Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta 3 Invites

MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
So has anyone heard of anyone getting an email in regards to this yet ? I am 1.0 CE owner, and seeing as it starts within 24 hours, they are running a bit late.

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I am a 1 ce owner cant wait for the beta invite.I think they said beta 3 will start on june 14.

Lets wait and see.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by RelGn

I am a 1 ce owner cant wait for the beta invite.I think they said beta 3 will start on june 14.

Lets wait and see.

Yep it starts tommorow, and invites were supposed to have gone out yesterday, thats why im worried.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Moodsor
    So has anyone heard of anyone getting an email in regards to this yet ? I am 1.0 CE owner, and seeing as it starts within 24 hours, they are running a bit late.

Nope no 1 has got a invite for being a 1.0 owner in NA/EU that is.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• rhavokrhavok Member Posts: 117

This was posted by another person on the FFXIVRealms forums

New information here straight from SE Support. I had to talk to them with a completely unrelated question but I tossed this in there afterwards.

You: And btw, since I was in FFXIV 1.0, any idea when the beta invites are being sent out for phase 3? :shifty: If you can't say it's alright.

Agent Thomas A: Its not an invite, its just auto access.

You: Oh, alright. It just keeps asking me for a registration key when I attempt to update the beta client.

Agent Thomas A: Sometime between now and this weekend when phase 3 starts, unfortunately the amount of info in regards to that is spotty at the moment.

Agent Thomas A: FFXIV 1.0 accounts are not flagged for beta yet.

Then they proceeded to ask how I got the beta client already. Then I had to mad dash around and think of something. Proceeded by them telling me not to tell them of NDA violations if there were any. I said alright and that was the end of that conversation. =P But it's nice to know.

At least we aren't forgotten, just not able to yet it seems.

Sooooo it sounds like we will just be able to log in, but it really doesnt make sense unless they change it so we dont need a key.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Live letter is in 3 hours. I'd expect the info you seek will be given then!
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by rhavok

New information here straight from SE Support. I had to talk to them with a completely unrelated question but I tossed this in there afterwards.

You: And btw, since I was in FFXIV 1.0, any idea when the beta invites are being sent out for phase 3? :shifty: If you can't say it's alright.

You: Oh, alright. It just keeps asking me for a registration key when I attempt to update the beta client.

Agent Thomas A: Sometime between now and this weekend when phase 3 starts, unfortunately the amount of info in regards to that is spotty at the moment.

Then they proceeded to ask how I got the beta client already. Then I had to mad dash around and think of something. Proceeded by them telling me not to tell them of NDA violations if there were any. I said alright and that was the end of that conversation. =P But it's nice to know.

Sooooo it sounds like we will just be able to log in, but it really doesnt make sense unless they change it so we dont need a key.

Probably When you log in with a 1.0 account, it wont ask for a key since already flagged then we can update.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• macarter0327macarter0327 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Punk999

Probably When you log in with a 1.0 account, it wont ask for a key since already flagged then we can update.

Where do we get the client though?

Yeah I dont even know where to download the client :/

Only place I can think of is https://secure.square-enix.com/account/ but theres nothing there.

• VentlusVentlus Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by macarter0327

someone posted link to it on FFXIV reddit. Thats how i got it but yea asks for registration code right now

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Yeah I dont even know where to download the client :/

Only place I can think of is https://secure.square-enix.com/account/ but theres nothing there.

Even if you could get it by looking through google (I wouldn't recommend it if your google skills are not high enough as you may end up with a keylogger), you still can't update it without an account activated for beta.

So you would just be downloading like 10 mb of the 7 gb beta client.  I'm sure they will give info soon.  Maybe they want to try stagger log ins with new testers downloading the patch still as beta starts or something.  I can't say, but I would advise against staying up until 2 am PST to get in right as servers go up anyways as there may be issues not worth losing a night's sleep over.

Also 1.x character imports do not occur until next weekend's test.

I'm sure there will be another email with instructions soon, and a link to the secret beta forums where the client download is located.

• rhavokrhavok Member Posts: 117
    Originally posted by macarter0327

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/ffxivsetup.exe  

This is what I have found, I don't know if it is the right thing or not, but it seems legit.  I just get stuck at the enter beta key screen

Ah ok, guess ill just have to be patient, but I do think they could have been a bit more upfront with all this information instead of shoving it at people at the very last second.

Oh well looking forward to trying out ARR.

Ah ok, guess ill just have to be patient, but I do think they could have been a bit more upfront with all this information instead of shoving it at people at the very last second.

Oh well looking forward to trying out ARR.

I think it is because they don't want you people on the forums until closer to beta start.  They are filled with anxious beta testers who would eat you alive.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Got mine just a minute ago!

GOGOGOGOGOGO, check your emails!

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

One of my awesome FC members grabbed a handful of beta codes from..uh...i think he said MMORPG.DE, not sure if related to this site or not. They are EU beta keys that were given out.

Anywho, i was in the same boat being a NA 1.0 CE holder, and couldn't login to get the game downloaded.

So i snagged one of those keys from him, made another account and registered it under a EU country, and boom. Downloaded the client. Then when the beta launches, i'll just login under my 1.0 account name, and be good to go.

I'll probably pass the account off to someone who needs it at that point, as its a dummy email and name/pass.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Bayonne just confirmed on Gamespot's live stream of E3 that phase 3 invites WILL go out today.  So keep checking if you haven't gotten it yet.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Originally posted by rykim86

Is that a joke? As I did not received something like this. I am waiting for my BETA since .. they started closed beta for ARR as I bought the 1.0 v and even paid a month. It seems that, this was not enough for me to qualify ...until now ( I hope ) :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

I just hope ill recieve mine, cant login to lodestone since forever so hopefully that wont prevent me from getting into the beta.

I just hope ill recieve mine, cant login to lodestone since forever so hopefully that wont prevent me from getting into the beta.

It won't, hopefully you get it soon.  If you don't because you have the wrong email listed on your SE account or it gets blocked by your spam filter you can contact support.  I just wouldn't advise doing it tonight as I'm sure they are swamped, and I'd use phone support since I have seen people have better luck with that than live chat in getting things resolved quicker.

Originally posted by Murugan

It won't, hopefully you get it soon.  If you don't because you have the wrong email listed on your SE account or it gets blocked by your spam filter you can contact support.  I just wouldn't advise doing it tonight as I'm sure they are swamped, and I'd use phone support since I have seen people have better luck with that than live chat in getting things resolved quicker.

Already checked my account, the email is the correct one, man im low on patience today ;)

Originally posted by IceAge

Is that a joke? As I did not received something like this. I am waiting for my BETA since .. they started closed beta for ARR as I bought the 1.0 v and even paid a month. It seems that, this was not enough for me to qualify ...until now ( I hope ) :)

Not a joke.  

Already finished downloading the update from the launcher.

I expect to see a flood of emails and people responding quite soon.

Emailing isn't instantaneous peeps.  Most networks give it low priority so depending on your ISP and where you're located, it can take a bit.

• StuppeStuppe Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Waiting as well, been playing since release and first beta of the original game - so i hope that means i get  into beta :) Btw does anyone know if they wipe Phase 3? I only heard that they wont wipe open beta.
  • tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Haven't got mine yet, and when I attempt to log into the Lodestone it says I have no active characters -_-

Originally posted by tats27

Haven't got mine yet, and when I attempt to log into the Lodestone it says I have no active characters -_-

Exactly the same for me, bit nervous aswell :)