Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no Greenlight...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Amazing.  They just celebrated 3 years since release and theystill  have not been able to get this game on Steam Greenlight...

6/13/13 announcement:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1604686826011817344

I know Henrik keeps mentioning this in his updates to the stockholders but after all this time, the fact that it STILL is not greenlight should tell you that even if it does eventually make it that the interest level is just very, very low. 

Any thoughts?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    That's good, I don't want to see more people cheated by them :) They destroyed one of  most promising games I have seen ever. Just one huge Gangfest, nothing more.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by Tyserie
    That's good, I don't want to see more people cheated by them :) They destroyed one of  most promising games I have seen ever. Just one huge Gangfest, nothing more.

Hard to place the blame exclusively on them.. You should put some of that blame on your fellow MMO PvPr's...

Any game with a semblance of PvP ends up with, massive exploits being used, obsessive griefing, and an overly competitive nature that see's the game boil down to just 1 or 2 options as far as combat goes... You are either this, or you are that... Shades of grey are unacceptable..

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

It's not just interest being low, people don't want it so they vote no.

Greenlight is for interesting concepts and games that have been crafted out of care and love by a small team. I hate companies that throw their iOS games up on greenlight - those get automatic "no" votes from me. And games like MO that have been around but refuse to accept that people don't want to play it also get a "no" vote from me.

Last thing I want is greenlight to be inundated with failed games trying to collect a quick buck from unsuspecting steam users who otherwise aren't following gaming news. If your product isn't good, just deal with it and move on. Improve it significantly, start over or give up. But don't try snag customers by hitting different markets hoping to catch those unaware.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

agree!

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

"Hard to place the blame exclusively on them.. You should put some of that blame on your fellow MMO PvPr's..."

No, I am not PvPer mate, I am PvE player. But I did understand to open PvP and such stuff. It could be really great, if balanced. I was shouting really loud about "there is also PvE crowd ". But they just don't care :) MO is one of my biggest game disappointment.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    What is amazing to me isn't that they haven't been gotten Greenlight yet (that seems obvious), but that they still have servers running at all.   THAT to me is truly amazing. 
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Rusque

Greenlight is for interesting concepts and games that have been crafted out of care and love by a small team. I hate companies that throw their iOS games up on greenlight - those get automatic "no" votes from me. And games like MO that have been around but refuse to accept that people don't want to play it also get a "no" vote from me.

Last thing I want is greenlight to be inundated with failed games trying to collect a quick buck from unsuspecting steam users who otherwise aren't following gaming news. If your product isn't good, just deal with it and move on. Improve it significantly, start over or give up. But don't try snag customers by hitting different markets hoping to catch those unaware.

This is why I voted no and will continue to do so if they try again.

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by SevenOmatic
    MO has been on Steam Greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112802437

No, it's up for a vote again to be included in Greenlight.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The problem they have is that the people voting on the game get to play it before they vote on it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

It's not just interest being low, people don't want it so they vote no. Greenlight is for interesting concepts and games that have been crafted out of care and love by a small team. I hate companies that throw their iOS games up on greenlight - those get automatic "no" votes from me. And games like MO that have been around but refuse to accept that people don't want to play it also get a "no" vote from me.Last thing I want is greenlight to be inundated with failed games trying to collect a quick buck from unsuspecting steam users who otherwise aren't following gaming news. If your product isn't good, just deal with it and move on. Improve it significantly, start over or give up. But don't try snag customers by hitting different markets hoping to catch those unaware.

I cannot confirm but I did read a quote from Steam that said only yes votes counted. A vote of no was the same as not voting.

I am just amazed that a game that is RELEASED for three years cannot even get Greenlit which just means a greenlight to Develop the game...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I cannot confirm but I did read a quote from Steam that said only yes votes counted. A vote of no was the same as not voting. I am just amazed that a game that is RELEASED for three years cannot even get Greenlit which just means a greenlight to Develop the game...

this is true as far as i know, a vote of no is the same as not voting, they arent even counted.

Henriks most recent reply about greenlight.

"The game will be on Steam when we are ready with some areas we are focusing on, and as long as the votes coming on a daily basis continues to do so. We are very happy for the support we currently have and there is no doubt we will get green light when we are ready for it.

