Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN vs WildStar : Poll

Comments

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Wildstar = Themepark, hub to hub quest grind

EQN= Sandbox 

there really is no doubt which will win

Well heres the thing, and imo what makes things interesting.

Wildstar has the harbinger of sandbox endgame...clan based warfare and asset destruction via clan cities built and destroyed.  If they do this right (in an open world) youll have one hell of an awesome clan based meta game on hand.  Skeptical on this as im almost certain its all gonna be instanced and therefore a hell of a lot more boring and removing sandbox metagaming via alliances and uninvited guests.

EQN is whatever you want it to be right now because its nothing but a picture of a developers screen, a few scenery shots, and smedly talking about sandbox, which is what he said ps2 is...and its not a sandbox its a TPS with no sand at all.

Wildstar will certainly win at first, then when EQN is launched it will win, and when people bore of that in a month whatever the new hyped game is will win...this is the themepark mmorpg hamster wheel involving your wallet that you are trapped on.

I wouldn't support any of these new themeparks, something I decided to do with GW2 and moving forward...however im conviced now that all that would do if people followed suit would be to gurantee and avalanche of cheap Asian mmorpgs flooding in over here then closing down in a few months...well actually that's already happening.

Part of me wants to support these games just in the hopes that a company that will someday make a complex, risky, sandbox doesn't go out of business making some shit themepark with a twist.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

"John Smedley says that Sony’s upcoming MMO Everquest Next will be more Minecraft than Warcraft."

"We settled on a design that, when we looked at it, everyone in the room thought we were crazy. We gave it a week and came back, and we all said 'yeah, we're still crazy, but we can't get the idea out of our heads. ... It's going to be the world's largest sandbox game."

"Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley.     "             

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by BrownAle

EQN= Sandbox 

Wildstar has the harbinger of sandbox endgame...clan based warfare and asset destruction via clan cities built and destroyed.  If they do this right (in an open world) youll have one hell of an awesome clan based meta game on hand.  Skeptical on this as im almost certain its all gonna be instanced and therefore a hell of a lot more boring and removing sandbox metagaming via alliances and uninvited guests.

EQN is whatever you want it to be right now because its nothing but a picture of a developers screen, a few scenery shots, and smedly talking about sandbox, which is what he said ps2 is...and its not a sandbox its a TPS with no sand at all.

Wildstar will certainly win at first, then when EQN is launched it will win, and when people bore of that in a month whatever the new hyped game is will win...this is the themepark mmorpg hamster wheel involving your wallet that you are trapped on.

I wouldn't support any of these new themeparks, something I decided to do with GW2 and moving forward...however im conviced now that all that would do if people followed suit would be to gurantee and avalanche of cheap Asian mmorpgs flooding in over here then closing down in a few months...well actually that's already happening.

Part of me wants to support these games just in the hopes that a company that will someday make a complex, risky, sandbox doesn't go out of business making some shit themepark with a twist.

Wildstar's floating city PVP isn't open world. It's instanced.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by BrownAle

EQN= Sandbox 

Warplots is instanced.

Also everyone will just do Arena pvp anyways to grind for pvp gear.

I look forward to wildstar, but i dont see any sandbox elements to it, unless you count instance housing... i guess.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I don't really consider wildstar to be heavy weight...more like mid weight.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    EQN will be a console RPG with MMO touch, like DCUO. it will be huge let down for people who are hyped about that game. SOE is not the kind of company that will spend money to make a game more fluid for PC; DCUO is a good example of how they do things when it comes to a multiplatform game. don't get your hopes up.

Does this mean the Planetside 2 controls are going to become magically worse because it is now a multiplatform game?

agree

both PS2 and EQ3 are using the same game engine

http://www.eq3dev.com/everquest-3/forge-light/

DCUO is not a good comparison for EQ3

EQN won't be a shooting game despite the engine similarity and using the same engine for rpg and shooting game also makes me believe that i am going to be right. how many skills each class in ps2 have? how many skills you can use in combat? will you play an everquest game if each class only have about 15-20 skills and you can only choose 9 of them to use in combat? i am sure i won't play an everquest game that is like ps2.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80

SoE is shooting itself in the foot over EQN, and WildStar sill hasn't left Beta. There is no locked down release date for these games.

