Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Phase 3 Questions and answers from the Beta testers and Photos

Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

I and other Beta testers when Phase 3 kicks off can speak about anything and everything about ARR , We can also show you Pictures of the game . So on June 14th be ready to ask your questions to us beta testers . Below is what we can and can not do . So If your not in Beta and what to know what to expect this will be the place to do that. Get ready and enjoy the many treats we will post for you all :)

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in clarifying this, and with today's announcement seeming to cause more confusion.

Here is how non-disclosure agreement will work in Beta Test phase 3:
  • Information will be free to post. Everything is open and you can post freely about any aspect of the beta test and your thoughts on it.
In regards to images and video in Beta Test phase 3:
  • You can post images of phase 3 (no images from Alpha, phase 1 or phase 2)
  • You cannot post audio or video.
We will be making a more detailed announcement before the start of Beta phase 3, but I wanted to share this general overview now.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Comments

• AzphelAzphel Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Being in the beta as well I'm more then happy to answer what ever I am able to when the 14th comes around.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Bummer i would have loved to see players doing some Video footage of badass FATE"S and Dungeons ^^
    Yoshi is just teasing us man :(
    Open Beta aint that long away anymore so i just need to hold on and wait :)
    And E3 is comming soonish so i hope we get to see some extra shit !

Haters gonne hate, /ignore

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Alders
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Why did this game have an NDA when there was nothing original and/or innovative for any other game to even think about stealing?

people see something from a beta and naturally assume that's how the finished game will be represented.  

Unfortunately, that's typically been true.  Although, I'd give ARR a break since so much has changed.

I personally see NDA's for beta's as antiquated unless it's for testing of raiding content.

Yoshi has read player feedback and made changes where he thought that feedback was needed or made improvements, he also stated that some changes he did not make would not be an improvement from his perspective as he had his direction of how he wants the game to play.  Some individuals have complained because they wanted specific things and claiming that Yoshi isnt listening.  I'd like to link the letter he made explaining what exactly he said but until NDA is lifted then I shall link it at a later date.

Obviously I can't say to much about the Alpha, phase 1 and 2 beta tests, but I can assure you they were warranted and achieved what they were implemented for.  I agree many Betas for many games these days are used as a marketing tool rather than their intentional purposes, but that's for their potential customers to decide, though I don't agree they should be used just for raiding content.

Just to add before I'm labeled of as a fanboi, I don't entirely agree on all changes, but overall and looking at the whole picture and forthcoming content, ARR is looking very good and I think it will even surprise the ardent hater.  Yoshi and his team have done a great job in such a short space of time.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Looking forward to seeing/reading lots more about this game.

Still have my fingers crossed I'll be getting that e-mail invite in the next few days...

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I will be posting shortly after the 14th as well.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Bummer i would have loved to see players doing some Video footage of badass FATE"S and Dungeons ^^

The reason for an NDA is actually because system are still in design and being changed as of beta.

The real problem with MMO's today is that they don't have BETA but "trial versions", well don't worry phase 3 will now be basically a trial version (Yoshida's own words) not a real beta (though they did say they will still listen to feedback, you probably won't see major changes based off of them until after launch).

So don't worry you get what you want, this generation of gamers sickens me.  I remember testing MMO's for 6 mo-yr and seeing massive changes occur, but you can't have that today because of the trolls.  Of course those same trolls will then cry about how their feedback wasn't heard in beta, and how it "wasn't a real beta", no one to blame but themselves.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    I will be there with you on the 14th. It will be my first time back in the game since the first two weeks of the original release.

All die, so die well.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Murugan
    Originally posted by Mothanos

The reason for an NDA is actually because system are still in design and being changed as of beta.

The real problem with MMO's today is that they don't have BETA but "trial versions", well don't worry phase 3 will now be basically a trial version (Yoshida's own words) not a real beta (though they did say they will still listen to feedback, you probably won't see major changes based off of them until after launch).

So don't worry you get what you want, this generation of gamers sickens me.  I remember testing MMO's for 6 mo-yr and seeing massive changes occur, but you can't have that today because of the trolls.  Of course those same trolls will then cry about how their feedback wasn't heard in beta, and how it "wasn't a real beta", no one to blame but themselves.

ARR has been in Alpha/Beta testing since November last year it is now June . So the game has been in a test state for 7 months and there is still one phase of the test after this to go . So ARR will have had 9 months of testing . Granted Phase 4 is open beta and a trial Phase 3 feed back will be noted and the changes will be made come the first patch of the game witch will be after you install the retail copy .

But lets keep this thread clear of bickering please . If your a tester and are going to add to the thread you may do so as others have above . If you are not a tester and want to know more about the game you can start to ask some questions but the answers WILL NOT be posted until the 14th . So please fellow testers do not disclose anything until the 14th . And remember you can not talk about Alpha , Phase 1 and 2 . So in your answers you CAN NOT say for example  "This is different then phase 2 because in phase 2 this was like this and now its like this "  You can only talk about phase 3 .

2 Formats I would like testers to follow are this .

1. direct answers to the questions

2. Showing a photo and describing what it is and/or to help answer a question .

Different testers will have different answers to questions i.e. different interpretations of the question so the more we help the question asker the more they will understand .

Also some who are new testers and some old might have some negative things to say about aspects of the game and some will troll who are not in beta but think they know what there talking about . So be on the look out . I know a few testers by there names and I will not disclose who they are unless they do so themselves .  SO please everyone who is not a tester when the 14th hits be ready for a great wealth of info

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

I thought I read somewhere that all FFXIV 1.0 owners would be invited to B3. But, as of yet, I haven't received any sort of notification. 

Was the information wrong, or am I just last on the list?

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by tats27

I thought I read somewhere that all FFXIV 1.0 owners would be invited to B3. But, as of yet, I haven't received any sort of notification. 

Was the information wrong, or am I just last on the list?

They haven't sent phase 3 invites out yet, maybe next week?

guys can start asking our questions today : )

• rasmijnrasmijn Member UncommonPosts: 50

I'm a sucker for information and I will be demanding lots of screenshots and probably a bunch of stupid info (BUT RELEVANT TO ME) XD

I'd like to know about:

- Pugilist gameplay

-Thaumaturge gameplay 

-Archer gameplay

- what classes are required to obtain the monk job and or Black mage ( those are the ones I am currently interested in)

-screenshots of armor types

-Screenshots on Combat stances on Lalafell and Miquote.

-Would like to know a little bit about mounts/chocobos

-What are the racial differences and there are racial bonus to combat/gathering/crafting?

-Info on leveling pace/speed

-Info on how is the exploration in the game (are there any invisible walls, achievements for exploring, how big is the map are mountains climbable, all that sort of stuff)

that's about it i guess XD thanks in advance for all the info you lucky bastards!

-

• SindustrialSindustrial Member Posts: 7

I'd like to know where the hell the beta keys are.

1.0 owner, and still waiting to try out the changes in ARR.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Its funny, I had a couple questions written up but now that I got invited to beta I could just find out myself soon enough... BUT ... I guess ill ask anyway. :P

They may be public/common knowledge already but I havent really been reading every single bit of info I could find and when I do, im not sure if its info from v1.0 (which I never played) or not.

Anyway...

1) Crafting classes. Is there a limit on number of crafting classes I can take per toon? Or can I really (eventually) be a one man, fully self-reliant, manufacturing machine? On a related note ... since they're treated as classes am I to assume they take just as long to level up? The only difference being to gain XP from grinding crafting items rather than killing mobs, quests, dungeons, etc?

