Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Beta Phase 3 Brings PS3 Into the Mix

2»

Comments

• Marauder_22Marauder_22 Member Posts: 1
    Missed spelled email so I didn't get code my sister and dad did:( anyone have an extra one? If ya do my email is [email protected]
  • comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123
    Marauder- Write in english. Please
  • kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31
    is that a closed beta?? cause im still waiting for my code and i own the game since the launch ><
  • punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Whn will the ps3 invites be sent?
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Videos, sound, music or screenshots from the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Alpha Test, Beta Test phase 1 and Beta Test phase 2 may not be used. As of June 12, 2013, Testers may post screenshots from the Beta Test phase 3, however, videos, sound, and music remain prohibited.

Sup

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I wish I got into the beta....

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182
    PS3 beta is rocking! Love the controls
  • JaredKFanJaredKFan Member UncommonPosts: 22

I got my key yesterday and started playing today after having issues with the registration servers keeping on timing out for me.  Really like what i see so far :)  

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by sparky999
    And of course I get skipped again. I applied for both ps3 and pc beta and nothing... pff:(

say tryt o re apply alto of new applys got invites they do invites every week tho

• jonjon500jonjon500 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    hey guys i got an extra key this morning for Ps3 and im willing to give it to a person . If you want it just Pm me, the best Pm wins.

• xvahnxxxvahnxx Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by jonjon500
    hey guys i got an extra key this morning and im willing to give it to a person . If you want it just Pm me, the best Pm wins.

I hope my PM wins somehow!

• EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34

The controls feel quite natural on the ps3, and I actually find it much quicker to activate abilities while moving as opposed to using the keyboard.  The only thing that takes a little getting used to is using the directional pad to change targets.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

well this step of the beta is over now....wasn't a weekend was just barely Friday and Saturday. With a LARGE number of ps3 codes not working because of  region code issues, the test was maybe 5 hours for me. Taking into consideration the time spend on 'real life' and the evils of work...IT looked good on the PC...wish I could have actually tested on the PS3 though.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Milander

well this step of the beta is over now....wasn't a weekend was just barely Friday and Saturday. With a LARGE number of ps3 codes not working because of  region code issues, the test was maybe 5 hours for me. Taking into consideration the time spend on 'real life' and the evils of work...IT looked good on the PC...wish I could have actually tested on the PS3 though.

The phase is not over, just the first weekend test.  It is planned for "2-4 weeks" but will likely be at least 5 weekends of testing (and hopefully they open it to 24/7 towards the end if they have most of the bugs/issues worked out since they do weekend tests so they can take feedback and use the week to put the whole team back to developing).

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Will these other weekends also be the same people or they send new codes every weekend it is happening?
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    same people plus more
  • Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

I finally got a chance to download everything on the ps3 lastnight, it was around 8pm est. The "Play" button was greyed out and above it said "Undefined". All the servers in the list also said "Maintenance".

Not sure if the beta was over by that time or what, I guess I'll catch it next weekend.

• jonjon500jonjon500 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I am posting here again to tell people that i have a extra Ps3 beta key (if they didnt see my past post) and i am willing to give it to the best PM that i get.