Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Gold: New E3 Trailer Shows Off the Game

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,122MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Snail Games has taken the wraps off of its next MMO, Black Gold, during the 2013 E3 convention. A new trailer has been released to show off some of the steampunk aspects of the forthcoming game. In addition, a new website has debuted to keep players informed about Black Gold's development and more.

Check out the Black Gold site for more information.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• pmilespmiles Federal Way, WAPosts: 383Member
    Looks like the love child between WoW and Mech Warrior Online...
  • ArskaaaArskaaa KauhajokiPosts: 847Member Uncommon

Meh,steampunk/fantasy and elefants/ponys? wtf?

That game dont make sense.

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,141Member Uncommon
    Raptr Gamercard
  • AlomarAlomar Middle Earth, NJPosts: 467Member Uncommon
    Wtf was

Dozens of MMO's, RTS's, FPS's, etc.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,294Member Uncommon
    And by trying to appeal to everyone, they appeal to no one.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• shaddy33shaddy33 San Antonio, TXPosts: 77Member
    Anyone else laugh their ass off at the scene when the elf with the bow and arrow goes against the mech? Just me?
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 9,026Member Rare

I am not a fan of steampunk at all, but I can overlook it the rest of the game is tight. I am not seeing it here.

I don't think they've heard a phrase don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

For a flagship game I expected something awesome, AoW is much better than this IMO.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Henderson, NVPosts: 258Member

Very underwhelming trailer to say the least.

Didn't get me excited for this MMO and it looks kinda dull.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member

Uhh.. too much steam?

Plus it's snail games

Probably will pass.

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 3,594Member Uncommon
    When did Avatar 2 come out?

• KhebelnKhebeln DoncasterPosts: 705Member Uncommon

Is it just me or is this game looks really dated, and very similar visually to aion ?

I might be spoiled but considering this game wont be out anytime soon,  by the time its out it will be looking pretty bad. After some of the sneak peek from E3 to what we can expect in the next 2 years this just looks sad.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,341Member Uncommon

It seems to have sandbox elements. Territory control, building and such. 

300km map. Steam punkers on one side, high fantasy on the other, as the genres collide.

• AnthurAnthur StolbergPosts: 693Member Uncommon
    Reminds me of Aliens vs Cowboys. I guess when you run out of ideas you just randomly put together different genres. Never was a big fan of that.
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,341Member Uncommon

Well SanilGames doesn't seem to be short on ideas. They've produced the only original thing we've seen in 8 year. Why do you think you hear all the qq about Wushu not being explained well enough. 

You could write the games of the past 8 years in martian and we would all know exactly what to do. No I think they chose to go this course. 

I for one dislike steam punk, almost hate it. It seems I'd be a perfect fit for the other side.