Steam have not rejected MO to be on Steam, this is a progress of work and preparations we are doing. We want to be sure we have covered a few important step when an increased amount of players jumps in MO, which focus is on starting locations and some polish which effect new players.

So even when you do see us being on a green light batch, this does not mean we will go live directly after if we aren't ready with the main areas we focus on before being on Steam.

Again thank you for your support and votes to secure our place on Steam since we do believe it will help us get more new players over time and the option to use Steam client to play the game."

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Thank you for a well thought out post.

This company has stolen from it's customers, lied to them, solicited donations, blamed their failure on acts of nature, the list goes on.

If it ever gets Green Lit, the scandal would make the Warz fiasco pale in comparison. I doubt that Steam wants to deal with another issue like that in the near future.

I don't think this will ever get Green Lit.

Originally posted by ShortyBible

Thank you for a well thought out post.

This company has stolen from it's customers, lied to them, solicited donations, blamed their failure on acts of nature, the list goes on.

If it ever gets Green Lighted, the scandal would make the Warz fiasco pale in comparison. I doubt that Steam wants to deal with another issue like that in the near future.

I don't think this will ever get Green Lighted.

i also think the game will never get greenlit, there is obviously something wrong for it to not have been greenlit already.

However i do think only + points could come from the game being greenlit, but it wont ever get greenlit due to the controversy surrounding SV

Sorry I was editing my post while you were agreeing with me.

As stated above, this company has done too much wrong to it's customer base during release. They continued to to scam their customers for all these years. All this is well documented in these forums and many others on the internet.

There is no way that I think that Steam would allow them on their Green Light platform. It would just be asking for bad publicity.

As stated above, this company has done too much wrong to it's customer base during release. They continued to to scam their customers for all these years. All this is well documented in these forums and many others on the internet.

There is no way that I think that Steam would allow them on their Green Light platform. It would just be asking for bad publicity.

although warz is now on greenlight so who knows..

Originally posted by deathshroud

WOW , I was not aware of that. Thanks for that bit of info.

Read this article after you told me it's back on Steram.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/01/the-war-z-shuffles-quietly-back-onto-steam/

The last paragraph is a good summation.

"No matter how many improvements or fixes Hammerpoint brings to its zombie survival MMO, the shadiness of their business model will be impossible to shake."

I think that this also applies to Star Vault. Not necessarily their business model, but their overall shadiness.

WOW , I was not aware of that. Thanks for that bit of info.

Read this article after you told me it's back on Steram.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/01/the-war-z-shuffles-quietly-back-onto-steam/

The last paragraph is a good summation.

"No matter how many improvements or fixes Hammerpoint brings to its zombie survival MMO, the shadiness of their business model will be impossible to shake."

I think that this also applies to Star Vault. Not necessarily their business model, but their overall shadiness.

the sad part is whislt the screenshots are all taken in engine they are all posed screenshots like garrysmod, no actual ingame footage on display, they never learn.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I cannot confirm but I did read a quote from Steam that said only yes votes counted. A vote of no was the same as not voting. I am just amazed that a game that is RELEASED for three years cannot even get Greenlit which just means a greenlight to Develop the game...

this is true as far as i know, a vote of no is the same as not voting, they arent even counted.

Henriks most recent reply about greenlight.

"The game will be on Steam when we are ready with some areas we are focusing on, and as long as the votes coming on a daily basis continues to do so. We are very happy for the support we currently have and there is no doubt we will get green light when we are ready for it.

Steam have not rejected MO to be on Steam, this is a progress of work and preparations we are doing. We want to be sure we have covered a few important step when an increased amount of players jumps in MO, which focus is on starting locations and some polish which effect new players.

So even when you do see us being on a green light batch, this does not mean we will go live directly after if we aren't ready with the main areas we focus on before being on Steam.

Again thank you for your support and votes to secure our place on Steam since we do believe it will help us get more new players over time and the option to use Steam client to play the game."

What is this "Henriks" native language?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    What is really shocking, is that somewhere some how, someone, right now...is playing this game and thinks it's the shit.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    What is really shocking, is that somewhere some how, someone, right now...is playing this game and thinks it's the shit.

