Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$12,500 founder pack? What?

124»

Comments

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    It's how kickstarter works. You have to include some "whale" tiers, its in the rules.
  • ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Originally posted by Zezda
    God forbid that people are allowed to decide how they want to spend their own money.

So much rage over nothing.

It has nothing to do with being aloud to spent your money how you see fit or not.

Games should be 50 max or a monthly fee but not 50 bucks and then constantly reminded buy more more.
    Those who just wanne play game and pay 50 bucks now know they have a half content rest you see if you buy more its all money grab these days lazy money hungry bastards that only make full games if you pay 1000bucks.

You have no clue whatsoever.

PoE is perfectly playable without paying anything. You have full content at your disposal, no limits. The only two things perhaps holding you down are only four stash tabs (which are much, much larger than in similar arpgs anyway) and a (rather high) limit on character slots. That's it, and those two things are dirt cheap, if you spend maybe 20$ that is all you will ever realllistically need. The rest is skins and extra visual effects. 

PoE has actually one of the most generous f2p models I have ever seen in a game. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

errl well its not like its something you have to buy..

Its there as a choice for people who have that kind of cash spare to help out the publishers a bit.. thats all.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    To those saying 12k is too much to be allowed to create your own monster, look for the indiegogo fund raiser for an extra fighter in Skull Girls, where they asked for 150k and explained in detail the expenses required to make it. Sure a fighting character is more complex than a monster in this game, but the price is also 12 times bigger.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

I don't see anything wrong with having expensive packs like that.  You're not actually getting $12,500 worth but you're also not required to purchase it and there's nothing Pay to Win about it.  Think of the $12,500 pack as being like another form of Kickstarter.  It's just a donation with some goodies thrown in.  By the way, a lot of people have actually purchased that pack.

• RaassRaass Member UncommonPosts: 24
    That $12,500 was 2012 dollars, the Fed has printed way more money now, its more like $15,025 ><
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek
    Originally posted by Datastar
    LOL wow that's....just wow....if someone actually buys that I hope they suffer immensely, some folks cant even afford food.

I agree. How dare someone spend the money they more than likely worked hard to earn on whatever they want to! How selfish of people to feel so entitled to the fruit of their own labor. Bastards.

/sarcasm

I'd say that someone who is able to spend 12.5k on a forum title is probably not in the division that is working hard and probably not even honest, but is filthy rich exploiting other people working hard and honest in a meak day to day living. Welcome to the system.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I do not see the $12,500 pack anywhere, was it sold?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Lumm
    I love how they added free shipping in there.

Hehe, that's great.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

I think this is a prime moment for a ageless response.

Stay mad scrubs.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by fascism

6 months later...

"Yeah remember the Mouldy Chicken from Paths Of Exile? I designed that!"

"Paths of exile isnt that a  diablo clone that had all those useless passive skills? People still play that?"

"well no... but I had a part in designing it!"

"How much did they pay you?"

"Uh.. i paid them 12,000 dollars but I got a forum title! And im in the credits!"

"..."

just wanted to highlight that. nearly a year later and the game is doing very good and even has queues when a big new patch releases