IMHO I'm guessing Eve Online will come out on top Again!

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Well on forums any of this two could be on first place but in reality TESO will be the next best selling  mmo.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Remains
    Rofl at this thread... We know next to NOTHING about EQN... and still this thread is practically oozing with fanboyism. People, you really should try to snap out of it, or you're very likely to be dissapointed. Extreme hype tends to do that with people.

can you blame people? smed claims it will be the largest sandbox mmo ever created, what do you expect?

plus i would be geeked about any new EQ mmo, especially one that is geared more to what the original was.

that alone gets me hyped and if it doesn't deliver? oh fucking well, i don't get butt soar and disappointed like so many gamers here do, that is for sure.

what i do know is, i am not playing in a cartoon world, not happening.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by bubaluba
    Well on forums any of this two could be on first place but in reality TESO will be the next best selling  mmo.

yep and probably have the most subs (other than wow) if it has one. if it doesn't have a sub and is B2P the player-base will be enormous.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Other than both of them being fantasy (or Sci-Fantasy for wildstar) what do they have in common? Wildstar is a themepark mmo and EQNext is a sandbox (reportedly anyway)

Might as well make a poll stating Themepark vs Sandbox

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

"Themepark WoWclone with cartoon graphics" vs. "Biggest sandbox ever made".

who will take the crown.

Originally posted by DocBrody

"Themepark WoWclone with cartoon graphics" vs. "Biggest sandbox ever made".

who will take the crown.

Who would've thought WOW would've become bigger than EQ2 tho

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Originally posted by Tinybina

Man oh Man you people drooling all over this are going to be in for a shock.

The game engine they are building this thing on is HORRIBLE.   

Can't wait until I hear the cries of people on the forums when  they have more then 100 people in a area doing anything and lagging their butts off.  

They better make sure they make PVP instanced because if they don't this game will be a wreck. 

EQN or Wildstar?

because EQNs engine already exists and can handle 2000 players in a zone with full real time combat.

Heh! If the guy means EQN, he/she has most likely not watched or played Planetside 2 much, or at all... :)

I play planetside 2 everyday.  On the most populated American server Matterson.   So trust me I know what I am talking about.  

Those who choose to want to believe the guy that quoted me instead of me run on over the Planetside 2's Tech forums and see all the complaints for your self.  Here the first search of this issue is on me, there are countless others....

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-lag-is-so-bad.130936/#post-1811640

Still in doubt about this Game engine that will be used in EQN?  See below

Here is the issue recorded 6 months ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2fym5oL1Yc

Here is the SAME issue recorded 1 week ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTn89MCWDlo

All you EQN fans get used to it, it will happen to you! These vids don't even show the heal lag....  Like I said that GAME ENGINE is horrible, better hope EQN is a highly instanced game..

Feel free to post the "This is not going to be PS2 it will be EQN with different developers stuff."   And I will just respond now by saying they will be working on the SAME GAME ENGINE with the same company (SOE), if they new how to fix the lag they would have done it by now!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Man oh Man you people drooling all over this are going to be in for a shock.

The game engine they are building this thing on is HORRIBLE.   

Can't wait until I hear the cries of people on the forums when  they have more then 100 people in a area doing anything and lagging their butts off.  

They better make sure they make PVP instanced because if they don't this game will be a wreck. 

EQN or Wildstar?

because EQNs engine already exists and can handle 2000 players in a zone with full real time combat.

Heh! If the guy means EQN, he/she has most likely not watched or played Planetside 2 much, or at all... :)

I play planetside 2 everyday.  On the most populated American server Matterson.   So trust me I know what I am talking about.  

Those who choose to want to believe the guy that quoted me instead of me run on over the Planetside 2's Tech forums and see all the complaints for your self.  Here the first search is on me, there are countless others....

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-lag-is-so-bad.130936/#post-1811640

That game engine is horrible and it will be powering EQN, or try to.  We can't heal/Repair in PS2 during peak hours, what makes you think you will be able to do it in a game that is a real RPG ala EQN....

AND YES THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS!

