roll? Nope. The list goes on this is not a WoW Clone. It may have some similar things to WoW but thats about it.

Player housing is instanced.

Warplots sound cool, but I am awaiting to see how they are executed. My suspicion is that they will play out similar to to the larger instanced type matches we have seen in games like WoW or Battlefield but with somewhat customizable maps.

Path system pretty much plays out the same as regular questing. You follow arrows and kill mobs: 1 requires you to click things, 1 requires you to jump sometimes, 1 is just regular kill questing, and the last we have seen very little about.

The reason people are calling wow clone is because it does have a nearly identical graphic style and world design. You run around static hubs with ! quest givers and do the same few types of quests over and over.

The combat is more action oriented, but looks slow and somewhat clunky.

A lot of people are concerned that for a majority of the playtime,  the player will be doing the exact same monotonous things you did in WoW or any other clone. The gameplay videos cleary show exactly that.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123

To be fair I never saw much hype from devs, some vids on their site, sure, but at least not more hype than the people on these forums. At first there was next to no hype whatsoever and suddenly you see a ton of "this is going to be a sleeper mmo!/wow killer!" threads, so once again people built up expectations and in true fashion it's now getting crapped on.

GW2 gets crap for not being a wow clone, Wildstar gets it for being one.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Looks like the same tired shit we have had since 2003. My heart sank the moment I saw the exclamation mark...
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Pretty dull actually. Another failboat in the making. Some devs just never learn.

Yep, looks like another WOW clone, and I would rather play SWTOR

omg we actually agree on something lol..noting the moment

There Is Always Hope!

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I was actually looking forward to "Wildstar". After watching some of this I came to a realization that will save me some money. I found myself saying "I'm done with themeparks. The ones that are already released are more than adequate enough for what they offer". It's nothing personal against the game. The game just showed me that this isn't so much a copy of another game in the genre, this IS the genre as far as "themepark" goes. It doesn't by any means look awful, don't get the wrong impression. It simply looks like it's using mechanics that I already have available in spades. Aion, AoC, Guild Wars 2, SWtoR, RIFT, TSW, WoW. All of these games offer something similar enough and different enough, in the themepark sub-genre, that I don't need to look any further.
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I was looking forward to this game once. The more I see and learn, the less interest I have. It may be a lot of fun for some people, but this style of game isn't for me, I'm afraid.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Vayman
    I was looking forward to this game once. The more I see and learn, the less interest I have. It may be a lot of fun for some people, but this style of game isn't for me, I'm afraid.

Exactly how I feel about the game.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    The scenery is absolute wow ripoff, why? :( Is it so hard to make something yours...
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by Avarix
    I was actually looking forward to "Wildstar". After watching some of this I came to a realization that will save me some money. I found myself saying "I'm done with themeparks. The ones that are already released are more than adequate enough for what they offer". It's nothing personal against the game. The game just showed me that this isn't so much a copy of another game in the genre, this IS the genre as far as "themepark" goes. It doesn't by any means look awful, don't get the wrong impression. It simply looks like it's using mechanics that I already have available in spades. Aion, AoC, Guild Wars 2, SWtoR, RIFT, TSW, WoW. All of these games offer something similar enough and different enough, in the themepark sub-genre, that I don't need to look any further.

I'll just agree with you. I actually have a much meaner sense of the game 'Wildstar', but I like how you so eloquently expressed your opinion. So.. Yea. What he said.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Somehow looking at that video felt SO familiar as if a dejavu occured :)
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

LOL @ those of you thinking the starting zones is going to be some epic experience...

Looks pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Took me 2 minutes to stop the video, not for me. I have not followed this game for the graphics and while somr of the concepts are pretty cool it is too much of a dead world for me. I dislike games that are static the moment you stop moving.

Yeah I just watched Archeage video and thought that was amazing ,  it didn't even have any combat in it .

Watched this video and thought it wasn't anything special but I can see it will appeal to some players who are new to MMO's.

Firstly the quest system is same as WOW system , using the !       Why not a star above quest givers heads or something a bit different ?

The second thing I noticed was how simple the stats on items were ,  very dumbed down .

I turned it off after he killed the spirit looking guys ,  it really does look like another failure of massive proportions .

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Isawa

What does his age have to do with gaming? Just curious, maybe I'm to old to have fun.

For clearification, at age 44, one shouldn't be making comparisons between a Marketing Trailer video with intent to hype vs. a random gameplay video.

To expand on this some, nearly any video can make nearly any game look good or bad - depending on how it was made. The vast majority of marketing or Trailers are made to make the said game look good - AA Trailer Example.

Providing a gameplay video with no commentary is very neutral territory, for the viewer to make an opinion on. There is already plenty of gameplay video of Archeage out there, and I'll just say that the Trailer is at least x2 better, imo, than the gameplay videos I've seen of AA.

Age really has nothing to do with it. If you're not a child, you shouldn't be making such poor comparisons image

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

That combat video is extremely......BORING.  I mean, it looks like WoW/Rift all over again as far as combat.  Very little movement, not very fluid.   Now with GW2, that game's where it's at as far as combat is concerned. 

I know I'm going to hear the "but raiding! but end-game"....a game is about what's fun. If you're doing combat 97% of the time, it should be FUN!   Maybe raiding is fun for some parts, but if the combat is a stale boring affair, then it all falls apart.  

I'll still hold out a final verdict on this game until it's release/open-beta/more known.  In the mean time, based solely on what I've seen...."meh" comes to mind.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    The game looks good but I'm concerned with the combat experience. Why does it seem that there is a pause after every swing? It makes it look so slow. I'd like to see the other classes too (minus the stalker). Game right now has a B grade from me. We will have to wait and see. 
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

If they make a decent copy of wow good for them as long as it is fun, but I can't get past the telegraphing of spells and arrows pointing to  where you should  go. What are we like three years old and can't read a quest text and figure it out!

And what fun is it to know where a mob is going to strike next by telegraphing it:(

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Looks like Star Wars mated with World of Warcraft and Wildstar was born.

• zeidenzeiden Member Posts: 44

The game looks fine. At first i was kinda looking forward to this but then it does look the same thing we already know about. I think this is a good thing for people who are not into MMO's yet and they get to experience what the "vets" had some time ago. 

One can not reinvent everything. It's like making cars. The car has chassis, wheels, steering wheels etc etc. In the end the basic concept of a car is always the same. 

• lasttimelasttime Member Posts: 51
    Wildstar just feels super generic. I got really excited for the game until I got into the beta and tried it.