Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanted to vomit.

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Regardless of the person's opinion, at least they explained themselves in an articulate manner. Aside from that, they expressed a desire to play the game and a measure of impulse control based on their ideals/opinions. Whichever side of the Sub/F2P spectrum you stand on, more people could stand to follow that example (myself included).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by rutaq

So paying for a product you want to use causes you to become physically sick ?  

How did you manage to even type this melodramatic post ?  

Is your keyboard vomit proof ?  

No, the fact that someone might have a view different from his makes him physically ill and prompts posting to forums for view validation. He says above that he thinks Darkfall is sh*t but at the same time is repulsed by the thought that someone would say they don't find it worth the 15 dollars a month to play. It's just another example of the irrational and unhealthy behavior of the business model phobic.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Adokas
    Originally posted by Indol

There seems to be this misconception that cash shops are cheaper than monthly fee's.

For instance, my brother refuses to pay a monthly fee for a game ever again, yet he buys things from cash shops all the time. It eventually adds up to be WAY more than $15 a month. Does this seem to register with him? Nope.

Indeed. And when you try to politely point this out to some people... RAGE. xD

They don't rage, they get frustrated. Why? Because all data ever presented over the past five or so years states the exact opposite - most pay little or nothing a month.

The truth conflicts with what you want to believe, so you dismiss it and keep regurgitating talking points because, if you say it enough times, it eventually becomes true. xD

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

There seems to be this misconception that cash shops are cheaper than monthly fee's.

For instance, my brother refuses to pay a monthly fee for a game ever again, yet he buys things from cash shops all the time. It eventually adds up to be WAY more than $15 a month. Does this seem to register with him? Nope.

They don't rage, they get frustrated. Why? Because all data ever presented over the past five or so years states the exact opposite - most pay little or nothing a month.

The truth conflicts with what you want to believe, so you dismiss it and keep regurgitating talking points because, if you say it enough times, it eventually becomes true. xD

We were talking about the people that do use the cash shop. You're talking about people that don't use (or barely use) the cash shop. There's an incongruity here.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

I read this post on another forum...and quite literally wanted to vomit.

Your thoughts?

You're a drama queen.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Your thoughts?

You're a drama queen.

This,

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Frustration, sure. Rage? Definitely. I've been playing Rift the last week, via the Raptr promotion. You cannot even bring up a slightly negative view upon the upcoming F2P change, or the cash shop, without being ridiculed and raged at. So it definitely happens. And yes, I know of the data that says most pay nothing. But a small amount pay a tonne. My main gripe with cash shops is that I feel they take away focus from the actual game. It's simply on life support, trying to keep those high payers happy.

Your thoughts?

You're a drama queen.

Mad props for using the contraction and not the possessive. That's a rarity these days. image

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    <-------- Darkfall Forum is that way

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

What makes me want to vomit is that there are people walking this earth that are dumb enough to believe that F2P isn't a scam.

They are the same people who see something for $19.99 and say "wow, that's not even $20.00, WHAT A DEAL!!!!"

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by ironhelix

What makes me want to vomit is that there are people walking this earth that are dumb enough to believe that F2P isn't a scam.

They are the same people who see something for $19.99 and say "wow, that's not even $20.00, WHAT A DEAL!!!!"

It's more like the sub-only people see $15 and say, "it has to be better because it costs more!"

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

*reads op

*reads op again

*reads op once again, just to make sure

Yup, just as I thought, somebody is overreacting to someone else having a different opinion of things.

You don't like F2P or B2P? Move along, it's ok. I have no problem giving devs monies for their creations, but I've gotten to the point where the archaic "pay us every month for the privilege of playing" model is no longer for me. And don't jump in here with cell phone, internet or cable analogies. They don't hold water. 

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I totally agree with the OP.  I don't want to play a sub game. I consider sub games something we have had to endure until something better came along. After GW2, for instance,  it is a lie to say sub games give us more updates/content going forward. We were told this for so long and it is a blatant lie.  Fortunately,  we will be seeing fewer sub games going forward.  

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Stromm

Your thoughts?

You're a drama queen.

This,

Careful!!!  I called Elikal(spelling?) a drama queen on here and I was banned for it lol

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by flizzer

I totally agree with the OP.  I don't want to pay a sub game a game. I consider sub games something we have had to endure until something better came along. After GW2, for instance,  it is a lie to say sub games give us more updates/content going forward. We were told this for so long and it is a blatant lie.  Fortunately,  we will be seeing fewer sub games going forward.  

Honestly can't tell if this is a clever barb designed to taunt Milky or whether you just have zero reading comprehension.