Not really shocking.  Take a look around this website, for example.  One person's favorite game is another's most hated.  It all comes down to taste or preference.  No one is right or wrong in that regard.

Quite a few people bemoan the prevalence of themepark clones that dominate the space.  Despite its flaws, MO definitely provides a different type of MMO experience.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Hard to place the blame exclusively on them.. You should put some of that blame on your fellow MMO PvPr's...

Any game with a semblance of PvP ends up with, massive exploits being used, obsessive griefing, and an overly competitive nature that see's the game boil down to just 1 or 2 options as far as combat goes... You are either this, or you are that... Shades of grey are unacceptable..

if the metagame is 'just this' then it's a poor MMO.

look at games like eve and how fleet doctrines constantly change and reccomended fits constantly update.

there is no Godmode fit. balance between survivability and dps, agility and armor...what's "best" we will never know. everyone tries to adapt, everything changes. 

this is something sv failed terribly with, there are just a few builds in mo that are effective, whilst you can use more you would be at a slight disadvantage and the game is not well balanced between races, equipment, skills.

the developers do ad alot of new content regularaly but often it doesnt work or is implemented poorly, an example of this is spear stance, used to counter mounted cavalry i believe it was added with the epic patch over 2 years ago and still doesnt work.

also some bugs have been ingame since beta 3 years ago and im not talking small bugs either but major ones that can result in a player death.

the game is rotten at its core, the basic fundamentals do not work. For example the game doesnt support more than 50 players onscreen at once otherwise it bottlenecks and players pop in and out or remain invisible to you, you can imagine how much fun that would be in a siege with over 100 people.

the game is plagued with lag and rubberbanding, weird animations and poor prediction since beta and no matter how many times the developers have attempted to fix it its always been there and hasnt been fixed.

the game is not coded for an mmorpg of this magnitude, if it cant support the small playerbase it currently has and is plagued with bugs, lag prediction and exploits, how can it ever survivie on steam where its player base could increase 3x

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Numb69
    [mod edit]

Valve are in process of remaking Greenlight, it may very well make it through the new one whenever that one is ready.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

I've been direct downloading MO for like three days now (honestly).  I'm glad I saw this thread, and I will be wary if it ever finishes downloading and I get in.

I'm curious about the sandbox element, but it sounds like I'll just want to leave once I'm on.  Is there anyone playing this game in the forums that enjoys it or can talk about some of the good points?  The videos look pretty decent.  I don't mind PvP, even if it is harsh through my first few days of the game.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Originally posted by AlmightyGod

I've been direct downloading MO for like three days now (honestly).  I'm glad I saw this thread, and I will be wary if it ever finishes downloading and I get in.

I'm curious about the sandbox element, but it sounds like I'll just want to leave once I'm on.  Is there anyone playing this game in the forums that enjoys it or can talk about some of the good points?  The videos look pretty decent.  I don't mind PvP, even if it is harsh through my first few days of the game.

i played the game for 3 years and whilst it has its issues i certainly enjoyed my time playing for the most part but the game is rather unfinished and buggy. it offers a different experience to most mmos and promises alot but in reality its quite different.

still i urge everyone to at least give it a try, you might dislike it or you might not but at least you will know for sure.

the sandbox elements arent all that bad, some poorly implemented whilst others very well done however most systems have their issues once you know them inside and out.

now im not 100% sure on what you would call sandbox but heres a few of the things that spring to mind

armor shield weapon crafting, there was like over 1 million weapon crafting combinations or somethnig ridiculous

cooking is very indepth, whislt everyone needs to eat to be effective ingame i think only a few actual recipies were needed, but you can go into great depth with it if you choose.

alchemy is confusing, but you can essentially mix anything to attempt to make a potion and the combinations are unbelievably large, some guilds know amazing potions whilst others dont depends on what you discover.

you have skills like butchery, gathering, taming, creature control, cooking, alchemy, lockpicking, thievery, crafting, and also skills to build things like houses, catapults etc.. i think theres like over 1000 skills in this game its ridiculous and seems over done imo many could have been grouped together.