Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Was doing some cleaning...

YukmarcYukmarc Fresno, CAPosts: 104Member Uncommon

I was going through some old boxes yesterday, organizing and throwing away a few old computer parts and ran

across this gem. What's the oldest thing pertaining to computer gaming that you still have?

In addition to this, I still have my Atari 130XE and 1050 "Happy drive" with an Atari 300 baud modem.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,061Member Uncommon

Sooo...

You didn't make your own map. You used a xeroxed copy of a map someone else made for Zork. 

You didn't play Zork.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,668Member Uncommon

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord floppy diskette. Signed by the Mad Overlord himself, Robert Woodhead

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• YukmarcYukmarc Fresno, CAPosts: 104Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Grunty

Sooo...

You didn't make your own map. You used a xeroxed copy of a map someone else made for Zork. 

You didn't play Zork.

Oh stop... That map came with a clue book that my friends dad purchased and I borrowed. I had PLENTY of graph paper with maps from a lot of Inforcom games.. [mod edit]

• LexinLexin Ellenville, NYPosts: 702Member Uncommon
    I have a Sega handheld. Had a couple Atari's a few years back but think I lost them during a move.

• AlcuinAlcuin Broken State, CAPosts: 310Member Uncommon

Super PONG!  c. 1976.

4 games!  Plays on any TV!  Plays on any size screen!  With Super Pong Sound!

Still works.  We used to have tournaments... 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member

I've done a lot of "spring cleaning" over the years, but I think my oldest keeper is an original 3.5" demo disk of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

I have console games predating that back to the Atari era, but that, I believe, is my oldest PC relic.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 329Member Uncommon
    Well I still have my nes, supernintendo, dreamcast, and ps1. I wish i still had my ps2 as the dragonquest game on that was really good. I do have arena and daggerfall but i downloaded those a while back.
  • InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Detroit, MIPosts: 119Member
    The oldest would be my copy of Space Quest on floppy disks. Also still have a copy of Zork, Master of Magic, and Dune 2 floating around here somewhere.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,668Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alcuin

Super PONG!  c. 1976.

4 games!  Plays on any TV!  Plays on any size screen!  With Super Pong Sound!

Still works.  We used to have tournaments... 

Nice!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon

I'm not a 'memorabilia' / hoarder / crap saver kinda guy, but i might have some C64 casettes at moms, she's a "save-it-all" person.

She still has my Genshi Shonen Ryu VHS tapes (my first ever anime :D ) ... dem sound effects ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0OEa9K2cT4

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• outfctrloutfctrl Jacksonville, FLPosts: 3,619Member

I still have the original box of "Doom" with the original 3.5 floppy disks for installation....LOL

I'm a Hoarder

• GormogonGormogon Waukegan, ILPosts: 188Member Uncommon

My NES and its games are sitting in a box in my closet.  Those are the oldest gaming items I own that I can still locate. 

The oldest PC gaming items I can still locate are my floppy disks (both 5.25 and 3.5) and documentation for Sierra's Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero? which I believe is several years younger than the NES.

Somewhere I have floppies for Castle Adventure, Q*bert, a PC Dig Dug port, and a primitive 3D first-person Pac-Man-like game called 3-Demon ... all of which would be the absolute oldest PC games I played and still have, but if I were asked to produce them it could be days before I found them.

I turned five in 1983, so I caught the end of the arcade and Atari thing before the NES changed the landscape, and I remember playing the awful Pac-Man port and Video Olympics on the 2600 and Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, Centipede, Galaga, and Missile Command at local pizza parlors, but of course didn't own those games.  Our first family PC had a text adventure, but I don't remember which one.  Something with a lamp and a troll that I could never get past.

• bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIPosts: 565Member
    Still have my NES with a couple games.  But as far as computer games go, Quest for Glory 1:  So you want to be a Hero?, King's Quest IV, and AD&D:  SHadow Sorcerer are the oldest boxes I still have.  Betrayal at Krondor too, not sure offhand if that is about as old as the others.