Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Charts - Official numbers from Steam

1235»

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    If the major work around for the buggy Steam launcher is to stop using it and just download the one off the Darkfall website, how much do these statistics actually show?

I guess that would be a good question to put to Steam and Aventurine, since they are the ones that are paying for those statistics in the first place.  

If you think that Aventurine is wasting their money with Steam... you should probably let them know you think it is a waste of their limited resources.  

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by xzyax
    If the major work around for the buggy Steam launcher is to stop using it and just download the one off the Darkfall website, how much do these statistics actually show?

I guess that would be a good question to put to Steam and Aventurine, since they are the ones that are paying for those statistics in the first place.  

If you think that Aventurine is wasting their money with Steam... you should probably let them know you think it is a waste of their limited resources.  

You've read what I wrote but then decided to write what you wanted to write, trying to pass it off as if I ever said AV were wasting their time with Steam. That is not the case.

What's the motive here?

You've read what I wrote but then decided to write what you wanted to write, trying to pass it off as if I ever said AV were wasting their time with Steam. That is not the case.

What's the motive here?

Aventurine thought it a good idea to pay money for Steam and all that comes with that.  Steam thought it a good idea to spend money on making a daily graph of peak users for Aventurine.  I simply thought it a good idea to put the numbers in an easy to read format that everyone can validate for themselves.  

If you don't like the idea... as far as I know there isn't anybody forcing you to visit the thread.  Just saying.  image

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

What's the motive here?

Aventurine thought it a good idea to pay money for Steam and all that comes with that.  Steam thought it a good idea to spend money on making a daily graph of peak users for Aventurine.  I simply thought it a good idea to put the numbers in an easy to read format that everyone can validate for themselves.  

If you don't like the idea... as far as I know there isn't anybody forcing you to visit the thread.  Just saying.  image

Except yourself, who constantly bumps this thread back to the top.

What's the motive here?

That's really clutching at straws. Steam charts are a great thing for games which :

A.) Launched on Steam originally

B.) Don't encounter widespread issues with the steam launcher

C.) Don't have a separate launcher that everyone, including Steam buyers are highly recommended to use

What's the motive here?

That's really clutching at straws. Steam charts are a great thing for games which :

A.) Launched on Steam originally

B.) Don't encounter widespread issues with the steam launcher

C.) Don't have a separate launcher that everyone, including Steam buyers are highly recommended to use

Thanks for your opinion.  

As long as Aventurine values Steam as a partner and Steam values putting out a chart showing everyone the numbers; I will probably decide to update a thread with those official numbers here on MMORPG.COM that everyone can decide to view... or not.  image

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

It doesn't require Steam to play.

Though they are trying to get everyone to use Steam, as it makes AV's job easier.

Oyasumi fumimori

Can you explain how your baseline numbers work? I can't help but notice it looks very inconsistent.

Sat., May 11th is a baseline of -1.

Sun, May 12th is also a baseline of -1.

Despite a huge different in peak players?

Sat., June 22nd is a baseline of +20 but then the following day with 24 more peak players is -21?

Why not simply post Steam Chart's summary?

Which shows a 58.5% retention rate of people still using the Steam Launcher since launch. Considering the widespread issues with the Steam launcher and the only fix being to change to the non-steam launcher, that's a very high retention rate. Further reflected by anecdotes of the people playing.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

Thanks for your opinion.  

As long as Aventurine values Steam as a partner and Steam values putting out a chart showing everyone the numbers; I will probably decide to update a thread with those official numbers here on MMORPG.COM that everyone can decide to view... or not.  image

Just to clear this up:

Steam chart is not a STEAM/Valve product.

An experiment with Steam's player numbers.

"Not affiliated with Valve in any way. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Our goal is to provide unique insight into gaming trends. © steamcharts.com"

Steam will not confirm or deny those numbers.  AV and Valve has no investment in steam charts. 

The numbers are no way official.  The title is very misleading. 

I would personally question those numbers because when we go to Siege we have more people per side than what Steam chart is reporting. 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Since these are not official numbers, and there are questions about their functionality, I'm locking this. However, keep in mind that posting numbers itself isn't against any rules, but saying they are official when they're not is misleading.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.