Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift now pay to win

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by IceAge

To the guy above you : For such a reply you gave me earlier, I should have not bother writing, nor reading, so say thanks!

Whatever, you obviously don't know what an analogy is and have taken it the wrong way. We'll leave it at that.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I don't see how it's pay to win, when you're not winning anything by paying...You get gear so you're ready to raid...gear I've haven't had for awhile now lol.

People need to learn that Pay to Win really only concerns PvP.  In PvE you're not going to win at anything :)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I don't see how it's pay to win, when you're not winning anything by paying...You get gear so you're ready to raid...gear I've haven't had for awhile now lol.

People need to learn that Pay to Win really only concerns PvP.  In PvE you're not going to win at anything :)

I'd find it unacceptable if they added top tier raid gear to the shop.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Still, to this day, there are people who don't grasp the meaning of PAY TO WIN?...

TBH, i'm not surprised, with the idiocracy of the modern generation..

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by colddog04

Yeah, that'd be kinda pay to win, but still not winning anything, I guess bragging rights?  Rift is far from P2W since the gear you can buy is pretty cruddy anyways compared to what my characters have hehe.

Cash Shop with gear doesn't automatically make a game pay to win...which I think alot of people think.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Fusion

Still, to this day, there are people who don't grasp the meaning of PAY TO WIN?...

I see more of a problem with people not understanding that other people have different perspectives on what makes a game P2W as there is no official definition of it. Many people view saving time over another player by spending cash as P2W. Many people believe that a game is only P2W when paying money makes you better than everyone else can possibly get. In my opinion, the attitude where someone calls everyone stupid that doesn't share their opinion about what makes a game P2W is the problem with the "modern generation."

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I wish there was a way to identify players who buy their gear so I can point at them and laugh at them.

"Hey Bob, I see you paid for your gear. Way to go man. You're pretty pro."

And they would point back and ask "Who the fuck are you, and why should I give a flying fuck what you think?" Then they would walk away and continue enjoying their games, while you wallow in shitty smugness.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Five years ago most of you would be appalled at even the suggestion of gear being sold on a AAA game. Soon people will be able to buy a max level toon and all the best gear. You might laugh, but it will happen.

Why? Five years ago that was quite normal through third party sites like -IGE-, it's been happening much longer than five years.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Literally within 5 minutes of reaching level 60 (max atm) you can buy all the gear you need to raid.  I thought we weren't going pay to win Trion?  what happened there?  I know you can buy your PvP kit as well not sure what impact that will have, but I am sure it won't be all that great.

Why sell gear at all?  It is so unnecessary, sell mounts, pets, wardrobe and dimension (think housing) items and you will make heaps.  But selling start raiding armor and weapons, to me that is exactly what paytowin is.  

Just my opinions, I am sure most will disagree, but this game, just broke for me.

Not at all.

Best gear isn't purchasable, it will cost $50+ to buy the full gear that will be worthless in a couple of months, you can still buy the gear with the in-game currency, and with pvp gear you still need the RANK!

EXAMPLE:

(not best gear) Tiger gear: Required lvl 60, Rank 60.  payment option:   400000 favor or 4500 credits, 40000 favor- $0 spent 4500 credits- $20+ dollars spent. you still need to work for it, no matter what!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115

Yeah, that'd be kinda pay to win, but still not winning anything, I guess bragging rights?  Rift is far from P2W since the gear you can buy is pretty cruddy anyways compared to what my characters have hehe.

Cash Shop with gear doesn't automatically make a game pay to win...which I think alot of people think.

Well, it's a competition, yes even in PvE. What you do the first time you get a drop ( in PvE ) which you really need it? How would you react if you would have been in the first party which cleared X dungeon, raid, etc? Crafting your first good PvE item? And the list go on, but I think you kinda understand what I am trying to say.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Originally posted by velmax

Literally within 5 minutes of reaching level 60 (max atm) you can buy all the gear you need to raid.  I thought we weren't going pay to win Trion?  what happened there?  I know you can buy your PvP kit as well not sure what impact that will have, but I am sure it won't be all that great.

Why sell gear at all?  It is so unnecessary, sell mounts, pets, wardrobe and dimension (think housing) items and you will make heaps.  But selling start raiding armor and weapons, to me that is exactly what paytowin is.  

Just my opinions, I am sure most will disagree, but this game, just broke for me.

it will cost $50+ to buy the full gear that will be worthless in a couple of months

Thank you!

/case closed

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148

OMFG!! VERY BIG SHOCK! I'm sure none of us intelligent people saw this one coming from miles away..

Sad state of affairs really.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

lol they sell basic lvl 60 gear and you call it pay to win, never hear so much bs in my life.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Because people buy it.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I still can t figure this out. What exactly is P2W in pve if it was true. I can t remember the last time I won at pve, but I can remember playing it. If you re talking pvp, well sure, but really have people become that competitive or pixels, that  they consider people won the game by buying end game ish gear. I call it pay to be stupid, or pay because I have too much money and like to show off my cool gear. Really who the hell cares what you can buy.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I see more of a problem with people not understanding that other people have different perspectives on what makes a game P2W as there is no official definition of it. Many people view saving time over another player by spending cash as P2W. Many people believe that a game is only P2W when paying money makes you better than everyone else can possibly get. In my opinion, the attitude where someone calls everyone stupid that doesn't share their opinion about what makes a game P2W is the problem with the "modern generation."

I agree Cold,people have different opinions on what's ptw and that's fine.What I and I'm sure other's have a problem with,is a thread titled Rift now Ptw.It's like the author of the thread know's his opinion is fact.Guess what?It's not,it's only his opinion.

It's funny really,because the people saying ptw seem to be outnumbered at least 15-20 to 1,counting here and the Rift forums.That says a lot.People are grasping at what they want it to be and overlooking fact's!If a person truly feels it's ptw and they don't like it,fine,move on.Just don't try and drag the game through the mud on your way out okay?Look's pathetic and just grasping.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

And ask 100 players to define "a cash shop built correctly", "supremacy goods" and "game breaking item" you will get 100 different answers.

None of what I stated has any room for interpretation.   Any cash shop item that allows a player to purchase it instead of earn it is obviously game breaking, and if you don't know what a supremacy good is then look at gamasutra. 

Supremacy goods

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379

In my opinion, some particular perspectives just strike me as being stupid in principle.  That is, in essence, why I don't take those particular perspectives myself. 

That said, I don't believe he people who hold those particular perspectives are necessarily "stupid" (in general);  I've often seen otherwise intelligent people make rather eloquent defenses of ideas I felt were stupid.

• VladrielVladriel Member Posts: 46

You people really piss me off. You have no clue what pay to win or a pay to win game really is.. pfft... Tirion has stated many times that you still have to work for the best in slot gear. 

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    The OP has no clue wtf he is talking about.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

RIFT is one of the best mmo's in the market and still lets you play the full content for free. Both original and expansion.

enter as many dungeons/raids/bg's/events etc you want.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

loot and wear every item in game.

obtain every mount in game.

full use of AH, banks, guild banks etc.

full access to chat channels.

full access to game forums.

make tickets and speak to GM's.

full use of live chat support.

etc etc etc

so don't you think whining about selling NORMAL dungeon quality items in cash shop, is a bit of OVER REACTING?

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by Vladriel

You have no clue what pay to win or a pay to win game really is

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Complaining about something they are given for free is what mmo players do best. 
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    Complaining about something they are given for free is what mmo players do best. 

but Ryowulf ~ at least they didnt have to pay to win it.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40
    By the time you reach 60 the gear for sale will be significantly worse than than what you would've earned just from questing and those are just green items.