Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Got my fracture MAX and made this video

Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthPosts: 4,984Member

There was an epic battle for the Impact site yesterday, we fought for at least an hour probably two over that crap hole! So I made a video of the days events,

 

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

  • ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member

    I started playing again and I'm pretty down about how bad the NC is nowadays. TR weapons are still OP due to super accuracy (low damage doesn't matter when at close/medium you cant miss).

    It's still a good game but the TR faceroll stuff gets old

    Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

  • Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthPosts: 4,984Member
    Originally posted by ignore_me

    I started playing again and I'm pretty down about how bad the NC is nowadays. TR weapons are still OP due to super accuracy (low damage doesn't matter when at close/medium you cant miss).

    It's still a good game but the TR faceroll stuff gets old

     

    I play TR on Woodman and trust me everyone complains (including me) about the super doper Vanguard and its shield of win and the ultra powerful NC weapons that butt rape you in one shot. As for the scat MAX, well I can go head to head with a scat MAX if I have full kinetic armour (which I do) and two mercies with extended mags. However if the NC MAX has a full kinetic and a shield of win I'm not so certain.

    As for the Vanu, don't get me started on the bloody VANU!

    I guess it all boils down to superior organisation, whoever is organised best given equal numbers comes out on top.

     

    We won back impact site but only after the NC had pushed us down the map by about four facilities as we made a fighting withdrawl towards our warp gate. That battle on my vid was when we started to push back afterwards and it wasn't an easy face roll, more like hours of pounding eachother and the NC were hit by the VANU as well at one stage.

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member

    No I agree that each side has their gripes and its pretty subjective, but the results in play are pretty conclusive. The biggest failure is on the team level, but the equipment draws the Virtual Aggression crowd to TR, and the VS draws the easy moders.

    That new dune buggy is ridiculous too. Its tougher than the light tank in the game, can evade most missiles, and makes infantry fights in the open untenable. They nerfed the Libs only to replace them with buggies.

    Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

  • mmoskimmoski plymouthPosts: 282Member
    Originally posted by Agricola1
    Originally posted by ignore_me
     

    I guess it all boils down to superior organisation, whoever is organised best given equal numbers comes out on top.

    Yeah this is it for the most part, but there are so many factors involved, people can argue about balance all day long.

    When they bring in the competitive 48 vs 48 islands in I can guaranty they will look at balance again, since it will be set player numbers, so it's a lot clearer to balance, especially when they are looking to enter into MLG.

  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Norfolk, VAPosts: 812Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Agricola1
    Originally posted by ignore_me

    I started playing again and I'm pretty down about how bad the NC is nowadays. TR weapons are still OP due to super accuracy (low damage doesn't matter when at close/medium you cant miss).

    It's still a good game but the TR faceroll stuff gets old

     

    I play TR on Woodman and trust me everyone complains (including me) about the super doper Vanguard and its shield of win and the ultra powerful NC weapons that butt rape you in one shot. As for the scat MAX, well I can go head to head with a scat MAX if I have full kinetic armour (which I do) and two mercies with extended mags. However if the NC MAX has a full kinetic and a shield of win I'm not so certain.

    As for the Vanu, don't get me started on the bloody VANU!

    I guess it all boils down to superior organisation, whoever is organised best given equal numbers comes out on top.

     

    We won back impact site but only after the NC had pushed us down the map by about four facilities as we made a fighting withdrawl towards our warp gate. That battle on my vid was when we started to push back afterwards and it wasn't an easy face roll, more like hours of pounding eachother and the NC were hit by the VANU as well at one stage.

    cmon now..lets cut to the chase.

     

     

    ZOE MAX... image

  • Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthPosts: 4,984Member

    The ZOE MAX nerf is on the test server already so I say let them have their fun with it. Though I have no idea what the DEVS were smoking after they removed damage drop off over distance from VANU infantry weapons. I mean they already have no kick and no bullet drop off and reload the quickest, now they don't even lose damage which was the cost of having those advantages!

     

    But hey, TR will get their day as king of the hill when the DEVS decide to accidentally/deliberately/whatever make our infantry weapons god like. Our outfit rolled some Vanu chars yesterday to test out their weapons and I must say I did lose respect for Vanu players, it was like playing in easy mode versus the TR "Bend over and take it hard mode". Though it makes those victories all the more sweet.

    I thought the NC shield for their MAX would be OP but unlike the ZOE you need to use it tactically with support for it to be effective. Unlike the ZOE where you just flick the button for god mode then go on a killing rampage...OK maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it sure feels like that.

    Damn, you've got me started on a PS2 rant now, I'd just like to say that I actually love the game...although bitching about the Vanu is probably half the fun, the other half when we butt rape those easy mode, latex loving, metrosexual nubs!!!

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • mmoskimmoski plymouthPosts: 282Member
    Originally posted by Agricola1

    The ZOE MAX nerf is on the test server already so I say let them have their fun with it. Though I have no idea what the DEVS were smoking after they removed damage drop off over distance from VANU infantry weapons. I mean they already have no kick and no bullet drop off and reload the quickest, now they don't even lose damage which was the cost of having those advantages!

     

    But hey, TR will get their day as king of the hill when the DEVS decide to accidentally/deliberately/whatever make our infantry weapons god like. Our outfit rolled some Vanu chars yesterday to test out their weapons and I must say I did lose respect for Vanu players, it was like playing in easy mode versus the TR "Bend over and take it hard mode". Though it makes those victories all the more sweet.