Planetside 2 seems to be dogged with problems, every time they patch the game the same things seem to break over and over again, its just crazy,  and thats before you get to how easy the game is to hack, or appears to be given how many hackers there are, okay we report the ones we see hacking the game, but, we see people doing this every day, its not a good sign.image

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Wildstar is crap. We know nothing about eqn so yeah. But if anything I would say that eqn is more likely to be THE mmo cause Wildstar is crap.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ForaFora Member Posts: 1

I'm ready for the hate.

This poll is severely biased due to it being posted on EQN's forum.... I'd put this poll on more neutral ground, but that's just me though.

Oh well, I hope you all enjoy EQN, I'm heading back to Nexus. See you all around!

• ChaosdarkenChaosdarken Member Posts: 5

Though this thread is biased I want to say this.

If EQN is done right it be like playing EQ1 vanilla for our veteran MMO players that actually played back in the 90's. I wasn't a part of that feeling because at that time I was still a young child then and grew up playing Runescape. I didn't get into the whole WoW generation like many others did I jumped onto the foreign MMOs on of which was a French MMO known as Dofus a tactical MMO. 

So honestly I can't really be on the nostalgic hype train for this game I will still give it a shot at least. As for Wildstar I am going to try that one out too because I think both of these games will keep my interest for a while.

If EQN wants to cater the folks who want to relive playing vanilla EQ1 then let them the same goes for those who want to play Wildstar it will cater those who wish to play vanilla WoW.  I will never understand why there has to be so much hate going around for these games but I do know that is how the internet is sadly. 

I wish you all the best for your game and hope to meet some of you in game in the future for better or for worse. Same goes to those who wish to play Wildstar as well. 

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Wildstar is just a Wow clone i won't even bother with that game.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Thunder073

How is this even a comparison? Wildstar looks terrible regardless of what we do or do not know of EQN.

EQN will undoubtedly be the next big game to hit the market as long as it compliments EQ1 and not EQ2

In that regard, I'm hoping SOE still understands their mistake with EQ2, and seeks to not blunder a second EQ installment in a row.

I think wildstar has an awesome art direction. Very stylized and most importantly, it looks fleshed out and solid. Everything looks like a part of the world so there's no uncanny valley looking characters or objects. The game play looks nice and some of the features look very interesting. However I'm very cautious about the game and I'd like for there to be a trial before I decide whether to invest time or not.

EQ-Next: There's far too little information on this for me to comment on it. I'll have to  wait a while before I can decide whether it's worth trying out or not. EQ2 was a mess. SOE has fixed a lot of problems at EQ's launch but it's poor execution and time of release was a mistake that cost them. However, I would really like EQNext to succeed and give me some sense of nostalgia as well as new elements to the game that make it fresh and great. If EQNext can capture what I'm looking for I'll go for it. 

For now, I won't choose either for the poll because I don't have enough information on them to decide which I'd prefer to play let alone want to succeed the most. Both games seems to have potential, at least I give potential to EQNext because it's too early to know whether we can say it doesn't have potential.

Originally posted by fivoroth
    Wildstar is crap. We know nothing about eqn so yeah. But if anything I would say that eqn is more likely to be THE mmo cause Wildstar is crap.

How is Wildstar crap?

Edit: Do you know what subjective means? Sorry if it seems like an insult on your intelligence. I'm just checking to see if you have any.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

EQN

Wildstar looks like its for children ages 5-12

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

There is very little information out on EQ:N. I can't support a game I know nothing about. 

WildStar, on the other hand, has plenty of information available to the public. It looks good, has promising features, and has a ton of potential.

Therefore, I vote WildStar until EQ:N can prove itself the more promising title. I won't hold my breath though. 

Originally posted by Aeander

There is very little information out on EQ:N. I can't support a game I know nothing about. 

WildStar, on the other hand, has plenty of information available to the public. It looks good, has promising features, and has a ton of potential.

Therefore, I vote WildStar until EQ:N can prove itself the more promising title. I won't hold my breath though. 

The question wasn't what game is going to be better . No one knows that because there isn't enough information out about EQN.

But there are a lot of fans of EQ/EQ2 that hope EQN will be the most awesome game ever .

Thus I asked the question what game would you hope is going to be best  knowing that a lot of people have no played EQ because it was a long long time ago in a world that has since changed .