2)Jobs. Do they still work like 1.0 where if I want a Monk I HAVE to level 2 other classes to a certain level (30 and 15) before I can be one? Also, once I unlock the Monk job, do I start at level 1 again? If so do I have to basically return to the lowbie areas and start from scratch or will I still have the ability to hold my own and continue the content from where I was at when I unlocked the Job?

3) Specs. Havent heard anything about this so Im starting to think they just dont have them but... do they? Do classes/jobs have further customization options that'll "differentiate" the player from another of the same class/job? i.e. Talent points like WoW or Rift or maybe more like the Stigma abilities in Aion (using materia like we did in FFVII *crosses fingers*).
    Originally posted by rasmijn

I'm a sucker for information and I will be demanding lots of screenshots and probably a bunch of stupid info (BUT RELEVANT TO ME) XD

I'd like to know about:

- Pugilist gameplay

-Thaumaturge gameplay 

-Archer gameplay

- what classes are required to obtain the monk job and or Black mage ( those are the ones I am currently interested in)

-screenshots of armor types

-Screenshots on Combat stances on Lalafell and Miquote.

-Would like to know a little bit about mounts/chocobos

-What are the racial differences and there are racial bonus to combat/gathering/crafting?

-Info on leveling pace/speed

-Info on how is the exploration in the game (are there any invisible walls, achievements for exploring, how big is the map are mountains climbable, all that sort of stuff)

that's about it i guess XD thanks in advance for all the info you lucky bastards!

-

Ok Questions 1 and 2 no answer yet until we get to see the changes in them

Archer . You Start in Gridina . YOu do not need to buy arrows like FFXI or V1.0 . YOur main job is a ranged DD . The Job Tree Splits off into Bard . It is a fun job

Monk and Black Mage All Jobs require you to level a job to 30 say Pug then level its counterpart to 15 to flag the quest to be a Monk samy applies for Black Mage . I know for Archer to Bard you need to Level Archer to 30 then Conj to 15 then the quest is Flagged then you go do the quest to be a Bard

Chocobos you get to ride once you are level 20 . There are fast travel Chocobos around that you pay for and will take you to a city . Chocobos will fight by your side .

Leveling pace is based on the person someone who has a lot of time can level one class in I would say 3~6 weeks if they were die hard at it maybe less . BUT the main way to level is by doing Quests they offer the most exp BUT once you do a quest it is gone so chose what you want to level up first for questing . FATEs offer great exp but the way after your first or second Job you will want to do Raids in dungeons with parties . It is the Very best exp

There are some areas that have walls but not many . The areas are big but are Zoned out like FFXI . You can climb some stuff but not al things

For your photos ill take pics along the way tomorrow or someone will post some

Originally posted by Kayo83
    Its funny, I had a couple questions written up but now that I got invited to beta I could just find out myself soon enough... BUT ... I guess ill ask anyway. :P

They may be public/common knowledge already but I havent really been reading every single bit of info I could find and when I do, im not sure if its info from v1.0 (which I never played) or not.

Anyway...

1) Crafting classes. Is there a limit on number of crafting classes I can take per toon? Or can I really (eventually) be a one man, fully self-reliant, manufacturing machine? On a related note ... since they're treated as classes am I to assume they take just as long to level up? The only difference being to gain XP from grinding crafting items rather than killing mobs, quests, dungeons, etc?

2)Jobs. Do they still work like 1.0 where if I want a Monk I HAVE to level 2 other classes to a certain level (30 and 15) before I can be one? Also, once I unlock the Monk job, do I start at level 1 again? If so do I have to basically return to the lowbie areas and start from scratch or will I still have the ability to hold my own and continue the content from where I was at when I unlocked the Job?

3) Specs. Havent heard anything about this so Im starting to think they just dont have them but... do they? Do classes/jobs have further customization options that'll "differentiate" the player from another of the same class/job? i.e. Talent points like WoW or Rift or maybe more like the Stigma abilities in Aion (using materia like we did in FFVII *crosses fingers*).

