Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thought on Jagged Alliance Online

Hello everyone.

First let me tell you that I mean no disrespect to the developer or Jagged Alliance fans.

This review is based on my personal experience . It's not a fact . SO you might agree or disgree with me ok?

It's not a bad game at all . Just ....

Full review here for those of you who haven't tried it.

jagged alliance online game review

enjoy

Comments

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

I LOVED the idea and concept behind JA:O but playing it just made me wish it kept their "online" part but used X-COM's combat system.  The three things that ruined it for me were:

1) Can't rotate camera at all so in many cases it is nearly impossible to see clearly for positioning your unit in proper cover.

2) You can't shoot around a corner.  You have to literally step out into the open, fire, then walk back to the corner.

3) Your units only look forward, they have no necks so they cannot turn their heads no matter what, or else their spine breaks.  Because of this, to look to your left you have to actually turn your body and use up action points.  (lol this one is pretty ridiculous)

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    When I tried it you essentially had to play daily in order to earn enough game cash to keep paying the mercenaries you hired.  A browser game isn't worth that time dedication.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams