Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was doing some cleaning...

YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165

I was going through some old boxes yesterday, organizing and throwing away a few old computer parts and ran

across this gem. What's the oldest thing pertaining to computer gaming that you still have?

In addition to this, I still have my Atari 130XE and 1050 "Happy drive" with an Atari 300 baud modem.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Sooo...

You didn't make your own map. You used a xeroxed copy of a map someone else made for Zork. 

You didn't play Zork.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord floppy diskette. Signed by the Mad Overlord himself, Robert Woodhead

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Grunty

Sooo...

You didn't make your own map. You used a xeroxed copy of a map someone else made for Zork. 

You didn't play Zork.

Oh stop... That map came with a clue book that my friends dad purchased and I borrowed. I had PLENTY of graph paper with maps from a lot of Inforcom games.. [mod edit]

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I have a Sega handheld. Had a couple Atari's a few years back but think I lost them during a move.

• AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331

Super PONG!  c. 1976.

4 games!  Plays on any TV!  Plays on any size screen!  With Super Pong Sound!

Still works.  We used to have tournaments... 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I've done a lot of "spring cleaning" over the years, but I think my oldest keeper is an original 3.5" demo disk of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

I have console games predating that back to the Atari era, but that, I believe, is my oldest PC relic.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Well I still have my nes, supernintendo, dreamcast, and ps1. I wish i still had my ps2 as the dragonquest game on that was really good. I do have arena and daggerfall but i downloaded those a while back.
  • InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    The oldest would be my copy of Space Quest on floppy disks. Also still have a copy of Zork, Master of Magic, and Dune 2 floating around here somewhere.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Alcuin

Super PONG!  c. 1976.

4 games!  Plays on any TV!  Plays on any size screen!  With Super Pong Sound!

Still works.  We used to have tournaments... 

Nice!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I'm not a 'memorabilia' / hoarder / crap saver kinda guy, but i might have some C64 casettes at moms, she's a "save-it-all" person.

She still has my Genshi Shonen Ryu VHS tapes (my first ever anime :D ) ... dem sound effects ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OEa9K2cT4

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I still have the original box of "Doom" with the original 3.5 floppy disks for installation....LOL

I'm a Hoarder

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

My NES and its games are sitting in a box in my closet.  Those are the oldest gaming items I own that I can still locate. 

The oldest PC gaming items I can still locate are my floppy disks (both 5.25 and 3.5) and documentation for Sierra's Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero? which I believe is several years younger than the NES.

Somewhere I have floppies for Castle Adventure, Q*bert, a PC Dig Dug port, and a primitive 3D first-person Pac-Man-like game called 3-Demon ... all of which would be the absolute oldest PC games I played and still have, but if I were asked to produce them it could be days before I found them.

I turned five in 1983, so I caught the end of the arcade and Atari thing before the NES changed the landscape, and I remember playing the awful Pac-Man port and Video Olympics on the 2600 and Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, Centipede, Galaga, and Missile Command at local pizza parlors, but of course didn't own those games.  Our first family PC had a text adventure, but I don't remember which one.  Something with a lamp and a troll that I could never get past.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Still have my NES with a couple games.  But as far as computer games go, Quest for Glory 1:  So you want to be a Hero?, King's Quest IV, and AD&D:  SHadow Sorcerer are the oldest boxes I still have.  Betrayal at Krondor too, not sure offhand if that is about as old as the others.