OK in ARR you can play ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on one Character ( we don't call them toons :p ) So no there is no limit to the crafting class you can play them all . Second part of your question is yes. You level crafting by crafting

Question 2 first part yes . Second part no your Monk will be Level 30 .

Question 3 .

MINIMUM

Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo 3GHz
    Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)
    Hard Drive: 20GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1280x720
    Internet: Broadband connection
    Sound Card: DirectSound® supported sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
    DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c or higher

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2.66GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard Drive: 20GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Internet: Broadband connection
    Sound Card: DirectSound® supported sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
    DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c or higher

* NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFire™ support will be available at release.

Every job you can use abilities from other jobs example You can Level Conj to 12 and learn cure . Then level Lancer to 12 and add Cure to your abilities because you  learned it from Conj . But Classes have there own unique set of abilities that do not cross over to other classes or jobs . You get points to add to your Chrs. Point you can adjust for STR,DEX,VIT so on and so on . As for the Materia you can add it to your armor and weapons .

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

As a Legacy Player I got invite quite early on, I played for a little while then decided... NO... I do not want to play anymore...

I want to experience ALL of this as a new player when it launches, I want the game to be a surprise for me to play when it launches again.

But the only question I have is, someone mentioned further up about a letter Yoshi wrote explaining changes, was this in the Beta only forum or the Directors Letters?

One thing I am hoping will happen, FFXIV:ARR comes out and other developers realise that it can be a good thing to recreate your entire game on a new engine then release it again.... *Looking at you UO...*

BTW...in the final Video from FFXIV 1.0 we saw our heroes get thrust into the future.... without naming any names.... are you able to confirm if some of our favorite NPCs survive as well?

To the last part yes

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    I cannot get over how well this game runs on maximum, and how good it looks, its simply incredible.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830
    Originally posted by Moodsor
    I cannot get over how well this game runs on maximum, and how good it looks, its simply incredible.

I ran 1.0 on a GT9800 that went pop (not related to the game)

I am looking forward to running this on a 650ti I have installed now

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

My biggest questions:

1. FATEs

a) What is their frequency?

b) How do their rewards compare to other open world content?  (exp, currency, gear, materials)

c) What's their variety like? (include examples, if you could)

2. Group Content

a) How much coordination did it take to execute good limit breaks?  Was it similar to a FFXI skillchain + magic burst in timing?

b) How rewarding did group combat feel in general? Did you feel you, as an individual, had the potential to shine and be the noticeable hero under the right circumstances?

3. Grind - it's unlikely you'll be able to answer this because you're only just beginning to play, so everything feels new and exciting still, but...

a) Is there a component of the game that you can identify that feels like you may have to, at some point, stop and repeat over and over again to the point where it begins to feel like a grind (which I define as the point at which a gameplay mode becomes unfun because you're forced to repeat it so much)? 

b) Just how plentiful and efficient are quests/FATEs/dungeons compared to farming mobs in a group FFXI style?

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya

Question 3 .

MINIMUM

Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit

You get points to add to your Chrs. Point you can adjust for STR,DEX,VIT so on and so on . As for the Materia you can add it to your armor and weapons .

lol well I meant "Specs" as in "specializations." I knew the hardware specs already but you answer the question none the less. Which brings me to two more.

1) Are we able to "respec" those Chrs. Points later on for a fee (gil)? Say if we make a mistake, or the inevitable "this is the optimal build for Bards" thats we'll eventually get.

2) I understand Materia goes on the gear but I was wondering what kind of buffs/stats it gives. Do they give abilities, or ability upgrades like in FFVII where the concept came from (obviously not summons)? Or is it just extra stats like STR, DEX, VIT, etc.?

P.S. Thanks for answering.

#1 yes

#2 not as of yet .

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by bestever
    Do they have different keys for the PS3 and PC? If I applied for the PC beta the key only works for PC?

Just got two keys today separate for PC and PS3.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson