Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things to do?

Been thinking about coming back to AoC to check things out again, but was just wondering about the current state of the game.

Is there a lot of things to do in the game now, or is it just running around and killing stuff mainly still?

Comments

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Well, first...

1. When did you leave last time?

2. Define "things to do" a bit more, like RP or raids/instances?

Anyway, some shortcuts I recommend other who wonders:

http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/new_content_since_launch

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_directors_letter_may_2013

Take a look here first :)

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

If they would simply allow me to continue AA's at lvl 80 on a free status acount, then I would get back into it.

The problem is I don't have the time and money to sub, and everytime I log on, there is no method of progression for my 80 DT so it feels like I have nothing to work toward.

Making AA exp availible to free status accounts would get me in, then money (like $5 at a time) would be spent in the store... Just my view. Love AoC, just can't spend $15 a month right now.

But I keep it installed and log on now and then. Still the best game out in my opinion.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

I seem to remember its possible to earn AA xp on free account (with expansion and former sub), you just can`t time train. Been a while since I was free though, but might get to check it out in the fall again.

Of course, all free content does not reward that much AA xp, so its harder, unless you pvp of course.

• Well, by the account history the last time we played was around August 2011.

As far as things to do I guess I just mean when I log on to play what are the different things that are available to do besides just run quests and level.  I know things like RP, etc are server and community/player based.  I like to craft and things like that and enjoy a lot of different solo/duo and group content as well.  Like a variety .  :D

Originally posted by Lugoves

Well, by the account history the last time we played was around August 2011.

As far as things to do I guess I just mean when I log on to play what are the different things that are available to do besides just run quests and level.  I know things like RP, etc are server and community/player based.  I like to craft and things like that and enjoy a lot of different solo/duo and group content as well.  Like a variety .  :D

Hmm, the new crafting system is being tested and finished later this year hopefully. Delayed due to problems and restructre, more info in letter from links there.

Me and some others decided that we wanted to do a challenge, so were building a new guild from scratch, pretty challenging and that includes a full guild city over time. Working on tier 2 now. But in our own pace its quite fun for the involved. Also, if your info lore I would strongly recommend looking up the original stories by the author of Conan and reading some/all. Quite inspirering imo.

There are both solo and group instances of all types and difficulties from lvl 30+. Solo instances from lvl 40+ mainly. What lvl are you, max or?

• I have an 80 Bear Shaman but I'll be making a fresh character to play through with hehe.