Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games i want seem miles away

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Ive got a busy RL but I do like a good ol game. Problem is all the games I would like to play seem miles away..

TESO

Wildstar

WOD

Archeage

EQ Next

Is there any firm dates on the above titles?

Now and again I do check but im not so good at finding info....

Comments

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Games always look better when they're miles away. That's why most players are more interested in what's coming up next than in enjoying what's in front of them now. The nearer they get, the more evident their flaws become. Before you know it, tomorrow's jam has become yesterday's vomit and we're all back to gazing hopefully at the horizon once again.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by crack_fox
    Games always look better when they're miles away. That's why most players are more interested in what's coming up next than in enjoying what's in front of them now. The nearer they get, the more evident their flaws become. Before you know it, tomorrow's jam has become yesterday's vomit and we're all back to gazing hopefully at the horizon once again.

'grass is always greener on the other side of the street.'

How many times I haven't read features of a MMO in development, going "oooh aaaah, omg" every time more info was released only to be disappointed when the game didn't deliver when it was launched.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Camelot Unchained doesn't come til almost 2016.

It's going to be a very, very long road.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I'm still waiting on world of Darkness. image

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

CCP said they have no estimated release date and work has not even started.

They said 2017 is a possibility - but it will likely take longer.

It does sound nice, though...still...

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

wildstar seems to be developing at a quality pace

chances are it will be the first of those games to get my money.... and as long as they dont drop the ball it could be the only game to get my money =P

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I've stopped waiting on games and started playing all the games that are right here, right now. This involved playing a lot of Minecraft, but here shortly it'll involve playing Silent Hill: HD Collection.

When something interesting pops up, I'll play it. I'm not going to invest years worth of time and energy into waiting for games that may never exist.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by crack_fox

Not true for diablo 3, bioshock, dishonored, Deus Ex, Van helsing, Warhammer Quest ....at least for me.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    I hear ya man.  I'm starting to believe that Phantasy Star Online 2 is never going to be released in the US.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well there's a few I'm looking forwards too miles away like camelot unchained, elite 4, mojangs space game and segas total warhammer.

Then there's a few further away I'm cautious about like eqn.

But yeah newer upcoming stuff only into starbound and possibly TESO.
  • romelloromello Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    I hear ya man.  I'm starting to believe that Phantasy Star Online 2 is never going to be released in the US.

its too late for it to be anyway since majority of ppl who really wanted to play it already have and do on jap servers english patched & even spent money on it. Pso2 Global or NA/EU will flop wenever it launches doesnt matter anymore

as for games im waiting for its Black Desert, Black Sheep, Mabinogi 2, Yea ther definitely miles away

hallo ~_~

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

According to one source I saw a long time ago, Carbon was a disaster and put simple, 'It doesn't work' was how they put it. Knowing how CQ in EVE is, it might look really good but you plow in to stuff, you can't turn correctly, it's like you are swimming in oil. It's not the sort of game I'd want to play. Add to that it took a long time and a lot of money to find that out, it's hard to know when it will make it.

I too am looking forward to my next big let down, OP. No matter how great the company tries to make it, you just know there will be a catch.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by DonY81

Ive got a busy RL but I do like a good ol game. Problem is all the games I would like to play seem miles away..

TESO

Wildstar

WOD

Archeage

EQ Next

Is there any firm dates on the above titles?

Now and again I do check but im not so good at finding info....

And they will most likely be let downs as well. With the exception of WOD if you mean world of darkness. Which from this list is probably the game that will come out last :) 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Then all of a sudden they release and you realise they are nowhere near as good as you thought they were going to be ;(
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Leave me out of this discussion that im only interested in games that are far away im enjoying alot games right now.

This don't mean im not eager to play The Witcher 3 next year or Grim Dawn.

Of that list OP you showed TESO(not my interest tho) end of the year thats rather soon.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Then all of a sudden they release and you realise they are nowhere near as good as you thought they were going to be ;(

Oh, there's generally plenty of warning.

We begin tearing them down at least six months out.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.