Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New AH exploit NOT a rumor

13»

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, who needs a REAL testing cycle anyways ?

Here's how you develop an MMO in 2013:

Build a rock-solid Cash Shop.

Start building the actual game.

As soon as your game is reasonably stable, announce that "Open Beta" will be starting soon.

Declare that there will be no character or server wipes once "Open Beta" starts.

Offer a wide range of "starter packs", and include "Beta Early Access" in all of them.

Open the gates and watch in delight as players rush in to play your half-finished and very buggy MMO. marvel at the huge amounts of cash they spend in your Cash Shop.

Don't worry that major dupes and exploits will be found and used. The players won't care, because the game is F2P !

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by glisson
    Originally posted by azmundai

guys its still in beta ;)

/facepalm

Games that allow you to spend money are no longer in "Beta". All Free to play games say they are in open beta when they really mean the game is live and they opened the cash shop. The beta isn't really a beta anymore as there is no longer a wipe and people will keep there characters and equipment etc. Only reason they call it beta is so if they run into problems they can just pin it on o we still in beta....

Fucking Amen!! This is huge true. The biggest problem is, we are buying this behavior to them like sheep.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    This game is a great example why open betas shouldnt have cash shops.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Milander

Sorry not going to read 6 pages of repeated fanboy/girl/boi rants on how much Crypic rocks/sucks/can(t) do no wrong....The problem is yes, the game is still in beta testing, so yes bugs will exist. The issue is that I doubt any more than 25% of the people supposedly beta testing the game actually reported it. Of those 25% /maybe/ 5% did the report properly. What I mean by that, you may be thinking? Actually filed the /bug report and described what was done to duplicate the bug. Filing a bug report saying "Hey, I can doop items, I found a bug" is....well, the wrong way to do it.

Sure they have some problems, but with a IP like D&D, testers are needed to make the game the best it can be...even if that game ends up a steamy pile of dog poop.....make it a shiny working pile of dog poop :)

Or how even bugs/exploits that WERE reported, were simply ignored and they carried forward because they wanted their money.  At times I seriously wonder if they did it intentionally to drive prices up and make a greater demand for ADs that the consumer buys via RMT through the Zen store.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Daranar

The funny thing is, the same morons who complain about how this stuff ruins the economy and game in general are the ones posting about the exploit all over forums.   This only exasperates the problem, causing more of an issue than not.   Just report it in game, don't use it (because you know they will ban you) and move on.  

Or of course you can tell the world, collapse the economy by making said exploit public, and cause mass hysteria and demand a wipe.....idiots.. 

It is called "whistle blowing" and is generally accepted as a way to get governments, and companies to fix problems.

Those that keep the exploit to themselves, after notification has gone to PWE, are no better than the exploiters.

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Read all about it here right the Neverwinter forums.

Why do you have the specs to your outdated PC in your sig, just wondering?

• hatboxhatbox Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Sarla

Because it's their right to do so?  If your curiosity is that easily entertained, I'm surprised you ever get a chance to play a game..Just sayin'..image

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Daranar

The funny thing is, the same morons who complain about how this stuff ruins the economy and game in general are the ones posting about the exploit all over forums.   This only exasperates the problem, causing more of an issue than not.   Just report it in game, don't use it (because you know they will ban you) and move on.  

Or of course you can tell the world, collapse the economy by making said exploit public, and cause mass hysteria and demand a wipe.....idiots.. 

The funny thing is that if there is an exploit, many will be exploiting it, and doing the right thing is a myth or an extreme outlier.  If you found $1,000 dollars laying on the ground, in the middle of nowhere, you WILL pocket that money.  And if you say otherwise I call BS.

People are not going to go with a disadvantage, and in the real world if one does not aggressively achieve their goals then they will be left behind while others drive forward.  Banning will deter people, NOT doing the "right" thing.

I really hope people exploit the shit out of exploits every chance they get, if only just to get Craptic's heads out of their asses and stop half assing their crap.   With all the bugs and exploits going on I serious wonder what the hell was done in alpha besides "Does you class do something?  Great!  We're done here."  Game feels more like is should still be in the Closed Beta if not Alpha stage than an "Open Beta" besides of course for em just wanting their consumer's money with a subpar product.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Sorry not going to read 6 pages of repeated fanboy/girl/boi rants on how much Crypic rocks/sucks/can(t) do no wrong....

You didn't read the posts with the Simpsons pics, didn't you? lol :P

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Sarla

Eh I will update the siggy when I update my pc, right now it's still letting me play most games I play maxed out or very nearly. The cards need to be replaced though lol

I will probably go with a single card this time though.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Sorry not going to read 6 pages of repeated fanboy/girl/boi rants on how much Crypic rocks/sucks/can(t) do no wrong....The problem is yes, the game is still in beta testing, so yes bugs will exist. The issue is that I doubt any more than 25% of the people supposedly beta testing the game actually reported it. Of those 25% /maybe/ 5% did the report properly. What I mean by that, you may be thinking? Actually filed the /bug report and described what was done to duplicate the bug. Filing a bug report saying "Hey, I can doop items, I found a bug" is....well, the wrong way to do it.

Sure they have some problems, but with a IP like D&D, testers are needed to make the game the best it can be...even if that game ends up a steamy pile of dog poop.....make it a shiny working pile of dog poop :)

Posting about a bug, doop or exploit on a message board that the developers do not access is worse than doing nothing.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

This discussion has been closed.