Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Petition to Revive Endorsed by Garriott

12346»

Comments

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

They canned city of heroes, who was more profitable when they canned it than when they got it. They're not bringing back tabula rasa if they're not bringing back coh.

Both of which I find kinda sad.

Shadus

• bmorrisonbmorrison Member UncommonPosts: 19
    as much as I hope they succeed I also know they won't because NcSoft won't listen.  I guess us City of Heroes of fans can at least claim a pyrrhic victory with the announcement that Guild Wars 1 Will continue in an "automated maintence" mode
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    I played TR from the first day of launch, until the last day at server close.  It had its share of problems, but I really enjoyed aspects of the game.  I've yet to find another game that was nearly that much fun, in that regard.  I've been hoping that Firefall would pick that up, but it looks like Red5 is moving in a different direction now.  I'd REALLY like to see TR get another chance.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Clawhammer
    HOAH Now we got over 800 signed onto the petition.
    800 people wasted their time.

The "Save CoH" petition had 20,000 signatures and NCSoft still dismissed without a care.

Tabula Rasa will not be returning and thats probably for the best.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Clawhammer
    HOAH Now we got over 800 signed onto the petition.

800 people wasted their time.

The "Save CoH" petition had 20,000 signatures and NCSoft still dismissed without a care.

Tabula Rasa will not be returning and thats probably for the best.

Knowing NCsoft, and the typical attitude over there, it wouldn't have mattered if it had been 200,000.  Tabula Rasa was caught in the political cross fire between the upper level suits at NCsoft, and RG.  NCsofts antics eventually ended up costing them $32 million.   I seriously doubt at this point, that their ego would allow them to back track.

Richard Garriott termination [edit]

Richard Garriott, lead developer of Tabula Rasa, sued NCSOFT for US$47 million in damages concerning his termination from the company. Garriott asserted in his suit that he was forced out of the company and was made to sell his 400,000 shares in NCSOFT's stock, losing him millions of dollars. In addition, he claimed that the company was guilty of fraud by forging his resignation announcement.[16] On July 30, 2010, a jury in a Texas federal court awarded him US$28 million in damages. NCSOFT appealed the ruling.[17] Garriott again prevailed on appeal and NCSOFT was required to pay an additional US$4 million, bringing the total damages awarded to Garriott to US$32 million.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCSOFT#Richard_Garriott_termination

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16

now its996 SO SWEET, keep them cumming...

FOUR more and we are at 1 K

• ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16

now we are 1020 signed up  GREAT..

Greatness in the works.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I played Tabula Rasa from early beta until the game was shut down, and I would play again in a heartbeat. In the new age of free-to-play MMORPGs being commonplace, Tabula Rasa would be a perfect fit. DO IT!

imageimage

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Long shot, but is anyone here a former member of PlanetTR and/or the Invictus clan?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    This game died fair and square.  It shouldn't come back unless it's getting a complete revamp, IMO.

I never got to play it but was under the impression that it had a decent following....IIRC it wasn't free back then...If they released it as f2p now I'm sure quite a few would give it a look and it might even take off who knows?

• hammer3260hammer3260 Tabula Rasa CorrespondentMember Posts: 18
    Thanks again for the support everyone, please tell your friends and let's get to 2000!
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I guess he's looking for another trip into space and needs more suckers to give him money to pay for it again.

No kidding. He spends 30 million on that trip in '08. Game died in '09. You think he could have kept some for that rainy day..sorry... Day of Judgement!