Either way, keep up the good work. :-)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yea subs totaly suck.

people dont need to be payed for the (monthly) work! they shall be happy if they get enough via cashshops!

then focus on those items, and never release any good content again!

seriously, you gotta know if you are developing a game, you don't do it for the money, you do it for US! that should be enough reward already, and then you come up with that silly "fee" thingie!

*/end of try 1*

*start of try 2*

yea, i totaly told that to my houselord too.... i told him he should be happy that i live in his house, and that his monthly rent so totaly is a thing of the past!

seriously, what kind of pathetic being does charge money for services!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane

yea subs totaly suck.

people dont need to be payed for the (monthly) work! they shall be happy if they get enough via cashshops!

seriously, you gotta know if you are developing a game, you don't do it for the money, you do it for US! that should be enough reward already, and then you come up with that silly "fee" thingie!

*/end of try 1*

*start of try 2*

yea, i totaly told that to my houselord too.... i told him he should be happy that i live in his house, and that his monthly rent so totaly is a thing of the past!

I feel for you, man. It's obvious that you were trying really hard there, so it was so disheartening to see how badly you missed the mark at either being humorous or making a relevant point.

Dude, my heart goes out to you. You did put in the effort, though, and that's what counts. image

I feel for you, man. It's obvious that you were trying really hard there, so it was so disheartening to see how badly you missed the mark at either being humorous or making a relevant point.

Dude, my heart goes out to you. You did put in the effort, though, and that's what counts. image

sarcasm never was about being relevant dude. thx for your backing tho :>

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Ya I totally agree paying for things  sucks. Why cant more things in life be completely free, you know like cars, houses, cloths, food, vacations, boats.

How come we  have to spend money on things?  I don't get it, its 2013 and everything I want isn't free yet? I mean if its on the internet it should be free right?   I can just download it and install it, I shouldn't have to pay for something like that.  There is no value in software.

And don't they make their money off of other people besides me?  You know the people that buy things in the CASH SHOP?  I don't totally understand how economics and all that stuff works, but when I was a kid I didn't have to pay for anything and nothing bad happed to my parents.  Isn't there someone else out there that can foot the bill for me still?

I'm so depressed and upset, I think I'm going to vomit..........

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Thane

yea subs totaly suck.

*/end of try 1*

*start of try 2*

:)

Gah...   you mean you want me to pay for what I consume.    :P

Seriously, the jury is out on whole F2P revolution and if it benefits MMOs.  It certainly looks to be a way to boost profits but it is still unproven if the profits benefit the actual game more than a traditional Subscription model.

Even the industry Vets and Economists don't know how it will play out, some are onboard and think that F2P being in the core of the initial design will provide healthy game play development and others think the F2P kills the soul of the game by chasing the nickels and dimes and engineering game play inconveniences.

Nevermind the mess it makes in a PvP based MMO, with pay locked content, advancement, gear, etc...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Ya I totally agree paying for things  sucks. Why cant more things in life be completely free, you know like cars, houses, cloths, food, vacations, boats.

How come we  have to spend money on things?  I don't get it, its 2013 and everything I want isn't free yet? I mean if its on the internet it should be free right?   I can just download it and install it, I shouldn't have to pay for something like that.  There is no value in software.

And don't they make their money off of other people besides me?  You know the people that buy things in the CASH SHOP?  I don't totally understand how economics and all that stuff works, but when I was a kid I didn't have to pay for anything and nothing bad happed to my parents.  Isn't there someone else out there that can foot the bill for me still?

I'm so depressed and upset, I think I'm going to vomit..........

Did you even read the post ? Or did you just feel there wasn't enough melodrama in the one post. He never said anything about being totally free.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Sub will forever be the better option in my opinion. I just can't understand for the life of me how people can prefer F2P.
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    Sub will forever be the better option in my opinion. I just can't understand for the life of me how people can prefer F2P.

i was asked to "contribute" to this post, so here we go:

totaly +1

if i play a game i like, i actually WANT to pay for it. i think if no one is paying, the devs get less money (and yes the publisher too... i know i know) and the development itself gets slower, or focused on the wrong parts.

if you have a sub AND a shop (for example as in wow or TSW or any other of those games), the devs have more freedom to do what they want, and what they think is best for the players.

if you do not have to worry about money, you work alot better in general :) especialy in design, coding and "RP wise" creating stuff. you need motivation for those and that's what we (and at least me gladly) pay for.

having the cash shop as "external" method to get some money beside the monthly payments sounds okai to me, as long they do not sell "need" items, but only "style" items.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Wow, how are people not understanding what I said?

Perhaps because you created a cryptic, and somewhat deceptive thread title?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Give me a subscription any day of the week.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!