Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 'Live' Date Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to Perfect World Entertainment, Neverwinter will officially hit "live" status on June 20th. In addition, they gave a few more details on Fury of the Feywild, the first module (content expansion) for the game. It will feature an attempt by Fomorian Giants to seize the Elven city of Sharandar.

We're excited to announce that our most anticipated and widely-acclaimed free-to-play action MMORPG, Neverwinter, concludes Open Beta Testing and launches on June 20, 2013! The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym, our level 60 PvE and PvP content for veteran players. New challenges await within Gauntlgrym as players fight for the greatest treasures hidden deep in the ancient Dwarven city. Seasoned veterans who have mastered the many dungeon delves and skirmishes in Neverwintershould prepare for their toughest challenges yet. Enter the battlegrounds and prove who is most deserving of Neverwinter's riches.

UPDATE: PWE has also announced that a public test realm will be included for players to assist the development team with bug squashing of new patches. The first patch change log for the PTR has shown up here and includes some significant alterations.

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    They should open a new server, cheaters can stay on theirs and people that want an even playing field with no exploits can go to new server.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Rynet
    They should open a new server, cheaters can stay on theirs and people that want an even playing field with no exploits can go to new server.

That's actually a great idea. Fresh economy and have paid transfers for anyone else wanting to transfer their toon instead of rolling a new one.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Lol transfers would kinda defeat the purpose though ..

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Lol transfers would kinda defeat the purpose though ..

^ This. I do wish they did a new server though, I'd gladly suffer through GWF again and lose out on my legit earned astrals for the sake of a fresh start without cheaters.

As a side note, its nice they are at least releasing it "live" so early instead of a permanent "open beta"

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    It appears I am over it before it even started. For me, a shallow experience that didn't capture me for the long haul.

• A good game. A bad mmorpg. I need it to consist of more than leveling to level 60 cap and then grinding dungeons. 

Leveling should be a part of an mmorpg, not the whole game. Although there is crafting, but that is like - log in once per day and set the timers then log out. 

The new server is a great idea though.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Soooo... they gonna fix class imbalances or will it be all rogue Win Win teams?

Maybe if they add a few classes then I might consider playing it, until then I'll pass as I can't stomach leveling any of the shitacular choice of classes.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Since up untill now was a beta they should just wipe everything and everyone should start over. Players are treating like it was a Live game already.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Don't you just love how we have to put live in quotations now. Kind of like when we know what we're saying is total bullshit but it's what they're calling it.....oh that is what's going on.
  • Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Economy is so jacked up from the endless number of exploits. Could have been a good game but fell apart fast. I had almost 50 guild members and none of them play any more.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yeah, but this being Cryptic, they'd have to "open a new server" every month due to some new major exploit being discovered in the code on all existing servers... image

• FullMetalAlcFullMetalAlc Member UncommonPosts: 217

Neverwinter was OK  leveling 1-60. The dungeons some were interesting the firs time but more often then not badly designed and imbalanced. The dungeon finder does not work properly putting 4 rogues and 1 wizard together in a group when for endgame content you now need the defacto 2 cleric astral shield and that's on top of  terrain/LOS hacks to make contentn doable.

If you want a real quality F2P game, try Rift. The game is not bad at all, graphically better than Neverwinter, and the dungeon finder works!!!!!!! to make a full balanced party with tank/healer, etc.

If your going to sign up for a Rift account now to get a head start use this code in your account management.

39QT-NDY7-2ZRW-CWDG-ZXKX

It will give players a purple EXP boost trinket and 5% gold increase trinket.

Rift is officially F2P next week but it's open access right now as far as I know and everyone is already playing.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

PWE and Cryptic haven't learned a thing from other games. Combining PvE and PvP like that spells failure. The PvE crowd will rightfully whine at having to do a PvP match for their PvE progression; and the PvP crowd will rightfully whine about having their new map being 2/3 PvE content.

Catering to the losers of the match too...really, how much hand holding do people need these days?

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Saying this game is not live is the biggest con i have seen to date, They are trying to use the "it's beta" excuse to hide the games short comings.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by FullMetalAlc

Neverwinter was OK  leveling 1-60. The dungeons some were interesting the firs time but more often then not badly designed and imbalanced. The dungeon finder does not work properly putting 4 rogues and 1 wizard together in a group when for endgame content you now need the defacto 2 cleric astral shield and that's on top of  terrain/LOS hacks to make contentn doable.

If you want a real quality F2P game, try Rift. The game is not bad at all, graphically better than Neverwinter, and the dungeon finder works!!!!!!! to make a full balanced party with tank/healer, etc.

If your going to sign up for a Rift account now to get a head start use this code in your account management.

39QT-NDY7-2ZRW-CWDG-ZXKX

It will give players a purple EXP boost trinket and 5% gold increase trinket.

Rift is officially F2P next week but it's open access right now as far as I know and everyone is already playing.

Nice shill.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by TheMaahes

PWE and Cryptic haven't learned a thing from other games. Combining PvE and PvP like that spells failure. The PvE crowd will rightfully whine at having to do a PvP match for their PvE progression; and the PvP crowd will rightfully whine about having their new map being 2/3 PvE content.

Catering to the losers of the match too...really, how much hand holding do people need these days?

Do you want people to play PvP? If there's no reward for participation, only for winning, soon, there will be 2 types of people in the game, those few who PvP and crush all opponents, and wonder why it takes 5 hours for the queue to fill, and those who don't care anymore about being crushed.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Yeah, but this being Cryptic, they'd have to "open a new server" every month due to some new major exploit being discovered in the code on all existing servers... image

No they won't, they simply need to stop half assing the product.  Numerous MMOs share the same system as Neverwinter's cash shop dealing with currency and yet they have bout zero exploits.  Cryptic put out a half assed product without doing all the checks or listened to the testers as they should have. 

It's not the hard to properly code this crap.

• saif905saif905 Member Posts: 2

Pay to win

• saif905saif905 Member Posts: 2

And Knavemare plays Fair

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    So much potential but pay to win:/
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Its not pay to win. People who pay money do not get anything that gives an advantage over players who don't. I wish people would stop saying its pay to win.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Its not pay to win. People who pay money do not get anything that gives an advantage over players who don't. I wish people would stop saying its pay to win.

Coalescent wards are borderline, but the fact you can change AD to Zen kinda counters that.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I guess they are tired of the automatic chargebacks (boo-hoo). In practical terms in regards to the game itself, so what, and who cares? As soon as they announced there would be no further server wipes, the game was live.
  • kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    This game is no where near ready to be released, still ton of bugs/unbalanced/eploits/etc for them to go "live". If they want any chance to be successful they need to keep the beta going and fix all those things first, and even then it wont be successful in the eyes of certain players like myself.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by kizan0601
    This game is no where near ready to be released, still ton of bugs/unbalanced/eploits/etc for them to go "live". If they want any chance to be successful they need to keep the beta going and fix all those things first, and even then it wont be successful in the eyes of certain players like myself.

The game is already live! This is just the typical F2P Open Beta excuse bulls hit to cover up the huge problems and exploits from last weeks and wipe them under the rug.

They have been taking people's Money through the cash shop and via founder packs.

So there won't be a wipe and clean start to reset the utterly destroyed economy, with tons of People having litterly billions of AD on their accounts and got away with it unpunished.

I have written off my Guardian Pack as a 50 bucks loss and moved on.

No way in hell I am ever gonna touch this game again nor any other game from PWE/Cryptic.