Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 Pricing $399.99 USD

13»

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Never been a console fan. The only reason I have a PS3 is to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime/and it's Blue Ray, and I got it for Xmas..Really not a fan of console games, just mmorpg's.

I don't see myself ever rushing out to get the new consoles.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Sony just gave Microsoft a mushroom tattoo to the face !
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by huskie77

I'll be buying both so I don't care. However, it's almost like this site's readers can't apply even a little bit of reason or effort into research. Yup PS4 is $100 cheaper. It doesn't come with the ps4eye camera, unlike the xbox that comes with the connect. Also, the kinnect camera has a lot more capability and a huge headstart in applications. The hardware of both devices is almost identical but with PS4 having a slight edge in the ddr4 ram instead of xbox using ddr3. Then look at the game launch titles and the advantage goes back to Microsoft again for most, but not all people. Further you have the operating system. Even if you don't think you will use it right now, the television feature on the xbox is a pretty cool utility that many people will eventually enjoy using.

Now on to the "DRM" issue so many love to keep spouting. Microsoft has clarified repeatedly that they do not have a used games system figured out but that they do want to support it. There is often the oft repeated statement about not being able to share games amongst friends and family. Once again, everyon is hanging on to the poor information from the original press release. Since then MS has clarified that you can share your game with up to 10 "family" members on any number of game systems anywhere. More clarification on that is coming but it seems that you will be able to add people to your friends and family style account so that it works on their xbox.

PS4 also hasn't show a lot about their system and they may have some awesome stuff in store for us. It may also be simply that the only way they can compete is by selling their system piece by piece so morons will see the lower price and think it's a clear choice.

Sorry Huskie, Microsoft has released a clear statement to what they will do for Used Games. And by Piece by Piece do you mean that without the 1 camera, that only works with some games, and is not really interesting to a good many gamers.  Kinect was probably one of the better fads to come out but it was a fad. I don't see myself altering my gaming setup and placement so that i can play dance dance revolution. 

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

http://gaygamer.net/2013/01/sony_patents_technology_to_pre.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-03-sony-patents-tech-to-block-use-of-second-hand-games

They do own patent to block used games completely ^.^ 

Which will be most likely used to block pirate copies.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by ichihaifu

http://gaygamer.net/2013/01/sony_patents_technology_to_pre.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-03-sony-patents-tech-to-block-use-of-second-hand-games

They do own patent to block used games completely ^.^ 

Which will be most likely used to block pirate copies.

Its funny because if you read the comments in both articles you will see 180 degree opinion change of what we notice here. And that was just 5-6 months ago :) Next-gen are scheduled to go out in another 4-5 months :)

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

I am always a PC gamer first and a console gamer next.

With that said I always have owned a PS3. PS3 has superior hardware under the hood verses Xbox.

The difference between the two when it boils down to it is games that are exclusive to PS3 and Xbox. Not to mention Microsoft is behind Xbox so it's always been a price gouge out of everything for it especially the online part. PS3 is free online unless you buy the Playstation Plus membership which you really don't need.

I would own a Xbox if Microsoft wasn't behind it because there are games that I really want to play that are Xbox exclusive. Xbox has way more RPG's for it than PS3 but again I just won't make that plunge for Microscam.

I'm not against Xbox and never was I'm just against Microsoft and them trying to squeeze the customers out of every last penny.

PS4 when it was mentioned already had me sold from the start.

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Opapanax

@Skipper the workings of the systems go beyond the hardware. Playstation 4 is slated to be the more powerful system between the two.

I believe one our forums folks Quizzical (Sp) posted something about the tech side of the two systems and how Playstation 4 archictecture opened it up for more powerful avenues when it came to building games for the systems and the way the proccess are handled within them...

PS4 architecture information is not publicly disclosed I dont know where you are getting this info from. From what I read both will be using AMD APU (read system on a chip) with identical GPU. Also XBO will be running 3 OSes at the same time on that 8Gb of RAM, for some reason xD they had good explanation about it, i just forgot. Somethign about snapping up facebook/skype while playing without losing a single frame per second 

It was a post from one of our Forums folks. I'm sorry it's probably pretty burried somewhere in the general discussion forum. But he is a rather techy poster around here and dolled out some really interesting info about the two.

Yes the actual HARDWARE between the two will be similar in areas, but the way they are able to handle procceses and the way they go about them is what seperates the two systems in that department.

Playstation 4 will be the more powerful system between the two.

You are correct, Quizzical had a very detailed post comparing the hardware and how the PS4 is the more powerful. I won't even try to summarize, link below:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/385693/If-you-want-a-next-generation-gaming-console-then-you-want-a-PlayStation-4and-not-an-Xbox-One.html

Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

With that said I always have owned a PS3. PS3 has superior hardware under the hood verses Xbox.

The difference between the two when it boils down to it is games that are exclusive to PS3 and Xbox. Not to mention Microsoft is behind Xbox so it's always been a price gouge out of everything for it especially the online part. PS3 is free online unless you buy the Playstation Plus membership which you really don't need.

I would own a Xbox if Microsoft wasn't behind it because there are games that I really want to play that are Xbox exclusive. Xbox has way more RPG's for it than PS3 but again I just won't make that plunge for Microscam.

I'm not against Xbox and never was I'm just against Microsoft and them trying to squeeze the customers out of every last penny.

Its funny you should say that while using Windows to play on the PC xD Hypocrite much? Or just pirate :) 

P.S: Hardware speaking, the iPhone is worse than the droid phones in the past 2-3 years but if you look at the quality, you'll see that the iPhone manages to achieve the same and in some games even better experience than the droid phones with 4+ cores (for whatever reason someone would need 4 cores on a smartphone) 

P.S: In the end, horsepower doesn't matter. Whats important is the experience. If and its not really an if, the devs create amazing games, nobody would care what the XBO has "under-the-hood" 

P.S: Don't forget that X360 had A LOT more miserable hardware than PS3 back in the day :) 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I agree with your last post Skipp1er and is one reason why Sony systems have always been superior between the two based on their potential..

Sony just builds a more powerful system than any of the other two. Microsoft and Nintendo, they went a little haywire last system with the $600 price tag, but their playstations have always put to shame when compared to their competitors.

Sony is just good at building solid systems. I'm not saying the other companies are any flatliners or anything like that, but when looking at the overall longevity of recent generation systems. Sony has a clear cut advantage..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Its funny you should say that while using Windows to play on the PC xD Hypocrite much? Or just pirate :) 

P.S: Hardware speaking, the iPhone is worse than the droid phones in the past 2-3 years but if you look at the quality, you'll see that the iPhone manages to achieve the same and in some games even better experience than the droid phones with 4+ cores (for whatever reason someone would need 4 cores on a smartphone) 

P.S: In the end, horsepower doesn't matter. Whats important is the experience. If and its not really an if, the devs create amazing games, nobody would care what the XBO has "under-the-hood" 

It's funny how you just assume I'm even on a Window's based PC. Remember when you point the finger at someone else you have 3 pointing back at you.

It's also funny that you are only going off one sentence I wrote instead of the whole post. Do you read much, apparently not

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Thing you have to remember also is with M$ and Xbox one you never really own the game due to their DRM system. All you own is the box and the rest is rented.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    It's like Microsoft did it on purpose.  Like they want out of the console market.   Anyway, if they dont changes their politics Xbox One is gonna be a mega failure.

It's funny how you just assume I'm even on a Window's based PC. Remember when you point the finger at someone else you have 3 pointing back at you.

It's also funny that you are only going off one sentence I wrote instead of the whole post. Do you read much, apparently not

Meh ... If you are doing Linux or Mac gaming you are not a real gamer anyway

Besides, from your post all I got is that you are hater imbecile and you are not really giving any constructive criticism so yeah, I really don't care what you say or how you feel O.o 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I agree with your last post Skipp1er and is one reason why Sony systems have always been superior between the two based on their potential..

Sony just builds a more powerful system than any of the other two. Microsoft and Nintendo, they went a little haywire last system with the $600 price tag, but their playstations have always put to shame when compared to their competitors.

Sony is just good at building solid systems. I'm not saying the other companies are any flatliners or anything like that, but when looking at the overall longevity of recent generation systems. Sony has a clear cut advantage..

After my last 360 died on me I gave up on Xbox forever. I went through 3 of them, during that time my ps3 and pc's didn't break once....I was actually planning on getting out of consoles all together, but the $399.99 is alot less than I was expecting.  I was expecting something like $600-800, definitely nothing less than the ps3 started out as.

Late in the current generation, I have noticed some things.  Playing at a friend's house, we were playing Battlefield 3.  It looks and plays HORRIBLE on the 360.  I have it on PC, and I've also played it on ps3 at a local game store tourney (team came in second wootz).  The ps3 handled the game well, and you didn't get any studdering or fps drops in explosions.  PC still looks and plays the best, but that won't change anytime soon hehe.

My kids are pc gamers now.  Other than Madden, NFS: Most Wanted, and Battlefield 3, they haven't touched the ps3 in over a year.  They're too busy playing WoW and Rift (well not anymore, we all quit Rift).  I guess I'll have to get "them" one for christmas maybe.  I haven't liked consoles since the Nintendo 64, since it seems everything after that console is just rehashing old games.  The only game I liked on newer consoles is Zelda skyward and princess, and that's on the Wii.  Kinda funny how the "non-gamer" console was the one I played the most lol.

@Gravarg

We are all waiting for the return of Killer Instinct Gold..  Hahaaaaa... Nintendo 64 all day man. Still one of the greatest systems ever.

I'd dare say almost better than our current gen systems..

@Gravarg

We are all waiting for the return of Killer Instinct Gold..  Hahaaaaa... Nintendo 64 all day man. Still one of the greatest systems ever.

If you miss that game all that much you can always find an emulator around :) 

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    The Xbox One will be like the Xbox one and it will lose them billions, don't worry they will get their money back on games and software and also Live accounts.

PS4 + 2 years of PS+ > Xbox One Dead Last Edition

@Gravarg

If you miss that game all that much you can always find an emulator around :) 

Yea I did, but that was meant to be played on the N64 not emulated onto my PC. I'm more clamouring for a new title in the franchise. They cheated alot of us gamers.

Unfortunately RARE is not longer in business from my understanding and is one reason why we probably haven't seen a rehash.

I personally feel its one of the best fighting franchises ever. Along the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken series. Virtua Fighter is another one that comes to mind that hasn't seen a reboot in a while. I believe that game lasted a bit longer than the Killer Instinct franchise purely based on Vitua Fighters Arcade dominance for so long..