    I thought the NC shield for their MAX would be OP but unlike the ZOE you need to use it tactically with support for it to be effective. Unlike the ZOE where you just flick the button for god mode then go on a killing rampage...OK maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it sure feels like that.

    Damn, you've got me started on a PS2 rant now, I'd just like to say that I actually love the game...although bitching about the Vanu is probably half the fun, the other half when we butt rape those easy mode, latex loving, metrosexual nubs!!!

    So true, i play NC, and i mostly use the Warden, i do find it hard to compete with the TR and Vanu LMG weapons, but the BR is a full control weapon and if you have good accuracy and reflex's its pretty awesome at all ranges. :D

  • Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthPosts: 4,984Member

    Playing TR I find that of the NC infantry weapons their shotguns are the bane of my existence, I appreciate that you need to compensate for kick and crappy reload times but it doesn't prevent me from raging after being one shotted in the face. I know that you're gonna tell me it's impossible to one shot an enemy with a shotgun and you're probably right but it sure feels that way!

    As for bolt drivers, don't get me started on bolt drivers.

    However unlike Vanu NC have drawbacks to their infantry weapons, I'd like to find that grinning fool Higby and smack his head against a concrete wall a few times until he realises that Vanu infantry weapons need to have damage drop off. The trouble is that most of these jokers that profess to play the game don't, they have low level chars and if you've ever seen Friday night ops these guys are tragic at playing the game. I've played better when I was a bit merry on whisky (Balvenie portwood, damn good speyside scotch) and holding a cigar in my left hand!

    Ah better stop there before I get on to burster ZOE MAXs that can rape rape a liberator solo!

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • mmoskimmoski plymouthPosts: 282Member
    Originally posted by Agricola1

    Playing TR I find that of the NC infantry weapons their shotguns are the bane of my existence, I appreciate that you need to compensate for kick and crappy reload times but it doesn't prevent me from raging after being one shotted in the face. I know that you're gonna tell me it's impossible to one shot an enemy with a shotgun and you're probably right but it sure feels that way!

    As for bolt drivers, don't get me started on bolt drivers.

    However unlike Vanu NC have drawbacks to their infantry weapons, I'd like to find that grinning fool Higby and smack his head against a concrete wall a few times until he realises that Vanu infantry weapons need to have damage drop off. The trouble is that most of these jokers that profess to play the game don't, they have low level chars and if you've ever seen Friday night ops these guys are tragic at playing the game. I've played better when I was a bit merry on whisky (Balvenie portwood, damn good speyside scotch) and holding a cigar in my left hand!

    Ah better stop there before I get on to burster ZOE MAXs that can rape rape a liberator solo!

    Well i can tell you 100% shotguns are one shot all round, 2 if you get your shield up if your HA, but they are so limited by range so they are kind of balanced.

    hah @ bolt drivers

    Yeah i have played both Vanu and TR and i can say without a doubt they are so much easier to use, once you work out the recoil and counter it with mouse movement, its well, just too easy. The ZOE, hah that thing may need another change after this one, the problem with it is the movement speed, but maybe the current change will be enough. I'm a little annoyed at the NC MAX, while the shield is good for tactical play, me personally would like to see mid range anti inf  weapons. Or to make me happy they can change back the phoenix, lol j/k.

     

  • AldersAlders Jack Burton'sPosts: 1,857Member Uncommon
    +1 for using Sabbath.
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Norfolk, VAPosts: 812Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Agricola1

    The ZOE MAX nerf is on the test server already so I say let them have their fun with it. Though I have no idea what the DEVS were smoking after they removed damage drop off over distance from VANU infantry weapons. I mean they already have no kick and no bullet drop off and reload the quickest, now they don't even lose damage which was the cost of having those advantages!

     

    But hey, TR will get their day as king of the hill when the DEVS decide to accidentally/deliberately/whatever make our infantry weapons god like. Our outfit rolled some Vanu chars yesterday to test out their weapons and I must say I did lose respect for Vanu players, it was like playing in easy mode versus the TR "Bend over and take it hard mode". Though it makes those victories all the more sweet.

    I thought the NC shield for their MAX would be OP but unlike the ZOE you need to use it tactically with support for it to be effective. Unlike the ZOE where you just flick the button for god mode then go on a killing rampage...OK maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it sure feels like that.

    Damn, you've got me started on a PS2 rant now, I'd just like to say that I actually love the game...although bitching about the Vanu is probably half the fun, the other half when we butt rape those easy mode, latex loving, metrosexual nubs!!!

    image LFMAO!!!!!!!!

    I dispute nothing!

     

    edit:  just to add,   many felt the Vanu MAX was UP pre ZOE, which wasnt the case, on top of that the sudden mass wave of MAX's on the VS side, with the addition of ZOE has overwhelmed the other two factions (on matterson).  even with out the ZOE  the VS could still hold its own. id rather we kept our jet pack ability from PS1, or give us close range melee blades as mentioned in a few dicussions back.  ZOE , to me in its current form, is like grabbing a  Star from super mario bros. and going to work on the enemy, esspecially enemies that are not paying attention; those are the real victims.

    so far ZOE lvl.4  MAX dual comet guns is very strong if not versatile. erases infantry if both shots hit, does significant damage towards vehicles.

    so ya......our pink cocaine powers are nothing to laugh about, the nerf was only a matter of time.

Sign In or Register to comment.